Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

KFP
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by KFP »

.30calSolution wrote:Hello Everyone!!

I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself to all of you. I posted in a thread on OFCC (Ohioans For Concealed Carry)that I was packing to make the move to Texas and a member from these forums suggested that I join up or at least check out this site.....

...I look forward to speaking with all of you and hopefully meeting some of you in person.

My Regards,
--.30calSolution
That may have been me, either way welcome! Glad to have you with us!

I grew up in Ohio and moved down here 3.5 years ago and haven't looked back. Let me know if you'd like to go shoot sometime.
Life Member NRA & TSRA

.30calSolution
Posts in topic: 3

Post by .30calSolution »

KFP wrote:
.30calSolution wrote: I posted in a thread on OFCC (Ohioans For Concealed Carry)that I was packing to make the move to Texas and a member from these forums suggested that I join up or at least check out this site.....
That may have been me, either way welcome! Glad to have you with us!

I grew up in Ohio and moved down here 3.5 years ago and haven't looked back. Let me know if you'd like to go shoot sometime.
It most certainly was you, I was simply attempting to be modest and not name-drop. :lol:

I haven't been to the range yet. I'm really not sure where all of them are and which ones are good. Send me a PM or something and let me know what days are good for you and we can line something up.

Lefty Writer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lefty Writer »

Good morning, yall,
Please allow me to introduce myself. I just found this forum this weekend, and right away knew it would be one I wanted to join.

44 y/o Male
Research Associate doing infectious disease research (virology) at a major institution. Have my AAS in Biomedical Technology.
Happily married (we're "DINKS")
No plastic yet....took the class two days ago (6/27/10), mailed my packet yesterday (6/28/10)
Texas House District 129
As of now, I have a Taurus PT92 and a Colt Commander .45 ACP that I will carry once I receive my plastic. Ultimately, I'm looking at either a Taurus PT111 or PT145 for regular carry.

A native Texan by the grace of God, I'm also an avid geocacher and enjoy writing short fiction...hence part of my user name. The "Lefty" part of my user name is because I'm predominantly left handed.

I am a member of the League City CPA Alumni Association, and highly encourage anyone who has not participated in their local CPA program to contact their local PD and find out whether or not they have a CPA program.

Have a great day, all, and for those who are in the projected path of Alex, take care and stay dry.

USA1
Posts in topic: 143

Post by USA1 »

Welcome to the forum Lefty Writer :tiphat:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

texasjeep44

Post by texasjeep44 »

Hello everyone,

Fairly new to posting here. I joined some time ago, but have not been active until recently. Spend most of my forum time on another carry forum.

Anyway,

From Texarkana, mid 40's, self employed, married, with one youngster.

Been carrying for about 6 or 7 years now. Daily, every day where it is legal, not occasionally. Wife carries as well for the past 1 1/2 years or so.

Switch between a Taurus 24/7 Pro DS 9mm, PT111, and an SP101. Occasionally a Dan Wesson 1911, but man are blued guns a pain to keep clean when your sweating on them or what. Carry mostly in Fist OWB holsters with either a Fist or Crossbreed belt, sometimes a Crossbreed Supertuck. Wife carries a S&W 642, or a G19, don't piss her off she is a pretty good shot. :mrgreen:

Will be at the CHL Instructor course on Monday the 5th with my wife. Hope to see some of you all there.

Look forward to spending more time on this forum and getting and giving some good input.

Kevin
Just remember shot placement is much more important with what you shoot than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.

http://www.ddchl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ACP Shooter

Post by ACP Shooter »

Hello All, Been lurking here for a couple of months

I took the CHL class ten yrs ago and for some reason never sent it in, dunno why
so I took the course again in may and sent off everything, I waiting on the background check approval and printing my plastic
I'm 45 married and father to 1 son 11yrs old who is learning to shoot with me now
work as a Safety Person
Plan to use my PT145 to carry, waiting on delivery of a Crossbreed Supertuck wife got me for fathers day
learning alot reading other posts
I got to shoot as a guest at PSC and saw an IDPA shoot and really want to join up and enter a shoot one day, looks to be really fun.
thanks

Beken
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beken »

I figured I'd introduce before launching into the forum. So here it goes.

My name's Mark, and I'm a small time holster maker/freelance website designer/dog sitter|trainer. I received my CHL about five years ago and initially tried to carry a P226 in a VM2. I quickly went to a 642 in the pocket, and now I sport a G26 in a custom made IWB.

Why do I carry? I carry simply because some people are willing and able to do bad things.
Esse quam videri

USA1

Post by USA1 »

texasjeep44, ACP Shooter, and Beken, Welcome to the forum. :txflag:
You all are invited to join in the conversations. :tiphat:

Beken
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beken »

Thanks, USA1
Esse quam videri

joe817
Posts in topic: 128

Post by joe817 »

texasjeep44, ACP Shooter, and Beken, Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you all with us! :tiphat:

There's a wealth of information here at your fingertips and a great bunch of guys & gals to get to know. And look forward to your future posts. :txflag:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

CarryTexas

Post by CarryTexas »

Howdy from a new member...

Male
Full Time Vice President of Web Development for a marketing company in Dallas, Part Time CHL Instructor
Married, with 4 kids
3Yrs CHL
My equipment varies, but my main daily carry weapon is a Sig Sauer P239 .40

--

John
John Wainwright
Frisco, TX
Texas DPS Certified CHL Instructor

Sig Sauer P239 .40
Sig Sauer P229R Elite .40
Smith & Wesson 19-5 2" .357 Magnum

USA1

Post by USA1 »

CarryTexas wrote:Howdy from a new member...
Welcome to the forum John. Nice to have you aboard. :tiphat:

stinkbait

Post by stinkbait »

I am from Southeast Texas, been in the military most of my adult life. Came back some after some odd 20 yrs. I have had my chl for a while 7months. I try to get as many people involved as I can with becoming a chl carry. I firmly believe in God, and Country. I have several pistols and a few long guns. I am going to get certified NRA Instructor and then Dps instructor qaulified for teaching other good Americans. I am very devoted to "Texas", it comes first over a lot of the other parts of the country. I hope to make some contributions to this forum. :txflag:

boba

Post by boba »

23/M/Houston
Texas house district 16
I'm single and work in IS. I have my CHL 2 years and carry a PT145 every day.
My nickname comes from my first name and last initial but Boba Fett is pretty cool too.

Dominion

Post by Dominion »

Hi!

New member here. Just got my plastic 4 weeks ago. Still trying to get used to the feel of a gun on me but i like the feeling that i can protect myself and others if need be. Great forum here.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”