Weak side carry question.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
fannypacker
Posts in topic: 3

Weak side carry question.

Post by fannypacker »

My wife and I watch "Streets of SF" at 9 PM in Dallas. The young detective is Michael Douglas and he weak side carries a 4 inch revolver. I strong side carry a Smith snubbie in a paddle holster at 4 o'clock. Just curious if anyone on the board carries weak side. I never ever considered it.

Pete92FS
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Weak side carry question.

Post by Pete92FS »

I carry cross-draw 100% when carrying on my waist. Makes it easier to get to while driving or sitting.
CHL since 01/26/09

Topic author
fannypacker

Post by fannypacker »

Interesting. What gun and rig?

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mike1951 »

My main carry is a 642 in a Mika pocket holster. But when driving or sitting, I carry another .38 or .357 in a Tucker Cover Up, worn as a crossdraw.

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/coverupiwb.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But, it can also be worn strong side.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Topic author
fannypacker

Post by fannypacker »

I missed the series in the 70s as too busy. He is an up and comming star. Can't see the gun well enuf to call Smith or Colt. Definately six shot and 4 inch.

Pete92FS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pete92FS »

fannypacker wrote:Interesting. What gun and rig?
99% of the time my Kimber Ultra Carry in an IWB holster bought from The Holster Store. I have carried my full size .45 and my 92FS (when I still had it) that way with no problem.
CHL since 01/26/09

OverEasy

Post by OverEasy »

I will carry my BUG on the weakside. I have a couple of guns that I have a weakside holster for. And that reminds me I need to get a weakside holster for a Glock, now that I have two of them. ;-)
Regards, OE
NRA
TSRA
JPFO
American Legion
USN (69-77)
What did you expect?

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

Weakside, crossdraw. Reasons same as most of the others that carry that way. Easier to get to in car and such. I also carry my spare mags on the left as well. If I have the gun in my right hand, still may have to reload, and ammo should be accesible to weak hand. Haven't had any problems yet, other than the time I got out of the car at the grocery store and my shirt had ridden up over the grip. The guy walking by was bug-eyed.......I wondered what he was gawking at and then it dawned on me. I covered up, smiled, closed the car door and went on in for groceries.... :coolgleamA:

llanite

Post by llanite »

When I carry my CZ P06, I carry in a Galco Jak in cross-draw mode. Very good for car carry and I like the penetration of the .40 when on the road. Tucked right inside my hip bone it is invisible no matter what I do (even stretching), whereas if I carry at 3-6pm on my belt the magazine tends to make a visible lump under my shirt.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”