Trying to defend myself from the Anti's....

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
robert_de_niro
Posts in topic: 4

Trying to defend myself from the Anti's....

Post by robert_de_niro »

Man oh man what a day. I was posting in another forum today (Playstation) and a discussion about crime in the US and Canada came up. What ensued was a complete disreguard for the facts and some slamming of CHLs. Check it out:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playsta ... ing&page=1

DustinB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DustinB »

When you go to a children's forum you get childish results...

Mithras61
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mithras61 »

mtrend posted "I don't recall where I heard/read this but apparently, there are more family members that die because of guns than robberers... Nice 'protection'..."

This is actually a "statistic" that was generated by the anti-gunners. The way it was obtained was by taking all deaths (regardless of the actual source of death) and then evaluating how many of the households that experienced a death had a gun. Using this statistic is like claiming that my Father-in-Law died of cancer because he kept a .38 revolver in his closet.

If they really want to argue about guns & safety, they should first spend some time evaluating the numbers they use.

BTW, Interpol's numbers are (IIRC) calculated using the same activities as crimes in all countries. Saying their numbers are invalid is like arguing that a 9mm bullet is a different size in Germany than in the US because the US uses S.A.E. as its normal method of measuring things. The reason offered is completely irrelevant to the claim. Just because the U.S.A reports some things as crimes while other countries don't is irrelevant.

Popshot

Post by Popshot »

Dustin B,

Excellent point!
Gun control = hitting where you aim

Topic author
robert_de_niro

Post by robert_de_niro »

DustinB wrote:When you go to a children's forum you get childish results...
Actually, all but one of the guys in that thread are over 21. There are many college students in there that I talk with regularly.

DustinB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DustinB »

Interesting, I guess it falls to uniformed beliefs. It's a shame so many people get false information stuck in their head and are ready to believe it to the death.

Topic author
robert_de_niro

Post by robert_de_niro »

DustinB wrote:Interesting, I guess it falls to uniformed beliefs. It's a shame so many people get false information stuck in their head and are ready to believe it to the death.
It also doesn't help that most of those guys are Canadian :roll:

isa268

Post by isa268 »

man I'm really sad there are people out there that would believe that stuff.

"just give the BG what he wants" to paraphrase one poster...what if what he wants is your life are you going to just lay down and give him that too?? what if he wants your GF or wife or daughter??

second there are between 1 million and 2.5 million DGU (defencive gun uses) in America every year. 90% of the time no shots are even fired as the BG runs off wetting himself.

third while we're throwing out the 2nd amendment why not throw out the 1st amendment don't need that any more. and the 4th that's out dated now. so now Gov. can bust down your door with F/A MP5s and what are you going to do about it roll up in to the fetal position and cry. real good tactic there.

show them:

http://www.a-human-right.com/

and my favorite one:

PS: check my sig. i love that quote.
SW1911SC, SW642, M&P Shield 9mm, Caracal F, SuperNova Tactical, M&P22, SKS, AR15, Tavor, Winchester .22lr.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Glockamolie

Post by Glockamolie »

You might as well argue your point with the Brady Bunch. You gotta watch out, these are people that will vote for Hillary. :shock:
- Brandon

Alric

Post by Alric »

There are so many things wrong with my generation.

They happen to have brought up most of them. Even if they weren't trying to prove my point.
CHL Timeline:
Application sent - 8/21
PIN marked sent by DPS - 9/27
PIN Received - 9/30
Plasic in Hand - 10/10

Armed and peaceful!

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

I'm glad you at least gave them solid reasons.

Some people will never be swayed. When I tried to explain to my step-sister that my new, properly-functioning gun wasn't just going to "go off," she still preferred to remain in the dark.

The idea that she could be in enough danger at any point to possibly need a gun was too much for her to face.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Commander

Post by Commander »

robert_d_niro

Their posts said that if guns were illegal in our country, we'd have a lower crime rate. You might point out that in Washington, DC all firearms are illegal and they have one of the highest crime rates and murder rates in the country. I doubt this will change anyone's opinion, but I'd be interested in their response.
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

The link originates in California. 'Nuff said.

And Phil, didn't you hear, they're just waiting for the criminals to read the paper, find out the guns are illegal, and turn them in. They're hoping for a full reversal of the crime rate by 2045. :roll:

Syntax360

Post by Syntax360 »

Gunfacts.info has one of the best PDF's I've ever seen for defending yourself from anti's. It has mountains of supporting evidence and logical arguements that will tear through anything but blind rejection.

Topic author
robert_de_niro

Post by robert_de_niro »

S&W6946 wrote:robert_d_niro

Their posts said that if guns were illegal in our country, we'd have a lower crime rate. You might point out that in Washington, DC all firearms are illegal and they have one of the highest crime rates and murder rates in the country. I doubt this will change anyone's opinion, but I'd be interested in their response.
I definitely brought up that point and they dismissed it as rubbish.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”