April 2010 applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

flylow
Posts in topic: 33

Re: April 2010 applications

Post by flylow »

Texas Dan Mosby wrote:73 days and counting!!!!!!!!! :hurry:

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE Bureaucracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously?!? :confused5 I thought my 59 days stunk. I'm feeling for you Texas D! :grumble

-flylow
Insert compliant signature here.

Texas Dan Mosby
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Texas Dan Mosby »

Day 81...

Examination of the online status today shows prints and background check have finally been completed. Estimation of time required to complete the license manufacture: 2 weeks minimum imo...
88 day wait for the state to approve my constitutional right to bear arms...

cnovel
Posts in topic: 9

Post by cnovel »

JUst wondering where you took your class. I also am still waiting, no letter request for more info. I have been out of town,I work alot around Laredo,,and just new I would have it in my box,,still "under review" turned in April 29 th,,online application that was about 6months old and class in Brazoria county,,wondering if that had anything to do with it,,also just realized I did not put an Encinal address on app. that I get 3 hunting magazines at ,who knows.

cnovel

Post by cnovel »

Finally an e-mail response,,

At this time a technician is needing to verify that anything found in the background investigation is non disqualifying.

Customer Service Representative I
Concealed Handgun Licensing Bureau

non-disqualifying ???? no felonies,,can buy a gun,,(3 in the past year ),,seems a background check in todays world is really very fast,,,computers etc,,,anything after 40 days they have to be looking really hard to find something.,,I was told by a trooper friend in Laredo to get one,( i work in the area alot ) he knows I have one in truck,all the time there anyway,,who knows,,

alot of good information on this site

Lefty Writer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lefty Writer »

Almost there....

When I checked the DPS site yesterday, my fingerprints and background checks were still "under review." Today, though, I see that my fingerprint status is now complete. That just leaves the background check left to complete. Everything else has the green check by it.

Application recieved on 30 June, so I guess it's not too bad.

EDIT: Just realized this is in the wrong thread. I thought I had posted this in the JUNE thread. Sorry 'bout that....

:oops:
Last edited by Lefty Writer on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Texas Dan Mosby

JUst wondering where you took your class.
Bell county.

In accordance with statute, they probably had to get a report from a county I lived in out of state within the last 5 years, and who knows how long that took.

In this day of automation, not everybody is at the same level, so while some areas have much of their info online, others still use old school paper filing techniques.

Now it's going to be a matter of comedy finding out exactly how long it will take these jokers to actually create and mail the license.

I'm thinking 3 weeks minimum.

Apparently April is NOT the time to apply or renew...

Texas Dan Mosby

Status shows "mailed".

Finally.

86 days after receipt of the application.

Better late than never...

Teamless
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Teamless »

Texas Dan Mosby wrote:86 days after receipt of the application.
Congrats!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

flylow

Post by flylow »

Texas Dan Mosby wrote:Status shows "mailed".
Awesome! :clapping:

-flylow

Texas Dan Mosby

Finally...

Mission complete. License in hand.

Most folks are usually pretty happy when they finally get their license, however, I view the licensing requirement, and process as a whole, to be an affront to every law abiding American citizen.

Yesterday, had I carried a concealed firearm to defend myself or my family, I would have been considered a criminal. Today, all of the sudden, I will only be considered a criminal in "special" locations if I carry a concealed firearm, OR, if I should happen to not have my "license" on me.

Silly...

Meanwhile, the criminal element is out there using firearms to prey on those who abide by the law and lack the tools they need to defend themselves...

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Dan, Congrats on getting it, finally!
League City, TX

Texas Dan Mosby

Teamless wrote:Dan, Congrats on getting it, finally!

Thank you sir, and I thank all my fellow citizens for their support.

My sincere hope is that we NEVER have the need to use our arms in defense our lives, and the lives of those we love...

cnovel

Post by cnovel »

Looks as though I am alone in this page now !! Mailed 4/29,,last communication was they were looking for non-disqualifying info,,that does not make sense,,but it is what it is,,I never got a letter asking for additional info,,I think I had everything from the courthouse included,,prints and all that has been long done,,reviewed for over two months,,no felonies,,

I spend alot of time on the highway so , since the car issue has been corrected that is 90% of my concern (over 10 years ago, arrested coming from range , 1/2 mile from home,for carrying prohibited weopon,,5000 bucks it was dismissed,I had a range receipt,but they kept two pistols,,I do work in Laredo alot and was hoping to have it by now ,as the crap seems to be getting worse in the area,,,A trooper friend in Laredo told me to get one after getting stopped by one of his buddies,,his words,,"We need more good citezens carrying because we can not be everywhere ",,kinda funny,,when I was stopped he asked if I had any weopons,,I said yes,,He says,Rifle ? Shotgun ? Pistol ? I say yes,,all of the above,,asked if they were loaded,I say I know the rifle and shotgun are,I think the pistol is not,in case under the back seat,he gets it,,runs the numbers (normal these days,no problem) gives it back,,mentions,,no it was not loaded,,asked if I had ammo for it,,if not there was an Acadamy off Loop 20 !!!! nice guy,,we had a laugh and on my way,,

Over and Out

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND GOD BLESS AMERICA

Are there stats for people denied anywhere ? just curious,,as in if they had felonies,,mental issues, etc.

flylow

Post by flylow »

cnovel wrote:Looks as though I am alone in this page now !!
I'm still with you. Can't give up on my April brothers. Let us know when there's any decision.

-flylow

ETA - I'd be willing to bet Teamless is still checking in, to. :thumbs2:

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

flylow wrote:ETA - I'd be willing to bet Teamless is still checking in, to.
How did you know :)
League City, TX

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”