Pictures of your "Black Guns"

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 49

Re: Pictures of your "Black Guns"

Post by The Annoyed Man »

lawrnk wrote:...it's like grabbing the rear end of a porcupine...
And exactly how do we know what that feels like? :bigear:

:mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

lawrnk
Posts in topic: 5

Post by lawrnk »

Tireshred wrote:I've been looking for a Kel Tec Sub 2000 in 9mm that will accept Glock mags, found it at GRB this weekend and it's the new model that will accept all Glock 9mm mags. Range report is very good, it will go thru a 250 round UMC mega pack in a heartbeat. It took around 30 rounds to get it on paper at 25 yards, I didn’t sit and try to get to sub 1” MOA, it will obliterate the paper at 25 yards, recoil as you can imagine is mild, follow up shots are right on target. No malfunctions, cleaning is a breeze. It’s a nice little carbine.

No matter what people say about Keltec, that is one heck of an accurate carbine. I have it in .40, as I have a g22 and tons of mags. Only problem for me is the stock is just a bit too short.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

lawrnk
Posts in topic: 5

Post by lawrnk »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

Ok, ok, a prickly pear? Almost wish I did the 2" underside rail, mounted on some non tapered standard handguards.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 49

Post by The Annoyed Man »

lawrnk wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

Ok, ok, a prickly pear? Almost wish I did the 2" underside rail, mounted on some non tapered standard handguards.
Mount a Magpul AFG on the rail, it will be a LOT more comfortable to hold. I have one, and I love mine.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

particle
Posts in topic: 1

Post by particle »

I traded off a .308 target rifle I built for this S&W M&P15T a few weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Seller said it has only had 90 rounds down the tube. He had installed a Magpul PRS stock, and included the bipod and vertical grip. Also threw in a couple dozen mags - about half of them were brand new.

http://www.adamsleatherworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Warhammer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Warhammer »

Going green is good, right? So my EBR is actually not evil at all... It's green, so it's good!
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow is too lazy to form an opinion." - Rogers, Will

RECIT
Posts in topic: 18

Post by RECIT »

Is that a 47 or 74? Looks awesome and its the best color in the world.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Warhammer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Warhammer »

RECIT wrote:Is that a 47 or 74? Looks awesome and its the best color in the world.
It's a 47, a Romanian "G" rifle.
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow is too lazy to form an opinion." - Rogers, Will

centexrandy

Post by centexrandy »

Nothing fancy, stock Bushmaster AR-15 M-4 type.
3 Point sling and not pictured is a small accessory rail for a light.
USMC Kabar knife, belonged to my father while in Vietnam

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

Not black but still a load of fun to shoot. Waiting for my Form 1 to come back so I can put a Romy underfold stock on it. :evil2:

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 15

Post by NcongruNt »

lawrnk wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

I'm nearing completion of my build and had the same reservations. I wanted a quad rail so I could easily hang a light or whatever else on there and top rail for optical options, but i didn't want to have to hold sharp picatinny rail corners. So I ordered one of these:

It seems you have a carbine-length gas system, which limits your options. There's about anything you could think of as an option for the AR, so you can probably find what you're looking for. You also have the option of a vertical foregrip that can mount to your existing rail, something to consider.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Tireshred
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Tireshred »

This is my 3rd recent Kel Tec purchase and all have been great guns (Sub2000, SU-16C) and now this tricked out Kel Tec PLR-16 5.56 I picked up at the Pasadena Fun Show Saturday, notice how little it kicks. It had zero issues with about 200 rounds of brass FMJ and steel cased FMJ’s. And it’s accurate at 50 yards, most hit paper while I was standing, bench is obviously better.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... nt=PLR.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

Zoomie

Post by Zoomie »

Carry-a-Kimber wrote:Image
Not black but still a load of fun to shoot. Waiting for my Form 1 to come back so I can put a Romy underfold stock on it. :evil2:

This is very much what I want my next project gun to be (after I finish the AR, and pick up a few non project guns). Thanks for the picks (I can't help but think "best car gun")
"Speed is fine accuracy is final."
-Wyatt Earp

"Great danger lies in the notion we can reason with evil."
-Winston Churchill

And the wind shall say 'Here were decent godless people'. Their only monument the asphalt road and a thousand lost golf balls.
-T.S Elliot

shipwreck
Posts in topic: 11

Post by shipwreck »

My Two PS90s :)

And without the mag clamp:

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”