yes
3%
no
97%

Total votes: 86

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by carlson1 »

I am not for sure if an instructor's license should be taken away because his OPINION is a badge. It was his opinion :???: I would imagine all instructors give opinions and they probably do not all argee with one another.

j1132s
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL BADGES

Post by j1132s »

PhillipCCPD wrote:I would like to buy a CHL badge and wear it while i carry. Is this legal? I know they sell them and who else would they be for, what do you all think?
I know at least in New mexico it isn't legal. But in Texas, it's legal (as well as CA). Go for it if you want, just remember to take it off when going to another state where its illegal to wear one.

HOSSISFREE

Post by HOSSISFREE »

My 2 cents.

I have been told by a few different LEOs I've known that they don't even like for people to know that they are a LEO when off duty and in civies. When I asked them why, the responses were the same. Some criminals will take pot shots at you just for being a LEO in civies. Thinking that in civies they don't have a gun to defend themselves.

I personally don't understand how someone could do such a thing, but then again, I'm no criminal.

Wearing of a badge in civies could attract such attention.

Hoss
..." it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." ~ Declaration of Independence!

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

HOSSISFREE wrote:Some criminals will take pot shots at you just for being a LEO in civies. Thinking that in civies they don't have a gun to defend themselves.
A young lady whom I hadn't seen in 7-8 years came into my wife's shop the other day. I knew her from church, and she used to babysit for me, but I hadn't seen her since she went off to college.

I had no idea what she was doing these days, until she leaned on the counter and I saw the Arlington PD badge show beneath her shirt tail.

She's turned out to be a lovely and stylish young woman, but unless she's some kind of Houdini, she was definitely not carrying a pistol beneath those well-tailored clothes.

I'd say having a badge and no gun would be the worst combination.

Kevin

switch

badges a good idea???

Post by switch »

1TallTXn wrote: his reasoning was that if your in a sticky situation and the cops show up, they are less likely to shoot the guy with the badge then the gun w/o.
That's probably the only reason to have a CHL badge. What's the likely hood you will be in that situation? Actually, if you 'need' a badge, I think you could take out your CHL and hold it over your head while the LEO respond and it would be just as effective, and would not have the possible negative of you being charged w/impersonating a LEO.

GSchretter

Come on guys.

Post by GSchretter »

We are all learning here. Yes even the vet are still learning stuff about something some where.

I agree the badge is a little much.

Get a shirt that says:

Guns do not kill gang bangers, I DO !
Last edited by GSchretter on Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bubba

Post by Bubba »

NO !

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”