How full do you load your weapons?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Re: How full do you load your weapons?

Post by Beiruty »

What gun? Ah! are guns allowed in this country? Common guys you are smarter than that, no? Good guys and Bad guys only fight and get killed on the tube.
BTW, what is a bullet?

:woohoo
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Zoomie
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Zoomie »

I only have a gallon of gas in my car at any time, its lighter that way (and consequently more fuel efficient) ;-)
"Speed is fine accuracy is final."
-Wyatt Earp

"Great danger lies in the notion we can reason with evil."
-Winston Churchill

And the wind shall say 'Here were decent godless people'. Their only monument the asphalt road and a thousand lost golf balls.
-T.S Elliot

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oldgringo »

{SIGH} :roll: , I guess this query somehow starts to answer an earlier question....?

Sidro

Post by Sidro »

I have a picture of my Bug on my work phone, if that doesn't work i have a picture of my 1911 on my personal phone. Always got to have a backup. Both fully loaded of course.

seniorshooteress

Post by seniorshooteress »

Wow! I get more enlightened on this forum every day. And here I was so concerned that 7 or 8 wouldn't do the trick, I carry 2 spare mags w/ 7 each. Carrying around all that extra weight for naught. Won't have to stay on my weight loss diet for losing the extra 1/4 lb after all. Just don't load up my gun and I am there. Surely the OP was kidding? :headscratch :???:
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

5thGenTexan

Post by 5thGenTexan »

seniorshooteress wrote:Wow! I get more enlightened on this forum every day. And here I was so concerned that 7 or 8 wouldn't do the trick, I carry 2 spare mags w/ 7 each. Carrying around all that extra weight for naught. Won't have to stay on my weight loss diet for losing the extra 1/4 lb after all. Just don't load up my gun and I am there. Surely the OP was kidding? :headscratch :???:
We are dealing with a young'n here and an Aggie that obviously killed a few brain cells on Shiner. :cheers2:

Just kidding officer GigAg, after working with a whole mess of Ags over the years I have lots of practice ribbing y'all.
5th Generation Texan
"Republicrats and Demicans, it ain't no surprise,
Got their hands full of gimme, they got their mouths full of lies."

Manfred
Banned

Post by Manfred »

Hmmm...

Thats about what I would expect from an Aggie. I'm guessing this is some kind of joke...so I'll play along.

...Yea...why carry more than 3 because more than three would be to expensive, just think you could put the money you saved into your 401K, or you could give it to Jesus, after all we know he will protect you once you have missed with your 3 rounds and wizzed in your pants. :evil2:

seniorshooteress

Post by seniorshooteress »

Manfred wrote:Hmmm...

Thats about what I would expect from an Aggie. I'm guessing this is some kind of joke...so I'll play along.

...Yea...why carry more than 3 because more than three would be to expensive, just think you could put the money you saved into your 401K, or you could give it to Jesus, after all we know he will protect you once you have missed with your 3 rounds and wizzed in your pants. :evil2:
"rlol"
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

karl

Post by karl »

I've heard that just like in the Wizard of Oz, bad guys melt when water is sprayed on them. My new carry leaks a little bit, but much lighter and easier to carry than a loaded gun. Who'da thunk?

Plus it can be easily Mexican carried, literally NO holster is required. All the benefits of a revolver in a SA package, very easy trigger. I've got some guys on the inside at Mattel so if you want a good deal, send me a PM.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

CaptWoodrow10

Post by CaptWoodrow10 »

5thGenTexan wrote:
We are dealing with a young'n here and an Aggie that obviously killed a few brain cells on Shiner. :cheers2:

Just kidding officer GigAg, after working with a whole mess of Ags over the years I have lots of practice ribbing y'all.
Ahem!
There are more than a few Ags on this forum, and who doesn't like a good Shiner? ;-)

As for the original question, I only carry the one bullet. With my flintlock, the fight would be over before I could reload. Now what is this "Magazine" and "racking the slide" everyone keeps talking about? :biggrinjester:
Last edited by CaptWoodrow10 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber CDP II

A-R

Post by A-R »

karl wrote:I've heard that just like in the Wizard of Oz, bad guys melt when water is sprayed on them. My new carry leaks a little bit, but much lighter and easier to carry than a loaded gun. Who'da thunk?

Plus it can be easily Mexican carried, literally NO holster is required. All the benefits of a revolver in a SA package, very easy trigger. I've got some guys on the inside at Mattel so if you want a good deal, send me a PM.
is that what you had tucked under your shirt? we all thought you just peed yourself "rlol"

karl

Post by karl »

Laugh all you want, you'd be peeing your pants too if you had to look down the barrel of that bad boy. :shock:
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MadMonkey »

You haven't seen fear until you've pulled one of these on a thug:

Pros: It's scary, and if you paint it black it makes it even scarier. Believe it or not my right hand is banned in Chicago. Also, I'm usually carrying it with me anyway, so it doesn't add weight.

Cons: I can only make that cool slide racking sound once every couple of months, and I have to go to the hospital afterward each time.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

texas1234

Post by texas1234 »

Keep it full. The guy that is trying to kill you didnt worry about how heavy his pistol was going to be this morning.
6th Generation Texan

3dfxMM

Post by 3dfxMM »

MadMonkey, it would be a lot scarier if you tilt it to the side.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”