TLynn's 50th Birthday Present...a new 5.0!!!!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Re: TLynn's 50th Birthday Present...a new 5.0!!!!

Post by Keith B »

Happy Birthday and congrats TLynn!! Just remember, when the police stop you for speeding or smoking your tires in that new hot rod, you must show your CHL if carrying. :lol:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
williamkevin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by williamkevin »

Thanks all....she sure LOVES it!
budroux2w wrote:Very nice! I've been pondering getting the 5.0 to have next to my wife's 03 GT... what is the exhaust tone like on it?
A little quieter at idle than my 06 GT, but no less "growley" or menacing sounding. It's actually very soothing to listen to at idle, but definitely will get your attention when you step on it. No need for an exhaust upgrade on this one. The 3.73 rear end gearing just launches this car off the line, but hitting second gear is an experience one cannot put into words. It startled me the first time we got on it. The front end lifted up a bit and I swear to you that it felt just like the pony "reared-up" on her hind legs!!

budroux2w
Posts in topic: 11

Post by budroux2w »

williamkevin wrote: A little quieter at idle than my 06 GT, but no less "growley" or menacing sounding. It's actually very soothing to listen to at idle, but definitely will get your attention when you step on it. No need for an exhaust upgrade on this one. The 3.73 rear end gearing just launches this car off the line, but hitting second gear is an experience one cannot put into words. It startled me the first time we got on it. The front end lifted up a bit and I swear to you that it felt just like the pony "reared-up" on her hind legs!!
Making me jealous now! :biggrinjester:
NRA Life Member

Lumberjack98
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Nice. Congrats on the milestone and getting a "genuine" 5.0.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 18

Post by TLynnHughes »

Thanks for all the birthday well wishes and congrats!! Sorry it took me so long to reply, but it's been difficult for williamkevin to pry my fingers off the steering wheel of that new pony. :woohoo

The 2011 5.0 Mustang is AMAZING!!! It will definitely lay your head back against the headrest. And the Brembo brake package is nothing to sneeze at either. Gotta have good stopping power when you're moving that fast.

I'm a lucky, lucky woman!!! :smile: It's gonna be a great birthday!

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

RiverRat

Post by RiverRat »

Congrats. I first read the "5.0" and immediately thought 1911. Remember to be nice to us ole pickup drivers :mrgreen: .

Where is the purple?
Life member NRA and TSRA

TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 18

Post by TLynnHughes »

RiverRat wrote: Where is the purple?
Funny you should mention that. One of the first things I did was to change the lights on the gauges and ambient lighting to purple. Gotta personalize it!

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

Zoomie

Post by Zoomie »

It was almost a fair fight between the 2010 Mustang and Camero, but judging from the stats, not any more.
"Speed is fine accuracy is final."
-Wyatt Earp

"Great danger lies in the notion we can reason with evil."
-Winston Churchill

And the wind shall say 'Here were decent godless people'. Their only monument the asphalt road and a thousand lost golf balls.
-T.S Elliot

cajunautoxer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cajunautoxer »

I'd love to take on onto a road course and really see how they do

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Purplehood »

Don't get me started. Ever since Road & Track (or was it Car & Driver) did their Pony Car comparison I have been royally teed off.

They compared the following:

Camaro SS
Mustang GT
Challenger R/T

A real comparison would have been:

Camaro SS
Shelby Mustang
Challenger SRT

Nevertheless, the GT is a fine car. If I weren't a Mopar kind-of-guy I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Rex B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Rex B »

Nice ride! :cheers2:

Mustang guy from way back, now on my 6th
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Topic author
williamkevin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by williamkevin »

Purplehood wrote:Don't get me started. Ever since Road & Track (or was it Car & Driver) did their Pony Car comparison I have been royally teed off.

They compared the following:

Camaro SS
Mustang GT
Challenger R/T

A real comparison would have been:

Camaro SS
Shelby Mustang
Challenger SRT

Nevertheless, the GT is a fine car. If I weren't a Mopar kind-of-guy I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.
You mean this one from MotorTrend.............?
[youtube][/youtube]

As you can see...it WAS the SRT 8 they compared it to.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

lowonair wrote:thats pretty sweet. i'm a diehard chevy guy but i'd rather have that than the new camaro :evil2:
Bite your tongue. I've been thinking about the Camaro SS, but recently read that they are bringing back the Z28 sometime late next year. As the guy in the video said, the Mustang wins this challenge unless someone adds some horsepower or something. It will be a few $$$ more, but whoa!

http://2011camaroz28.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

C-dub wrote: I've been thinking about the Camaro SS, but recently read that they are bringing back the Z28 sometime late next year.
If they do, can the Boss 302 be far behind?
I might have to add onto the garage if so.

Someone mentioned getting on the track. that's actually not that hard to do. NASA, Drivers Edge and other groups have track day events that allow street cars, with a coach/instructor. Most would probably be willing to host a "TXCHL group". Typically about $350/weekend not counting tire wear, BYO helmet.
I wouldn't mind stretching the legs on the Shelby if anyone else is game.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Rex B wrote:
C-dub wrote: I've been thinking about the Camaro SS, but recently read that they are bringing back the Z28 sometime late next year.
If they do, can the Boss 302 be far behind?
I might have to add onto the garage if so.

Someone mentioned getting on the track. that's actually not that hard to do. NASA, Drivers Edge and other groups have track day events that allow street cars, with a coach/instructor. Most would probably be willing to host a "TXCHL group". Typically about $350/weekend not counting tire wear, BYO helmet.
I wouldn't mind stretching the legs on the Shelby if anyone else is game.
I've thought about this. I would love to bring my Busa, but just can't handle the possibility of dumping it at 100+. While a car may just slide off the track, I wouldn't have that luxury.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”