TLynn's 50th Birthday Present...a new 5.0!!!!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 18

Re: TLynn's 50th Birthday Present...a new 5.0!!!!

Post by TLynnHughes »

danpaw wrote:Don't blame you. Just my opinion anyway. I'm a Chevy person, you're a Ford person. The world is full of both. We like to debate it but I believe if one was really much better than the other it would be more obvious, and JD Power would let us know.
You are exactly right. They really are so close in performance that it comes down to a matter of personal preference as to make and appearance. I won't ever get a chance to match mine up in any big race. I just use to get around the people out there driving with apparently no particular place to be. ;-)

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

TLynnHughes wrote:
danpaw wrote:Don't blame you. Just my opinion anyway. I'm a Chevy person, you're a Ford person. The world is full of both. We like to debate it but I believe if one was really much better than the other it would be more obvious, and JD Power would let us know.
You are exactly right. They really are so close in performance that it comes down to a matter of personal preference as to make and appearance. I won't ever get a chance to match mine up in any big race. I just use to get around the people out there driving with apparently no particular place to be. ;-)

T.
Man, those statements sound familiar. I just changed a couple of words to make them relevant to the forum. :mrgreen:
danpaw wrote:I'm a 1911 person, you're a Glock person. The world is full of both. We like to debate it but I believe if one was really much better than the other it would be more obvious, and the NRA would let us know."
TLynnHughes wrote:You are exactly right. They really are so close in performance that it comes down to a matter of personal preference as to make and appearance.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

Keith B wrote:
TLynnHughes wrote:

T.
Man, those statements sound familiar. I just changed a couple of words to make them relevant to the forum. :mrgreen:
danpaw wrote:I'm a 1911 person, you're a Glock person. The world is full of both. We like to debate it but I believe if one was really much better than the other it would be more obvious, and the NRA would let us know."
TLynnHughes wrote:You are exactly right. They really are so close in performance that it comes down to a matter of personal preference as to make and appearance.
Ok, ok...I'll stop talking about cars now. :lol:

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Purplehood »

Please recall that I traded in my beloved Challenger SRT8 for the GT 5.0. I still think the Challenger is sweet, I just needed a change.
OTH, I cannot stand the looks of the Camaro. I don't understand how anyone can design such an ugly car.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

TLynnHughes wrote: Ok, ok...I'll stop talking about cars now. :lol:

T.
No you won't. ;-)

And that's OK. I just think it is funny how we all have our different likes and love to debate, from guns to cars, to motorcycles,to sports teams, to ..... That is what makes it fun when we all have these nice friendly discussions!! :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

danpaw
Posts in topic: 7

Post by danpaw »

Most of the opinions I've heard about the Camaros looks are opposite of yours. I never really liked them until I saw the 2010s. True what you say about the eye of the beholder. I think Fords are pretty good cars, I just can't stand the way they look, especially Ford trucks.

glbedd53
Posts in topic: 3

Post by glbedd53 »

It looks like a lot of folks agree. The last I heard Camaros are outselling Mustangs.

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 5

Post by PUCKER »

I'd be MORE than happy to have any of the new breed of muscle cars in my garage! :biggrinjester:

Regarding what the magazines have to say - they had professional drivers with a certain set of cars. I can tell you from my past 5.0 drag racing experience that not every driver and/or 5.0/Camaro (etc) will be able to run the "established" numbers, some run better, some run worse. But who keeps one of those cars "stock" anyway? :biggrinjester:

In my amateur-benchracing opinion - it comes down to the driver most of the time unless you are talking about a *huge* performance advantage. If you guys haven't ever made a pass down the local dragstrip then I *highly* encourage it! It will make you a MUCH better driver (well, at least straight-line/wide-open anyway!) and you'll learn/feel more about what your car is doing...and then there's autocross too. It's been years for me though, but I still have the memories, and a few timeslips somewhere!

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

PUCKER wrote:I'd be MORE than happy to have any of the new breed of muscle cars in my garage! :biggrinjester:

Regarding what the magazines have to say - they had professional drivers with a certain set of cars. I can tell you from my past 5.0 drag racing experience that not every driver and/or 5.0/Camaro (etc) will be able to run the "established" numbers, some run better, some run worse. But who keeps one of those cars "stock" anyway? :biggrinjester:

In my amateur-benchracing opinion - it comes down to the driver most of the time unless you are talking about a *huge* performance advantage. If you guys haven't ever made a pass down the local dragstrip then I *highly* encourage it! It will make you a MUCH better driver (well, at least straight-line/wide-open anyway!) and you'll learn/feel more about what your car is doing...and then there's autocross too. It's been years for me though, but I still have the memories, and a few timeslips somewhere!
I completely agree! I haven't had the pleasure of making a pass down the local dragstrip. Maybe one day. ;-) Definitely thinking about some add ons to the new toy, but can't think of what I want first. It already has most everything that one would "normally" start with.

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

TLynn, since today is your "official" birthday, you may now drive your new car. ;-)

Happy Birthday!
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

budroux2w
Posts in topic: 11

Post by budroux2w »

TLynnHughes wrote:I completely agree! I haven't had the pleasure of making a pass down the local dragstrip. Maybe one day. ;-) Definitely thinking about some add ons to the new toy, but can't think of what I want first. It already has most everything that one would "normally" start with.

T.
Gears and a tune.

Real life track report, with a stock car, regular driver shows the car running 12 second 1/4 mile in mid 90 degree temp.

http://www.usamustangs.com/forum/showth ... post171325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Life Member

danpaw
Posts in topic: 7

Post by danpaw »

You're right about the drivers. I think they ought to make them switch. I've gotten too old to enjoy too much horsepower anyway. I have a friend that has a ZR-1 and always wants me to go when he makes a high speed run. I think he thinks if he gets caught the cop will let me take the car home as he heads off to jail. We haven't made it over 200 mph yet because there is always traffic and it comes on you real fast at that speed. We did get to 195 once and that's all I wanted. I'm almost sure I've done that my last time.

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

USA1 wrote:TLynn, since today is your "official" birthday, you may now drive your new car. ;-)

Happy Birthday!
Thanks USA1! I'll "officially" start driving it today. All previous mileage should be considered "unofficial." I wonder if I could get away with a warning on a speeding ticket because it's my birthday!

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

danpaw wrote:You're right about the drivers. I think they ought to make them switch. I've gotten too old to enjoy too much horsepower anyway. I have a friend that has a ZR-1 and always wants me to go when he makes a high speed run. I think he thinks if he gets caught the cop will let me take the car home as he heads off to jail. We haven't made it over 200 mph yet because there is always traffic and it comes on you real fast at that speed. We did get to 195 once and that's all I wanted. I'm almost sure I've done that my last time.
I hear that. The fastest I've ever gone was approximately 165 mph on a motorcycle (extrapolating tachometer to gearing, there is no speedo on a race bike)... ...but that was on a closed course roadracing racetrack, during a sanctioned event, with paramedic ambulances stationed at either end of the track. AND, it was a little over 20 years ago. My back didn't hurt every single day back then. I didn't have to take BP meds or thyroid meds, and I was skinny - which may be hard for those who have met me face to face to believe.
:mrgreen:
That itch has been well and truly scratched. I don't need it anymore.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

I think it's great to get an early birthday present! Kinda like opening a Christmas present on Christmas Eve(if you have the tradition of opening presents on Christmas Day).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TLYNN!! :party: :party:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “Off-Topic”