Looking for a Kimber Pro CDP II

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
DaveT
Posts in topic: 6

Looking for a Kimber Pro CDP II

Post by DaveT »

I'm looking for a Kimber Pro CDP II to join it's brothers and sisters in my gun safe.

If anyone has one they are considering selling, holler at me ! :clapping:

Thanks,
Dave

GrayHawk

Re: Looking for a Kimber Pro CDP II

Post by GrayHawk »

Not mine, don't know anything about them. Don't even know if this is a good price or not, but I just checked out this mornings listings and this one was listed:

http://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=54446" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

GrayHawk wrote:Not mine, don't know anything about them. Don't even know if this is a good price or not, but I just checked out this mornings listings and this one was listed:

http://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=54446" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks GrayHawk !

I've sent a message to the seller, now the wait begins......

JNMAR
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JNMAR »

DaveT did you ever hear from the seller regarding the Kimber?

Topic author
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

JNMAR wrote:DaveT did you ever hear from the seller regarding the Kimber?
Just did this evening.

Although the ad is on Texas Gun Trader and listed as being in Dallas, the seller is in North Carolina. Wanted to know if I was going to "come right over" to pick it up. If not, he says he is not a dealer but has an FFL and would ship it on his dime with 3 day shipping.

Cautious on this one, trying to get more information.

JNMAR
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JNMAR »

I was asking because I have an aquaintance/friend who has one and mentioned a while back that he "ought to sell it" but was undecided at the time. I thought I might try to get in touch and see if he'd decided, so far he hasn't gotten back in touch with me.

Topic author
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

JNMAR,

If your friend decides, let me know.

The seller of that one on Texas Gun Trader is a scam artist. His reply back to me wanting more information gave me an address where I could send a money order to, so I ran a search on the address... here is what I found:

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/show ... 589&page=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A TOTAL SCAM for sure. Looks like the ole' spidey senses paid off again.......

GrayHawk

Post by GrayHawk »

Sorry Dave for the lead. The listing showed as being in Dallas. I agree with your final assessment....

Topic author
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

GrayHawk wrote:Sorry Dave for the lead. The listing showed as being in Dallas. I agree with your final assessment....

No problem GrayHawk, I appreciate you trying to help me out with finding a Pro CDP II. :thumbs2:

One of the good things about the internet is being able to keep track of the bad folks.... the word spreads pretty quick among gun owners and enthusiasts. Just as the try to use the 'net to scam people, being vigilant and keeping others informed also takes care of the scammers to some degree.

I have forwarded his information and that link I posted above to an old friend with the ATF.

Frequency
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Frequency »

yeah, good catch on that one Dave. I msg'd someone about a Kimber before that said he was in DFW and turned out to be in Baltimore. long story short I did some research and was pretty sure it was a scam as well. one reason why I prefer FTF.

btw, you find any more Raptors? I know you were looking for them before...

Topic author
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Frequency wrote:yeah, good catch on that one Dave. I msg'd someone about a Kimber before that said he was in DFW and turned out to be in Baltimore. long story short I did some research and was pretty sure it was a scam as well. one reason why I prefer FTF.

btw, you find any more Raptors? I know you were looking for them before...
I have two Raptors, a stainless Pro II and a stainless Ultra II. I prefer stainless 3 and 4 inch Kimbers, and rotate all of mine in and out of carry rotation. I find the 5 inch models are a little much for me to conceal easily so I am not looking for the 5 inch Raptor. I sold the blued Ultra Raptor II that I had to a good friend when I found the stainless version.

I did manage to find a 4 inch CDP this week and I am expecting it on either Tuesday or Wednesday. I went with a NIB 4 inch Compact CDP II because of the 4 inch barrel, but it has the smaller grips like an Ultra.

Also found a 4 inch stainless PRO TLE RL II at the same on line dealer. I was not even aware that Kimber had a rail on a 4 inch model, I thought they only had rails on a few high end 5 inch models. Guess I was not up on my Kimber homework. :smash: As soon as I saw the pictures of this one, I knew it was for me, LOL.... so I bought them both and they are being shipped together.

I have been using a Glock 30 with night sights, a CT laser, and a Glock light for my nightstand gun, that will be replaced with the PRO TLE RL II once I get a set of CT laser grips on it.

So, in short order I will be selling my Glock 30 NS and probably go ahead and sell my Glock 23 NS at the same time as I consolidate brands and calibers.

I sold my last Harley about a month ago when I decided to end my 40 years of riding. Just not physically up to it any more. My wife asked me what I planned to do with the money I got for it, my answer was short.... "a hot tub and more Kimbers as I find them". We've been enjoying the new hot tub every evening before going to bed and the first two of "more Kimbers" are on the way !!! :cheers2:

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPB »

I saw that you found one, but if you need another ... ("more Kimbers as I find them" lol )
It comes from Kimber's Custom Shop with all the upgrades.
The package includes 3 mags (1-7rd, 2-8rd) with combat bottoms, an extra set of rosewood grips, a Don Hume IWB holster, original case and Night Sights.
http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 5&t=141750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Except it's in the Houston area/Cypress Texas...... more info at that link
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Return to “Closed Items”