Interesting stuff in Texas City

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Pinkycatcher
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Interesting stuff in Texas City

Post by Pinkycatcher »

mgood wrote:Yeah, if you're afraid of having a gun in the house (I'll try not to roll my eyes), get a baseball bat (easier to come by than an actual mace, I think, and probably equally effective). Get a dog. Get an alarm. Do SOMETHING besides just hoping it doesn't happen again.

I believe it's d6, or d6+1. I was really trying to pretend I didn't know what you were talking about, but I can't help myself. :lol:
actually a light mace would be 1d6 + str modifier, a heavy mace would be 1d8 + str of course. (But it doesn't matter I keep my +4 Vorpal Scimitar by my bed, so I'm never without)

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

lowonair wrote:am i the only person i know that didn't play D&D?

Took me a while to think I fgiggured it out.
If D&D is Dungeons & Dragons I did not play.

If it is something else I did not play that either probably.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

[quote="mgood"
I'll admit it, I played D&D and AD&D with paper and dice before anyone thought about doing RPGs on a computer.[/quote]

AD&D Isn't there a prescription available for that?

:biggrinjester:

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sjfcontrol »

wheelgun1958 wrote:[quote="mgood"
I'll admit it, I played D&D and AD&D with paper and dice before anyone thought about doing RPGs on a computer.

:biggrinjester:[/quote]

It's an insurance policy -- "Accidental Death and Dismemberment".
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

sjfcontrol wrote:
wheelgun1958 wrote:[quote="mgood"
I'll admit it, I played D&D and AD&D with paper and dice before anyone thought about doing RPGs on a computer.

:biggrinjester:
It's an insurance policy -- "Accidental Death and Dismemberment".
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

jester

Post by jester »

If you sent Mace Windu to investigate, he could neutralize most intruders.
"There is but one correct answer...and it is best delivered with a Winchester rifle."

seniorshooteress

Post by seniorshooteress »

I never played D&D either, I would like to know what area of Texas City the OP lives in. They need to get something other than try to beat robbers with a shoe. Hope they will close the windows and turn off the lights now too.
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

sgerry

Post by sgerry »

(my weapon of choice by the way was a leather wedge shoe and I’m fairly certain at this point that wasn’t going to do much good….my sister said I should have at least gone for the stiletto! LOL).

Sorry it happened, and i'm glad you are safe!

This cracked me up....i love self humor...... :lol:

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

davidtx wrote:
dubya wrote:It's a good reminder. People should also know not to leave garage door remotes in cars parked outside at home or away. If a car is broken into and they find an opener and an address you know where they may be going.

Glad the letter writer was looking for a mace. Can you imagine the whacking a burglar would have received as they slithered through the dog door? :shock: I may have to add one to my toys. I have a couple Monadnock batons by doors but no mace (yet). :mrgreen:
Off topic: The name Monadnock caught my eye. I used to live near Mt. Monadnock in southern NH. A little google-fu and sure enough, the company was founded in Fitzwilliam, NH just around the corner from my old stomping grounds. Wikipedia says the name is believed to come from Abenaki and mean either "smooth mountain" or "isolated mountain". I always heard it as "one who stands alone". The mountain (3,200 ft) is a great afternoon hike - on a clear day, you can see 5 New England states. Now I know that its also tied to batons...
A little farther off topic, I believe you're referring to Pack Monadnock, which I have hiked a couple of times. My family, with the exception of three children, was wiped out by the Abnaqi not far from there in Groton MA, July 27, 1694.

?What's this D6 or D8 stuff?
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

chartreuse

Post by chartreuse »

Pinkycatcher wrote:
mgood wrote:Yeah, if you're afraid of having a gun in the house (I'll try not to roll my eyes), get a baseball bat (easier to come by than an actual mace, I think, and probably equally effective). Get a dog. Get an alarm. Do SOMETHING besides just hoping it doesn't happen again.

I believe it's d6, or d6+1. I was really trying to pretend I didn't know what you were talking about, but I can't help myself. :lol:
actually a light mace would be 1d6 + str modifier, a heavy mace would be 1d8 + str of course. (But it doesn't matter I keep my +4 Vorpal Scimitar by my bed, so I'm never without)
:lol: Enough garlic in your supper gives you a very effective 2d6 breath weapon (+3 for vampires).

davidtx

Post by davidtx »

jimlongley wrote:
davidtx wrote:
dubya wrote:It's a good reminder. People should also know not to leave garage door remotes in cars parked outside at home or away. If a car is broken into and they find an opener and an address you know where they may be going.

Glad the letter writer was looking for a mace. Can you imagine the whacking a burglar would have received as they slithered through the dog door? :shock: I may have to add one to my toys. I have a couple Monadnock batons by doors but no mace (yet). :mrgreen:
Off topic: The name Monadnock caught my eye. I used to live near Mt. Monadnock in southern NH. A little google-fu and sure enough, the company was founded in Fitzwilliam, NH just around the corner from my old stomping grounds. Wikipedia says the name is believed to come from Abenaki and mean either "smooth mountain" or "isolated mountain". I always heard it as "one who stands alone". The mountain (3,200 ft) is a great afternoon hike - on a clear day, you can see 5 New England states. Now I know that its also tied to batons...
A little farther off topic, I believe you're referring to Pack Monadnock, which I have hiked a couple of times. My family, with the exception of three children, was wiped out by the Abnaqi not far from there in Groton MA, July 27, 1694.

?What's this D6 or D8 stuff?
Yes - Pack Monadnock.

Return to “Never Again!!”