Dedicated vehicle gun?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Weg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dedicated vehicle gun?

Post by Weg »

i always have pt140 on me, and sometimes leave it in my console vault. I have always kept a .30 Carbine under the back seat with 4 - 15 rounders. I leave trigger lock (combo type) on it all the time, it's a beater but shoots good, in 20 years, it has never been stolen,

rbftfire
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rbftfire »

I would probably keep a gun in my car all of the time if I had a quick access gun vault. I have never invested the money. I also have the obstacle of owning a small car with very few places to keep a gun vault/safe.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Yes, and no..

I live out of town,,,, being burglarized at my home is a very remote possibility (about like being hit by lightening twice in one year) I have a gun (and a rifle, with the option of a shotgun) that is dedicated to vehicle carry... they are concealed, locked, and unless you know to look for them,,, your not going to see them, even in a search. They are not for immediate defense use,, thats why I CC. These are back up guns...

I also have a "not in plain view" location for my CC weapon in each vehicle.. but these are not secure, just storage with immediate access if needed. If I have to disarm, I have a gun vault in each vehicle for that.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

jester

Post by jester »

glbedd53 wrote:My truck stays locked in the garage at night. If not I probably wouldn't leave it in there.
Don't get too comfortable.

[youtube][/youtube]

It's a low probability of happening but it's worth knowing about.
"There is but one correct answer...and it is best delivered with a Winchester rifle."

USA1

Post by USA1 »

jester wrote:
glbedd53 wrote:My truck stays locked in the garage at night. If not I probably wouldn't leave it in there.
Don't get too comfortable.

[youtube][/youtube]

It's a low probability of happening but it's worth knowing about.
Here's a fix for that.. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

glbedd53
Posts in topic: 3

Post by glbedd53 »

No windows in my garage door and that's just one reason there's not. Looks like it would be more difficult if he were blind. I don't have that flimsy vinyl siding either. I realize I'm still somewhat vulnerable there, that's why I don't leave one of my good handguns in the truck.

Topic author
slinco

Post by slinco »

bronco78 wrote:Yes, and no..

I live out of town,,,, being burglarized at my home is a very remote possibility (about like being hit by lightening twice in one year) I have a gun (and a rifle, with the option of a shotgun) that is dedicated to vehicle carry... they are concealed, locked, and unless you know to look for them,,, your not going to see them, even in a search. They are not for immediate defense use,, thats why I CC. These are back up guns...

I also have a "not in plain view" location for my CC weapon in each vehicle.. but these are not secure, just storage with immediate access if needed. If I have to disarm, I have a gun vault in each vehicle for that.
I too live in a very rural area, there is just no one around here, except for a couple neighbors who are always home.
I took my 27 out of the console yesterday afternoon and man was it hot! I coulda cooked an egg on the slide. I think the best thing to do, for several reasons, is to just bring it in the house whenever I get home. I did get the holster mounted in the console, its Kydex so we'll see how it holds up in the heat.
Now I'm off to do the garage door fix.
PETULANT MISANTHROPE
Why do they call it Tourist Season if ya can't shoot 'em?

SenileDavid

Post by SenileDavid »

Personally, I find it redundant if one is already concealed carrying one (or + BUG). ;-)
"Someday someone may kill you with your own gun but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

I don't keep one in the vehicle unless I have to, but will take a rifle (as a truck gun) if I'm hitting the lease or the Rio Grande Valley. Too much risk in not having one...
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

doc540

Post by doc540 »

dedicated G27

$20 mount

http://www.train2shoot.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Lifetime Member
NRA Instructor
"Shooting more, typing less"

Cobra Medic

Post by Cobra Medic »

slinco wrote:Does anyone have a dedicated car/truck gun. Something you leave in the vehicle all the time?
I have been considering mounting my extra Glock holster in my covered console and just leaving my 27 in it. Any thoughts?
I keep a RomAK in the trunk 24x7 in case I need more firepower.
This will only hurt a little. What comes next, more so.

rdcrags

Post by rdcrags »

I have started placing a 2nd gun (9mm) in the door pocket, loosely covered with a rag, because it is much easier to grab than the J-frame (38) in my front pocket. That means that when I park it somewhere, it is there to steal. I just don't worry about it. I usually bring it back in the house, not because someone may break into the garage, but because I may want to use it in the house. I have a third one in the nightstand, though (357). All stay chamber loaded.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”