Shocked some sheeple last week...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
randomoutburst
Posts in topic: 2

Shocked some sheeple last week...

Post by randomoutburst »

We went down to Garland to order my 1911 last week and I thought I'd share what I thought was a funny experience.

We had picked up a friend and her boyfriend who wanted to spend some time with us while we were in the area. We told them we wanted to gun shop a little and asked if that was okay. We had a long discussion of 2A rights and concealed carry while we were out, and it was enjoyable. They learned a lot and we had fun answering their questions.

So we get to TargetMaster to order my gun and while I'm describing what I want, hubby wanders over with a vest. He asks if I have enough cash on me in case he wants to buy it. I say sure and he looks around for a place to try it on. The clerk helping me says, "Oh, you can just take off your jacket and try it on right here. No worries."

Hubby was shoulder carrying under the jacket and we said in unison, "No, I (he) can't."

The clerk paused, then said, "If you're carrying with a CHL you can remove your jacket. We don't mind as long as it remains holstered."

He shrugged and dropped his jacket; neither friend had any clue he had been carrying for the past three hours!

The looks on their faces were PRICELESS!!! Like this ---> :shock: :confused5 :???: :oops: all in a row.
"You had that on the WHOLE TIME??"
"Yeah." :mrgreen:

My hubby and the clerk had a good laugh, and I just rolled my eyes and giggled while I finished filling out the order form.

Hubby carries a Taurus PT92, so you know he's not toting around an easy-to-miss firearm. He conceals it well, but it just shows how unobservant sheep can be.

We had a whole conversation about CHL and handguns in the car, and hubby TOLD them he had his license. I guess it never occurred to them that he might actually take advantage of what the license allows him to do? :smilelol5:

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shocked some sheeple last week...

Post by joe817 »

Great story! I'll bet you wish you had a camera with you to capture the look on their faces. :lol: :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

glbedd53

Post by glbedd53 »

From California no doubt.

Frost

Post by Frost »

I thought you had to "own or control" a premises in order to open carry legally, not just have permission. Then again there is a lot of "open carry" going on in a place that sells firearms. Grey area i guess.
It can happen here.

dicion

Post by dicion »

Frost wrote:I thought you had to "own or control" a premises in order to open carry legally, not just have permission. Then again there is a lot of "open carry" going on in a place that sells firearms. Grey area i guess.
This has been discussed many times in the past, and yes, while 'technically' illegal, if no one complains, and no-one calls the cops, is it really a problem?

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Good one Random!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Great story. "rlol"
Charlie

rdcrags

Post by rdcrags »

I love it. :thumbs2:

Topic author
randomoutburst
Posts in topic: 2

Post by randomoutburst »

glbedd53 wrote:From California no doubt.
Texas, born and raised. Both of 'em. Hard to believe, I know. ;-)
And the girl has known my husband since before they can remember, which makes the whole story even better.

Also, to clarify, the only people in the shop were us, the clerk, and the owner who we also know and talk with frequently. Had there been other people I don't know if the clerk would have said it's okay to take off the jacket, if only for the sake of other patrons.

All in all, that's the best moment of shock I've seen. Another less exciting shocker happened when hubby took off his jacket at a friend's house (who also knew he carried) and the friend did the :eek6 face. Said friend had given him a hug moments before and had NO IDEA he was shoulder carrying. Hubby knew the friend had put his hands right on the gun and mag holders and assumed he just didn't say anything to be polite! :rolll
Even better - this friend had a Virginia concealed weapons permit years ago when he lived there!

sgerry

Post by sgerry »

Simply Awesome!

Love it. :hurry:

LongHairedRedneck

Post by LongHairedRedneck »

:smilelol5:

Gotta love the sheeples response!!
If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”