May 2010 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

creekwilly
Posts in topic: 11

Re: May 2010 Applications

Post by creekwilly »

well thanks for all the info. ill just wait it cant be no longer than 180 day from what i have read in the book

TxDrawl
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TxDrawl »

Been lurking since Feb. Here's my may chl status:
5/22: class taken
5/24: mailed certified
5/27: recieved by DPS
6/11: online status: finger prints/background check under review
6/23: finger prints complete
6/24: background check complete/ manufacture pending

Have enjoyed and found the forum very informative! :txflag:

alpmc
Posts in topic: 18

Post by alpmc »

creekwilly wrote:well thanks for all the info. ill just wait it cant be no longer than 180 day from what i have read in the book
I don't know what to say........hang in there! Something should happen soon......a status change or a letter....something!
TxDrawl wrote:Been lurking since Feb. Have enjoyed and found the forum very informative! :txflag:
Hi and Welcome! Glad you decided to join in! Looks like your plastic will be on it's way soon! Mine only took 2 days in the manufacturing pending stage and then 3 days after mailed status.

llanite
Posts in topic: 10

Post by llanite »

34 days and I'm manufacturing pending. Can't wait to join polite society ;-)

15-May-2010 - Class taken.
21-May-2010 - Online application and fee completed. Packet mailed with signature service requested.
23-May-2010 - Postal service indicates package received and signed for.
07-June-2010 - Online application indicates updated but waiting for supporting information to be mailed.
License Status: Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page.

15-June-2010
* Application : Received
* Fingerprints : Under review
* Affidavits : Received
* DL or ID : Valid
* Citizenship : No documentation required
* Passport photo holder : Received
* Photo : Received
* Proof of Classroom training : Received
* Proof of Proficiency training : Received
* Fee : Received
* Background Check : Under review
* Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

Exactly 10 working days to acknowledge the online form.
24 days to process the forms and update the web page.

23-June-2010
Fingerprint processing complete and accepted!
32 days total to get to this point!

25-June-2010
Background check completed!
Manufacturing Pending....
34 days total

Rvrrat14

Post by Rvrrat14 »

TxDrawl wrote:Been lurking since Feb. Here's my may chl status:
5/22: class taken
5/24: mailed certified
5/27: recieved by DPS
6/11: online status: finger prints/background check under review
6/23: finger prints complete
6/24: background check complete/ manufacture pending

Have enjoyed and found the forum very informative! :txflag:
I'm thnking mine is hung up with the county sheriff's office. I've been stuck on review too too long in relations to others here.

llanite
Posts in topic: 10

Post by llanite »

[quote="Rvrrat14I'm thnking mine is hung up with the county sheriff's office. I've been stuck on review too too long in relations to others here.[/quote]

It looks like you're only 3 working days behind me - my background check just flipped today. That's not too far off the norm for late May applicants. Waiting for these status changes is like the night before Christmas over and over and over...

Teamless
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Teamless »

My wifes status has been updated to "Concealed Handgun License : Manufacturing Pending "
Her stats
Applied online May 25 or 26
FAST on May 28
Documents mailed (without certification) on June 1
Finally showed online June 23
so in 2 days it showed up online and went to Manufacturing Pending
How long till she gets her license is the question.
If I had to guess, based on other peoples comments and my own experience, another 10 days for the plastic but with a holiday in there, who knows.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Clutch

Post by Clutch »

I'm thinking mine is hung up with the county sheriff's office. I've been stuck on review too too long in relations to others here.
I'm with you! RvrRat! My photos were unacceptable on June 1 I mailed them on June 15, 2 days later my photos were accepted and I am still waiting on background check! Someone said it's like Christmas Eve over and over again... Did you see the movie Ground Hog Day?! :cryin :waiting:

21/Dec/09 Package Submitted to DPS
23/Dec/09 Received Pin
8/May Course taken
10/May Application mailed
12/May Package rec'd by DPS
13/May In the freakin' waiting room...
26/May WOO HOO! I'm officially waiting on my reviews!
1/Jun ...err, uhh, I gotta resubmit photos... bummer
15/Jun New photos mailed
17/Jun New photos received and acknowledged on web
25/Jun Still in the freakin' waitin' room...
Life's tough... It's even tougher when your STUPID! -- John Wayne

alpmc

Post by alpmc »

Clutch - We both submitted on the same day and had similar problems........I just don't understand how they're still "hung up" on your background check! I suspect that you've called and not found out anything, right?

Clutch

Post by Clutch »

Clutch - We both submitted on the same day and had similar problems........I just don't understand how they're still "hung up" on your background check! I suspect that you've called and not found out anything, right?
I haven't called. I have read enough posts here that say Rene just gives you the standard, "it's in process" answer that is available on the web. Think I should call and

find out what the hold up is? Think they'll have any further information? I'm ready to call my reps, but trying to be patient. I have lived in 3 places over the past 5

years, but all in the same county. The only other thing I could think of is that I have not paid my federal taxes for last year. I haven't read anywhere that delinquent

federal income taxes would disqualify or hold you up?? I did file an extension and my CPA says I'm good. Anybody know anything about that!???

TxDrawl

Post by TxDrawl »

alpmc wrote:Hi and Welcome! Glad you decided to join in! Looks like your plastic will be on it's way soon! Mine only took 2 days in the manufacturing pending stage and then 3 days after mailed status.
Thanks for the warm welcome! Just checked my status which has now changed to mailed. So 2 days in the manufacturing pending stage for me as well. Looks like I sailed through without any hangups(thank goodness!).

alpmc

Post by alpmc »

Clutch wrote:Think I should call and find out what the hold up is?
No. This is a waste of time!
Clutch wrote:The only other thing I could think of is that I have not paid my federal taxes for last year. I haven't read anywhere that delinquent federal income taxes would disqualify or hold you up?? I did file an extension and my CPA says I'm good. Anybody know anything about that!???
Look under GC §411.172 Eligability section 11. Not sure how the extension would affect this.......but this may be your hold up. Good luck........I'm pulling for ya!

koolaid
Posts in topic: 4

Post by koolaid »

Well after waiting forever for the online status to update, my wife's status said the application was incomplete and was being sent back. We finally got it in back in the mail yesterday and it looks like she missed a ZIP code on one of her former employers.

I understand that they need a complete application, I really do. It seems ridiculous, though, that in the age of Google maps and USPS ZIP code lookups that they spend the time and money to send back and hold up an entire application for something they could look up in ten seconds on any computer. The rest of the address was there. Or I don't know, updating the online status and asking for a phone call or email with the information?

Back to the mailbox it goes.
01/02/2010 - Plastic

Clutch

Post by Clutch »

Look under GC §411.172 Eligability section 11.
(11) has not been finally determined to be delinquent in the payment of a tax or other money collected by the comptroller, the tax collector of a political subdivision of the state, or any agency or subdivision of the state;
This allows for state taxes collected by the comptroller, not federal taxes. Since Texas doesn't have state taxes and I have not been found "finally determined to be delinquent", it shouldn't have bearing...

Am I reading this right?

LarryH

Post by LarryH »

Clutch wrote:
Look under GC §411.172 Eligability section 11.
(11) has not been finally determined to be delinquent in the payment of a tax or other money collected by the comptroller, the tax collector of a political subdivision of the state, or any agency or subdivision of the state;
This allows for state taxes collected by the comptroller, not federal taxes. Since Texas doesn't have state taxes and I have not been found "finally determined to be delinquent", it shouldn't have bearing...

Am I reading this right?
Yes. IMHO

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”