TCC Tennis match

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Sewer_Ice
Posts in topic: 2

TCC Tennis match

Post by Sewer_Ice »

Not a professional or collegiate tennis match. My mother is playing a tournament there this afternoon, whole family is going. The exact law says that the school is a prohibited PREMISES, where premises is building or portion of building. It is outdoors, there is NO SCHOOL in session on Fridays.

And again, this is not a professional tennis team, they are not paid players.

I'm good to carry, right?

A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TCC Tennis match

Post by A-R »

if these are courts with stands and perhaps a nearby restroom or something and they're on school PROPERTY of any kind, I wouldn't risk it. I'm not saying it is or it isn't off limits, but it's awfully close. might boil down to a technical definition of "premises" and whether courts, grandstands, small overhang etc. qualify as such.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Sewer_Ice wrote:Not a professional or collegiate tennis match. My mother is playing a tournament there this afternoon, whole family is going. The exact law says that the school is a prohibited PREMISES, where premises is building or portion of building. It is outdoors, there is NO SCHOOL in session on Fridays.

And again, this is not a professional tennis team, they are not paid players.

I'm good to carry, right?
Perhaps a good rule of thumb is, "If I have to ask, the answer is NO. Whadda' you think?"

joe817

Post by joe817 »

austinrealtor wrote:if these are courts with stands and perhaps a nearby restroom or something and they're on school PROPERTY of any kind, I wouldn't risk it. I'm not saying it is or it isn't off limits, but it's awfully close. might boil down to a technical definition of "premises" and whether courts, grandstands, small overhang etc. qualify as such.
:iagree: I assume TCC stands for Tarrant County College. And if the event is held on campus grounds then it falls under the auspices of a collegiate sports(sponsored) events which is off limits to CHL. Sowwy, but that's the way it is.

My $.02 worth.

(I attended TCC when it was called TCJC...I still call it that much to the chagrin of my daughter who was a dance instructor at the N.W. Campus. :mad: )
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
Sewer_Ice
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Sewer_Ice »

Turns out practice was @ tarrant county college. Match is at richland tennis center. Saw a gun free zone sign driving in, which we all know doesn't apply if you have that states liscense, and stay out of building. Not a school sponsored event btw. Per letter of the law I am legal, question is will an LEO know that? Probably not going to risk it.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”