Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, TX 30.06 Posted

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

hoot
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, TX 30.06 Posted

Post by hoot »

chad745 wrote:I'd sure like to see the sign come down ...
But even after the signs come down, how do we assuage the arrogance and ignorance?
Hoot
NRA Member
U.S.Army Veteran
9mm Kimber Tac Pro
plastic received on 911 (9/11/09)
WE are AT&T. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Abraham wrote:After repeatedly receiving the same email (albeit with different signatures) I'd soon ignore them.

Wouldn't sending in an original email have greater impact?
I would think so.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

hoot wrote:
chad745 wrote:I'd sure like to see the sign come down ...
But even after the signs come down, how do we assuage the arrogance and ignorance?
Hoot
If the sign comes down, then you give them your business as a reward for having corrected an error in their ways. If you're not willing to do that, then don't waste your time sending them letters of protest. Otherwise, the protests are meaningless, since you had no intention of going there in the first place. What would they have to lose by not changing? In other words, if you're not willing to give them your business when they take the signs down, then they have nothing to lose by leaving the signs up.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Sigfan

Post by Sigfan »

I applaud anyone writing to them.

Personally I would have left out this section:

"It is clear there is not an increased safety risk by allowing concealed handguns, quite the contrary. We are trained to handle our weapons. The perceived risk is unfounded…a false sense of security. We inherently provide a safer environment for all around us."

I find its generally not good to use the term weapon, with non-gun people. And the bit about being trained to handle our weapons, and that we inherently provide a safer environment for all . That brings to mind vigilanties stopping crimes and protecting the public, and gets away from the personal protection aspect of having a CHL. If I was someone that wasn't familiar with guns, or part of the gun culture, that statement would probably bother me.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Andiceman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Andiceman »

Just wanted to provide an update. I was at a conference last week at the Gaylord Texan (very near to Great Wolf Lodge, and no 30.06 sign that I was able to see). As we were leaving my wife wanted to take a quick look at the Great Wolf Lodge to see if it looked like a good place to take our kids for a weekend getaway. As of last Friday (10/22), the 30.06 sign was still there.

Looks like hell to me, but looks like a place my kids (4 & 6) would absolutely love.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Andiceman wrote:Just wanted to provide an update. I was at a conference last week at the Gaylord Texan (very near to Great Wolf Lodge, and no 30.06 sign that I was able to see). As we were leaving my wife wanted to take a quick look at the Great Wolf Lodge to see if it looked like a good place to take our kids for a weekend getaway. As of last Friday (10/22), the 30.06 sign was still there.

Looks like heck to me, but looks like a place my kids (4 & 6) would absolutely love.
I wonder if any enterprising criminals review websites listing 30.06 posted establishments for ripe targets or worse set up their own website noting business that would be "safe" for highjacking? Maybe folks who suffer injury during crime in a 30.06 business should sue, especially if they're CHL. Works for the liberals and ACLU.
Last edited by puma guy on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Katygunnut

Post by Katygunnut »

puma guy wrote:
Andiceman wrote:Just wanted to provide an update. I was at a conference last week at the Gaylord Texan (very near to Great Wolf Lodge, and no 30.06 sign that I was able to see). As we were leaving my wife wanted to take a quick look at the Great Wolf Lodge to see if it looked like a good place to take our kids for a weekend getaway. As of last Friday (10/22), the 30.06 sign was still there.

Looks like heck to me, but looks like a place my kids (4 & 6) would absolutely love.
I wonder if any enterprising criminals review websites listing 30.06 posting establishments for ripe targets or worse set up their own website noting business that would be "safe" for highjacking? Maybe folks who suffer injury during crime in a 30.06 business should sue, especially if they're CHL. Works for the liberals and ACLU.
IANAL, but I do believe that there is a concept of businesses being responsible to provide a basic level of security for their patrons. When a business actively increases the threat potential, this should increase their liability for future injuries that result. In my mind, this is similar to a restaurant promoting an Outlaw Bikers day and offering free beer to anyone wearing the colors of known motorcycle gangs, but then failing to increase security at their establishment.

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

puma guy wrote:

I wonder if any enterprising criminals review websites listing 30.06 posting establishments for ripe targets or worse set up their own website noting business that would be "safe" for highjacking? Maybe folks who suffer injury during crime in a 30.06 business should sue, especially if they're CHL. Works for the liberals and ACLU.
My Wife and I stayed at the Gaylord Texan the 16th - 18th. They were advertising a new water park that will open on their property next year. IIRC it will encompass ~11 acres and have many of the same features of the Great Wolf.

On a side note: We returned to the Gaylord after attending the fair. While in route we were stopped at an intersection near the fair and my condition went to red (long story). I un-tucked my shirt and put the shirt tail inside the hand grip for easier access. Upon returning to the Gaylord, the valet opened my truck door and calmly stated, "you might want to fix your shirt". I did and we both laughed!
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Andiceman

Post by Andiceman »

My Wife and I stayed at the Gaylord Texan the 16th - 18th. They were advertising a new water park that will open on their property next year. IIRC it will encompass ~11 acres and have many of the same features of the Great Wolf.

On a side note: We returned to the Gaylord after attending the fair. While in route we were stopped at an intersection near the fair and my condition went to red (long story). I un-tucked my shirt and put the shirt tail inside the hand grip for easier access. Upon returning to the Gaylord, the valet opened my truck door and calmly stated, "you might want to fix your shirt". I did and we both laughed!
I saw that about the Gaylord Texan's upcoming water park area--looks pretty neat. Great Wolf will still have the appeal of being an indoor water park, which sounds great for off-season and for my pale kids who burn despite lots of sunscreen.

That's pretty funny regarding your faux pas. The service there was pretty good--good group of valets. They took good care of my car and I think they left it out front the entire time as we never had to wait. Always tip your valet well, folks (assuming you love your car).

Lonest4r

Post by Lonest4r »

How sad, I think that any place considered to be a hotel should have to grant 2AM rights at least to paying overnight guests. Imagine booking a trip and finding out once you get to the hotel that you will have to leave your gun in the car overnight. We should get some legislation written.
LONEST4R
7/24/10 Class- 8/28/10 Plastic!
Glock 26 in Horsehide Supertuck

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Andiceman wrote:I saw that about the Gaylord Texan's upcoming water park area--looks pretty neat. Great Wolf will still have the appeal of being an indoor water park, which sounds great for off-season and for my pale kids who burn despite lots of sunscreen.
Which off-season?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

Is there any cases of lawsuits against "Gun Free" businesses because someone got hurt? That would be a boon to any letter if it could be cited.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”