30.06 Businesses in DFW area?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

XDgal
Posts in topic: 1

Post by XDgal »

Presbytierian Hospital Dallas, Presbytierian Hospital Plano, Medical Center of Plano, Harris Methodist Ft. Worth, Medical Center of Arlington, Medical Center of Lewisville, and Parkland Hospital all are posted with legal 30.06 signs at their front entrances and some, but not all, secondary entrances. Parkland has a magnetometer in the ER entrance. I've seen a few restaurants with signs that say the unlicensed carry of guns is prohibited, but that lets CHL holders off the hook.
XDgal

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

I'm curious. What is the reason that so many hospitals are posting 30.06?

I know the Christus Hospitals are b/c the nuns have an anti-gun stance.

But why the other hospitals?
It seems odd that an entire industry would be so against it.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

snscott

Post by snscott »

I was just at the Lewisville Medical Center today and their (new) front entrance did NOT have a 30.06 sign (and I looked hard). All they had was the generic "State law prohibits firearms" type signage on the front door.

Did they remove their 30.06 when they remodeled?

Post by 5111 »

AVIALL has the 30.06 sign posted on its buildings in North Irving.

v8killerturbo4

Post by v8killerturbo4 »

Baylor in Grapevine has a legal 30.06 sign posted in the ER entrance.
CHL Class- June 2
Mailed App- June 4
Recieved by DPS- June 8
"Processing App" - June 18
Application Completed Aug 14

Xander

Post by Xander »

There's also a site to catalog the 30.06 signs you see, and search for places that may be posted here: http://www.texas3006.com/

Skipper5

Presby -Dallas 30.06 Signage??

Post by Skipper5 »

Recently spent three nights, 4 days at Presby with wife's knee replacement surgery. We entered in and out the main entrance (the valet parking and adjoining parking lot) and NEVER saw any signs whatsoever.

Yall sure about Presby - Walnut Hill & Greenville Ave??

//Please advise//
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

Thunderduck

Post by Thunderduck »

The Taco Cabana at 75 and Campbell has one, but only on one of the entrances.

Larsin

Post by Larsin »

Was just at Baylor Dallas and they have proper 30.06 postings at every entrance I looked at
Last edited by Larsin on Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whohears

Post by whohears »

Electronic Data Systems (EDS) Plano HQ has proper signage.
My Mustang race sim site
Two Slow Mustangs

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Quote: "In 1996, all hospitals and nursing homes were required by DPS to post the 30.06 sign. Most of those signs were never removed."

I respectfully disagree. Maybe a little "history lesson" is in order.

Section 30.06 of Penal Code did not even exist in 1996. Hospitals and nursing home were on the original list of "prohibited locations" via 46.035 (which amended 46.03) in 1995.

Section 30.06 was added by the Legislature in 1997, at the same time that hospitals and nursing homes, amusement parks, churches and public meetings came off the list via amendment to 46.035 - unless they gave "effective notice", either orally or pursuant to verbiage in 30.06.

Don't feel lonesome if this is hard to follow. I understand that even various groups of instructors have not been properly advised of the "amendment to the amendment" in 1997. Methinks maybe some folks :mad: don't want CHLers to know they can carry at certain locations - and/or did not "bother" to present the facts completely. :cry:
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

Venus Pax wrote:I'm curious. What is the reason that so many hospitals are posting 30.06?
because they are absolutely stupid.

Mithras61

Post by Mithras61 »

Venus Pax wrote:I'm curious. What is the reason that so many hospitals are posting 30.06?

I know the Christus Hospitals are b/c the nuns have an anti-gun stance.

But why the other hospitals?
It seems odd that an entire industry would be so against it.
I believe that there are two parts to this:

1) The medical industry's primary exposure to firearms is from the standpoint of dealing with the aftermath. They see all the gunshot wounds and emotional trauma caused by the use of a firearm.

2) They are concerned that the people carrying will become patients in need of medical care requiring the use of medications that can alter the patients' perception of reality, and their willingness to use deadly force while so altered.

RCP

Post by RCP »

Presbyterian Plano is not 30.06 compliant. I should know I work there and use all of the main entrances almost daily. All they have is the ghostbuster sign with the "State Law prohibits carrying a handgun on these premises" sign. I am not about to point out to them that it is non-compliant.

para driver

Post by para driver »

I know of several places with improper signs. They are close, but not perfect.. would they hold up in court? I hope that I personally am not the test case.. I also don't want them to update their signs and become 100% compliant either..

In the early days of CHL, I printed up some little business cards that had on one side 'no guns= no money' (in graphics), and on the back it said something like 'we've noticed your sign prohibiting lawful concealed carry, and we will honor your wishes by shopping someplace else'. Most small merchants exist day to day, so hurting them in their pocket is very effective. Very few place their morals, above their money.

Also, keep in mind that 250,000 CHL holders in Texas are only 1% of the population. It's hard to wield much power, and I wouldn't care to emulate the 'Gay Agenda' by trying to magnify 2% into 20%.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”