31 in a 20 (school zone)

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Alric
Posts in topic: 2

31 in a 20 (school zone)

Post by Alric »

Was "speeding" on the way to class today, in lovely Keene. This school zone is about 30 feet long and directly off a highway. Saw the LEO, slowed down, but he pulled out and turned on the lights.

Got pulled over, showed the CHL and license, he thanked me for showing that to him, asked if I was carrying and where it was, then went back to his car.

And then I got a ticket :sad: I'd still count it as a positive, professional encounter.

On another note, can I do defensive driving or deferred judification for this?
Last edited by Alric on Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHL Timeline:
Application sent - 8/21
PIN marked sent by DPS - 9/27
PIN Received - 9/30
Plasic in Hand - 10/10

Armed and peaceful!

propellerhead
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 31 in a 20 (school zone)

Post by propellerhead »

Alric wrote:On another note, can I do defensive driving or deferred judification for this?
Yes. Both are on a one year cycle. So you can actually get a ticket once every six months and keep them off your record... until the judge starts remembering your name.

Topic author
Alric
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Alric »

propellerhead wrote:
Alric wrote:On another note, can I do defensive driving or deferred judification for this?
Yes. Both are on a one year cycle. So you can actually get a ticket once every six months and keep them off your record... until the judge starts remembering your name.
Even for being in a school zone? Thats a relief.

Do you still pay the ticket to do those options? I wonder if the ticket will be more expensive for being in a school zone.
CHL Timeline:
Application sent - 8/21
PIN marked sent by DPS - 9/27
PIN Received - 9/30
Plasic in Hand - 10/10

Armed and peaceful!

piro

Post by piro »

Alric wrote:
propellerhead wrote:
I wonder if the ticket will be more expensive for being in a school zone.
I am fairly certain it is.

barres

Post by barres »

Alric wrote:I wonder if the ticket will be more expensive for being in a school zone.
IIRC, fines for tickets in an active school zone are double what they would be if not in a school zone. Generally, you still pay the court costs and a small (relative to the cost of the entire ticket) fee to take defensive driving, and then have to pay for defensive driving, too. The last time I got a ticket, it came out to roughly the same out-of-pocket expense either way, but the defensive driving got me a discount on my auto insurance. The only other ticket I have received, I asked about deferred adjuducation, and it would have cost almost twice what it would have cost to pay for the ticket. I did defensive driving then, too.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”