Past history coming back

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
biggen
Posts in topic: 2

Past history coming back

Post by biggen »

Howdy first post here hope hate to have it be like this.
So right after i got my dl i was stupid and had my foot in the floor and didnt wear my seat belt much. Shortly after i turned 18 it came back to bite me. Got pulled over and ended up going to jail for warrent form those tickets, and driving while dl was invalid due to an unpaid ticket in OK. All the speeding tickets i got were for less then 25 mpg. Also 3 years back i got pulled over and a ticket for no insurance in my brothers truck, even though i did have insurance because of a screw up i ended up with a court date instead of a dismissal 5 months later.

Basically what I am hoping to find out is if that will now come back to bite me in the rear trying to get my chl with buddy and brother. Im now 25 and have taken care of everything to do with those some time ago. Any information would be greatly appreciated and thank you for your time.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Past history coming back

Post by RPBrown »

It should not affect you as all were class C. As long as all is current. Be sure to list the arrests as well as the dispositions along with a certified copy from the court clerk.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
biggen
Posts in topic: 2

Post by biggen »

Thank you very much, I didnt think the speeding would hurt me and i had already read on the forums that the dwli was problably not going to hurt me but was not sure about the insurance. Greatly appreciate the response and hope to be talkin on here soon.

HuttoAg96

Post by HuttoAg96 »

Won't impact you at all. I got arrested in September '09 for a speeding ticket warrant that I didn't know existed (for the record, the lawyer that messed up that appeal for me ended up giving me a sizable settlement check). The charge was eventually dismissed, but I didn't bother to expunge the arrest from my record. I didn't even report it on the CHL application I filled out in March and my application sailed right on through.
Class taken 3/18/10
Application filed 3/19/10
PIN received 4/2/10
Application Completed - license issued or certificate active - 4/18/10
PLASTIC - 4/21/10

Ruger SR9c
Kholster (in the mail)

sgerry

Post by sgerry »

What REALLY sucks is that you were tickedted for "less than 25 MPG"...frick, im in trouble for the F150.....

I keed, I keed.... :lol:

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

sgerry wrote:What REALLY sucks is that you were tickedted for "less than 25 MPG"...frick, im in trouble for the F150.....

I keed, I keed.... :lol:
That day is coming. :banghead:
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Be prepared for some potential problems. Not sure you will have any, but be prepared. Driving while license invalid was a class B misdemeanor in Texas until a couple years ago (it is now a class C). The exact date of you conviction may make a big difference in your eligibility. You would need to give much more info to determine this and I am not an expert on the qualification process.
Steve Rothstein

Grog

Post by Grog »

Just in case you ever have to submit anything in writing, use spellcheck :mrgreen:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”