Glock 19 or 26

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
AggieLCP
Posts in topic: 3

Glock 19 or 26

Post by AggieLCP »

Howdy all! Been reading on this forum for a while now but finally got around to registering. What a wealth of knowledge here!

Was wondering if anyone carries a 19 or 26? I currently carry a LCP, either in pocket or IWB, but am looking for something a bit bigger to carry and have become very interested in Glock 19s and 26s. I would probably carry IWB in a MTAC. Just wanted to get some thoughts on these two models. Is the 19 difficult to conceal? BTW, i'm around 6' 170lbs.

Thanks to all,
Aggie

seniorshooteress
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Glock 19 or 26

Post by seniorshooteress »

Hi there glad you decided to join in, we are all full of it here, gun knowledge that is :smilelol5:
I am female 5' 119lb and I carry the glock 26 in the crossbreed supertuck in cold weather cause it is rather buldgy in summer clothing. I carry the LCP during the shorts and tank top weather. Someone else here will have to tell you about the 19 cause I don't have one of those. :shock:
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

seniorshooteress

Post by seniorshooteress »

Welcome to the forum! :thewave
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

Quahog

Post by Quahog »

I often times carry a G26 in a Crossbreed SuperTuck too and it's very comfortable. Great carry rig IMHO.
"America needs God more than God needs America. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." -- Ronald Reagan

NRA - TSRA - PSC - CHL

KahrGuy

Post by KahrGuy »

I originally carried a G26 full time, but in warm climate, carry the LCP full time now... When I lose my weight back, I'll move back to the G26.

The G26 is my absolute favorite. I own a G19 too, but find the G26 much more comfortable & just as accurate (if not, more) - under 15 yards. If I were to buy just 1, it would be the G26. Keep in mind you can always buy G19 mags for the G26, and they have all kinds of extensions for the picking. Me, I'm perfectly comfortable with stock G26 magazines and just keep G19 mags loaded to the rim for home defense!

Having said that, I'm wanting to sell my barely used G19 w/brand new CT Laser (just favor the G26 way too much and don't practice but every 3 months or so with G19 - 50 rounds, then back to vault for 3+ month hibernation). Have several factory mags, plus factory night sights and the Glock Light stored on accessory rail! I'm wanting to unload it and purchase the Kahr PM9 for carry! No need for me to have the G26 AND the G19. Only have it cause that was my 1st Glock! Bought G26 around 3-4 weeks later and never looked back!

If price isn't an issue, I'd consider the Kahr as well - much thinner (I believe) than G26, but you take a pretty good hit on rounds carried. We both should be use to it though having only 6+1 for LCP carry - verse factory G26 being 10+1.

If Glock is your choice, G26 all the way! If you're open to .40 instead of 9mm, I'd also recommend G27.
Last edited by KahrGuy on Mon May 31, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KahrGuy
CHL January 2010

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kevinf2349 »

My wife carries a 19 in her pocket book...obviously with no issues! I have only ever carried it OWB and around the homestead. I do carry a G30 in a super tuck and that hides away quite well and I think the G26 is about the same size. I am 5' 11 and weigh ... well more each passing day but I currently tip the scales about about 180....the G30 just 'disappears' with the super tuck. I am not sure it would hide quite so well with an OWB on me (no shoulders or hips to speak of so every bulge shows). Having said that I am seriously considering getting another CB for the XD9 which is about the same size as the G19. I feel sorry for it staying at home all the time while it's counterparts get to see the world :)

I think I would be tempted to go with the 26 for carry, but the 19 is definately an accurate pistol and great for target shooting, if you can conceal it then .... oh I don't know...get both! lol
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

HankB

Post by HankB »

I often carry a G26 IWB in a CompTac CTAC holster. I like the pistol a lot, and it's very reliable - so far, I haven't been able to make it fail, even with deliberate "limp wristing."

I also have a G19 with night sights. (Sale at Cabela's combined with coupons, gift cards, and Cabela's bucks made it a deal I couldn't pass up.) It feels better in my hand than the baby Glock and so far has been 100% reliable, and yet I shoot the G26 better.

Odd.

In terms of concealment, there's really little to choose with my holster and wardrobe . . . both will conceal under an untucked shirt (tuckable holsters don't work well for me) equally well, but now that central Texas is warming up and we're into T-shirt and short pants weather, I'm usually pocket carrying an S&W 340Sc.
Original CHL: 2000: 56 day turnaround
1st renewal, 2004: 34 days
2nd renewal, 2008: 81 days
3rd renewal, 2013: 12 days

KFP

Post by KFP »

I carry my Glock 30 the vast majority of the time in a CTAC, I will also regularly carry my Glock 19 in a CTAC slide. The 19 is thinner than the 30, but a hair longer in the slide and grip length. Being able to get all of your fingers onto the grip, rather than the magazine and the grip is a big bonus in my book if you ever hope to compete or attend any type of training course where you'll be changing mags on the fly.

Concealment is all about dressing around the gun and not being self conscious about it. I recently picked up a IWB holster for my full sized 1911 and it does a great job.
Life Member NRA & TSRA

Big Ben

Post by Big Ben »

I have a Glock 19 and a 33 and carry both in a MTAC holster. I personally have no problem concealling either and usually carry the 19 just because of my hand size and the fact that I am more accurate with the 9mm than with the .357 sig. When it comes down to brass tacs and time to draw down I personally want to have something that feels comfortable in my grip and fills up my hand. Just my opinion.
BTW I am 6' 8" and alittle what you would call husky. ;-)
CHL since 4/2010
NRA Member
IDPA Member
"The tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants" - Thomas Jefferson

Stupid

Post by Stupid »

G19 is my winter carry. I find it's very hard to conceal with tight summer shirts etc. G26 would be less of a problem.

Don't really know your body size. It's hard to comment.
Please help the wounded store owner who fought off 3 robbers. He doesn't have medical insurance.
http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26249961/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
AggieLCP

Post by AggieLCP »

Wow, thanks everybody for so many posts already. :cheers2:

No matter what I end up buying i'm sure the LCP will still get the nod most of the time in warm weather. I'm so torn between the two glocks, I held a 19 at the gun shop the other day and it felt great. I'm just afraid I wont feel comfortable trying to hide the larger grip vs the 26. If I do go for the 19 I'll probably wait for the gen 4's to be released. The internet chatter seems to indicate a late June or July release for the gen 4 compact models.

If I go with the 19 I might sell my CZ and let the 19 cover double duty as occasional carry and nightstand gun. Same capacity as the CZ plus a light rail. Don't know why I'd keep the CZ around. It is a nice shooter though.. just to big and heavy to ever carry. I suppose if i go with the 26 I'll keep the CZ for the nightstand.

Decisions, decisions, decisions....

silverbear

Post by silverbear »

26 :mrgreen:
I support the right to arm bears.

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

I carry a 23 either in a Bullard Undercover (OWB) T-Shirt and shorts or in a Crossbreed Supertuck (IWB) for either church where I may tuck in a shirt or otherwise am more self-conscious about an untucked shirt riding up. FWIW, I am 6'1 240#.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

PJK

Post by PJK »

My almost everyday carry is a 26 IWB in a Comp-Tac MTAC. I almost always have it tucked in under dry wicking golf shirts and never print. The gun is super accurate and very enjoyable to carry. The 26 is just the right size for my 5' 9" 230# frame. I also usually have the LCP in my front pocket as well as a BUG/

I have thought about buying a 19 many times, but every time I start looking the size just seems a bit large for every day carry. In the winter when I can wear a jacket or vest I think it would be great OWB, but in the summer it does not make sense to me.

"Why are there mass shootings in gun free zones? The same reason there are non at gun ranges"

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by RPB »

I own both ... carry 26 IWB daily, with a Glock 19 mag and mag spacer ... the shorter 26 slide is more comfortable IWB than my 19 is.

Sometimes If I only wear a tighter Tshirt, I'll carry a 10, 12 (+2) or 13 (+3) round mag (pearce grip extenders) instead of the 15 round glock 19 mag with spacer

Glock 19 I've had since 1989 got retired from carry when I got the 26

I actually put an extended barrel on the 26, so it's essentially a 19 sized grip and barrel, but with a shorter slide; so it is easier to sit down drive etc,

All my glocks have Advantage Tactical Sights.

I wear either a t-shirt (tall from j c penneys big/tall) or gauyabarra shirt with cargo shorts (usually from WalMart).

I'd trade my 19 for a second 26 due to the versitility.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”