TLynn's 50th Birthday Present...a new 5.0!!!!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Rex B
Posts in topic: 3

Re: TLynn's 50th Birthday Present...a new 5.0!!!!

Post by Rex B »

C-dub wrote:
Rex B wrote:
C-dub wrote: I've been thinking about the Camaro SS, but recently read that they are bringing back the Z28 sometime late next year.
http://2011camaroz28.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If they do, can the Boss 302 be far behind?
I might have to add onto the garage if so.

Someone mentioned getting on the track. that's actually not that hard to do. NASA, Drivers Edge and other groups have track day events that allow street cars, with a coach/instructor. Most would probably be willing to host a "TXCHL group". Typically about $350/weekend not counting tire wear, BYO helmet.
I wouldn't mind stretching the legs on the Shelby if anyone else is game.
I've thought about this. I would love to bring my Busa, but just can't handle the possibility of dumping it at 100+. While a car may just slide off the track, I wouldn't have that luxury.
I haven't seen any of them mix cars and bikes. All I've seen are cars only, but I know thee are similar events for bikes.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Purplehood »

williamkevin wrote:
Purplehood wrote:Don't get me started. Ever since Road & Track (or was it Car & Driver) did their Pony Car comparison I have been royally teed off.

They compared the following:

Camaro SS
Mustang GT
Challenger R/T

A real comparison would have been:

Camaro SS
Shelby Mustang
Challenger SRT

Nevertheless, the GT is a fine car. If I weren't a Mopar kind-of-guy I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.
You mean this one from MotorTrend.............?
[youtube][/youtube]

As you can see...it WAS the SRT 8 they compared it to.
Nope. I have never seen that one. I will now.

EDIT: I just watched it. Now that was a comparison. It almost made me want the new GT. Almost.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

zeke80
Posts in topic: 1

Post by zeke80 »

I'm so jealous it's ridiculous. I had a Trans Am WS6 Ram Air and sold it recently and ever since I heard the 5.0 was coming out with a vengeance, I've wanted one. Congrats on a sweet ride.
CHL Class 4/11/10
Plastic 6/16/10
Springfield XD(m) 9mm
Crossbreed Supertuck

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

I should have never read this thread. It's like that Carrie Underwood song, "What have I done?".

Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Topic author
williamkevin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by williamkevin »

Purplehood wrote:I should have never read this thread. It's like that Carrie Underwood song, "What have I done?".

Ah...another convert! Enjoy your new pony. It is worth it!
Last edited by williamkevin on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

Rex B wrote:
C-dub wrote:
Rex B wrote:
C-dub wrote: I've been thinking about the Camaro SS, but recently read that they are bringing back the Z28 sometime late next year.
http://2011camaroz28.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If they do, can the Boss 302 be far behind?
I might have to add onto the garage if so.

Someone mentioned getting on the track. that's actually not that hard to do. NASA, Drivers Edge and other groups have track day events that allow street cars, with a coach/instructor. Most would probably be willing to host a "TXCHL group". Typically about $350/weekend not counting tire wear, BYO helmet.
I wouldn't mind stretching the legs on the Shelby if anyone else is game.
I've thought about this. I would love to bring my Busa, but just can't handle the possibility of dumping it at 100+. While a car may just slide off the track, I wouldn't have that luxury.
I haven't seen any of them mix cars and bikes. All I've seen are cars only, but I know thee are similar events for bikes.
I didn't think they would let cars and bikes on the track at the same time. I was just talking in general. Other than my bike, my fastest or quickest vehicle is my Titan.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

Purplehood wrote:I should have never read this thread. It's like that Carrie Underwood song, "What have I done?".

This forum is a bad influence on everyone.... All this discussion about awesome guns, fast cars, cool motocycles..... Gotta love it!! :mrgreen:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 18

Post by TLynnHughes »

BEE-U-TEE-FUL!! Congrats! We need a "range" report. :biggrinjester:

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

TLynnHughes wrote:

BEE-U-TEE-FUL!! Congrats! We need a "range" report. :biggrinjester:

T.
Very nimble. Drives like my BMW Z4, so it feels very light and agile. I like the ambient lighting on the dash at night. Not used to the automatic transmission so I notice the lag when I stomp on it. I traded my Challenger SRT8 in for it, which had the Viper manual tranny in it, so I was spoiled with the instant response when gunning it.
I like the sound of the exhaust. Some nice features like the back-up camera that shows up in the rear view mirror make up for the lack of some amenities that were in the Dodge.
Better gas mileage and it doesn't run on premium. Overall I am happy. Might start doing mods to it, I don't know yet.
I don't regret it and understand why you enjoy yours so much.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

Purplehood wrote:
Very nimble. Drives like my BMW Z4, so it feels very light and agile. I like the ambient lighting on the dash at night. Not used to the automatic transmission so I notice the lag when I stomp on it. I traded my Challenger SRT8 in for it, which had the Viper manual tranny in it, so I was spoiled with the instant response when gunning it.
I like the sound of the exhaust. Some nice features like the back-up camera that shows up in the rear view mirror make up for the lack of some amenities that were in the Dodge.
Better gas mileage and it doesn't run on premium. Overall I am happy. Might start doing mods to it, I don't know yet.
Holy Cow! You traded in your Challenger SRT8 for it? They're going to make you turn in your MOPAR Lifetime Membership card for that one, I think. But...

I think you made the right choice. ;-)

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

USA1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by USA1 »

TLynnHughes wrote:
Purplehood wrote:
Holy Cow! You traded in your Challenger SRT8 for it? They're going to make you turn in your MOPAR Lifetime Membership card for that one, I think. But...

I think you made the right choice. ;-)

T.
TLynn, you are a trendsetter. Soon all parking lots will look like this...

Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

TLynnHughes wrote:
Purplehood wrote:

I think you made the right choice. ;-) T.
That is for sure. I sold my Charger SRT8 on tuesday outright.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

danpaw
Posts in topic: 7

Post by danpaw »

Better enjoy it while you can . Next years Camaro is already planned for a Z-06 motor. Don't try to take on the new 4 door Cadillac CTS-V grandma car either. 0-60 in 3.9
Last edited by danpaw on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

USA1 wrote:

TLynn, you are a trendsetter. Soon all parking lots will look like this...

I'm quite certain that's the very first time I've been called that. :lol: You are too funny!

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 5

Post by PUCKER »

Very nice!!! :tiphat:

I've been a die-hard Ford fan for pretty much my whole life. I had a '89 Mustang GT 5.0 that eventually turned into a drag car, I started a local Mustang club years ago. My wife has had two Mustangs (a '00 plain jane and then an '03 GT convertible - that was FUN!). Currently Mustang-less (she and I, I drive a Jeep). She traded the Stang in on a CTS Caddy (NO, not the V!). Then she got a an '08 Pontiac G8 GT (she only wanted the v6 version, but SHUCKS, all they had was the GT, you know the 362 HP or so 6.0 V8...hehehe :biggrinjester: ). It's a sleeper/screamer of a sedan that leaves people scratching their heads! Then the new Camaro came out, with the 426 HP 6.2 V8...and I saw the preview of the convertible...so now I'm drooling over that....and THEN Ford comes out with the 5.0....sheeeeeeeesh, take it easy on me....I don't have enough $$$$ or enough garage space for all these toys (that I want but don't have)....and then I'm starting to get motorcycle fever again....LOL....but I have two boats too many right now...LOL

Return to “Off-Topic”