Zacchaeus Holster, Glock, XD subcompact

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Kenefick
Posts in topic: 1

Zacchaeus Holster, Glock, XD subcompact

Post by Kenefick »

I bought a couple of new to me Zack holsters made by Dale Fricke holsters. They are kydex sleeves that snap around the trigger guard of a Glock or XD Springfield with a para cord attached that goes on your belt or belt loop. The gun is carried inside the waistband. I tried it a couple of times with mixed results, once for about 4 hours with the XD eventually sliding down my leg upside down, but securely attached to my belt. The other time for only about an hour when I wanted my Glock from the truck with me. This time worked better maybe because the finger extension on the mag helped to keep the gun butt above the belt. They are a big improvement over the shoe string I learned to use many years ago, but I was wondering if anyone else had tried them.

Warhammer
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Zacchaeus Holster, Glock, XD subcompact

Post by Warhammer »

I've seen these types of "holster" (even calling it a holster is exceedingly generous) before and personally think they are a dangerous gimmik. They are simply a trigger sheath to give the illusion of safety when using the "Mexican carry" method. I can think of absolutely no circumstance in which a real holster would not be a FAR superior method of carry. These do nothing to secure the gun (that's why it slipped down you pants) and disengaging the cover from the trigger requires it's own odd movement prior to presenting the gun. Even One Source Tactical, who sells them, "specifically disclaims any liability at all" becase of the dangerous nature of this product. These are best thrown in the trash and forgotten.
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow is too lazy to form an opinion." - Rogers, Will

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”