Shots fired in Mopac road rage incident

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
GreezyG
Posts in topic: 4

Shots fired in Mopac road rage incident

Post by GreezyG »

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/shot ... e-incident" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shu
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Shots fired in Mopac road rage incident

Post by Shu »

WOW..... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Excaliber »

Shu wrote:WOW..... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I'm speechless. Shu has expressed my sentiments well.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
GreezyG

Post by GreezyG »

Yup... This exact scenario came up in my CHL class.

If your in a car.. just get away, it's not too hard to do. Especially on Mopac. I've had to do it many times, mostly when UT is in session.

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Crossfire »

People! PEOPLE! Use your BRAINS! geesh....
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

Excaliber wrote:
Shu wrote:WOW..... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I'm speechless. Shu has expressed my sentiments well.
:iagree: :iagree:
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Well, you see, officer, the reason that I kept following him for seven or eight miles is so he could antagonize me enough so that I could reach the point that I became in fear for my life and I would therefore be justified in using my firearm to stop the threat that he was presenting to me because I refused to leave while he was antagonizing me and getting me to the point that I became in fear for my life....oh...nevermind...I screwed up.... :banghead: :banghead:
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Topic author
GreezyG

Post by GreezyG »

baldeagle wrote:Well, you see, officer, the reason that I kept following him for seven or eight miles is so he could antagonize me enough so that I could reach the point that I became in fear for my life and I would therefore be justified in using my firearm to stop the threat that he was presenting to me because I refused to leave while he was antagonizing me and getting me to the point that I became in fear for my life....oh...nevermind...I screwed up.... :banghead: :banghead:
:iagree: :thumbs2: :smash:

kahrfreak

Post by kahrfreak »

Yet another CHLer that gives the rest of us a black eye. What a moron.
GOA Life Member
JPFO Member

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Crossfire wrote:People! PEOPLE! Use your BRAINS! geesh....
Maybe he slept through that part of the CHL class?

Bad news: One "good guy" is going to forever lose his ability to carry (and worse) because he couldn't control his temper.

Worse news: The jerk in the truck has probably learned that it's illegal for other people to "get even" for his mean-spirited driving, thus reinforcing his antisocial behavior.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Matthew Evans, 20, the driver of the truck told offers he was intentionally antagonizing Smith, but thought they were just “messing around” up until the point shots were fired.
People like this are allowed to breed and to vote?

bayouhazard

Post by bayouhazard »

Oldgringo wrote:
Matthew Evans, 20, the driver of the truck told offers he was intentionally antagonizing Smith, but thought they were just “messing around” up until the point shots were fired.
That's why I would say not guilty if I was on the jury.

I think the shooter handled it wrong but I want bullies to worry that someone might fight back since, based on the behavior I see on the freeways around here, the DA/police have no interest in arresting people for assaultive threats with a motor vehicle.

RiverCity.45

Post by RiverCity.45 »

Oy. Since we don't have to demonstrated the ability to exercise good judgement when carrying, I guess these sorts of things are going to happen from time to time. :grumble
9/21/09 - Received license
"Nothing is so dangerous as an idea when it is the only one you have." - Emile Chartier

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

bayouhazard wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
That's why I would say not guilty if I was on the jury.

I think the shooter handled it wrong but I want bullies to worry that someone might fight back since, based on the behavior I see on the freeways around here, the DA/police have no interest in arresting people for assaultive threats with a motor vehicle.
I would be the opposite and I would be the first to vote guilty. The guy had ample opportunity to back away from the person who originally cut him off. He pursued the guy for 7 - 8 miles, THEN shot at him. This was totally driven by rage of the CHL (who is an idiot BTW) and deserves to be prosecuted. And if he is a member of the forum, this doesn't count as a personal attack because he should have paid better attention to our posts and learned something. :banghead:

And just because someone is a bully in traffic doesn't give you the right to assault them with a deadly weapon. License plate numbers and a call to the police are the proper method.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Never Again!!”