Show & Tell - What is the latest handgun that you've bought?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Quahog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Show & Tell - What is the latest handgun that you've bou

Post by Quahog »

SQLGeek wrote:
Nice. Still eyeing one up myself.

I've also been looking at the Beretta Px4 SC in 9mm. It's a little pig of a gun but I like it.
I gave that one a feel over the weekend and I swear it had the smoothest slide on a pistol I have ever felt. Yep, agree... little piggie but I liked it to!
"America needs God more than God needs America. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." -- Ronald Reagan

NRA - TSRA - PSC - CHL

The Habernatho
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Habernatho »

jackj87 wrote:
The Habernatho wrote:
jackj87 wrote:Last week I sucked it up and bought the S&W 340PD instead of the 442. Wow, what a gun. A .357 out of a 11 ounce gun is quite a deal.

Recoil is not that bad with .38's. When I was at my ranch last weekend I shot easily 50 rounds of .38's after 300+ of 9mm and 45 and it was not a problem. The only problem was when I got ballsy and shot the .357 hydrashocks out of them. After one cylinder my hand was stinging.

Right now I am pocket carrying with an Uncle Mike's IWB holster. I am waiting on a high noon tuckable to come in.
Nice gun, I keep wanting to buy the M&P 340. But like you I'm having a hard time justifying the price. The main appeal to me is the .357 capability, but if follow up shots are too hard to get back on target it kinda defeats the purpose.
The price was a factor in my decision. A 442 is half the price basically of a 340pd, but the 340pd shoots a .357 and the 442 only shoots a .38. What I concluded was that you were buying two guns in one with the 340pd. As for follow up shots, one shot of .357 from this hand cannon will scare anybody away, it has the loudest bark I have ever heard, at least pistol wise. But I am debating on buying 38+p ammo to carry instead of .357.

I also reason with myself is that if I have to use my 340, I like to know I have .357 coming out of the barrel. And with the adrenaline that would come with the situation, I would not worry about follow up shots since you can control the recoil under normal conditions.
Lol just make the first shot count, because I would think follow up shots would be hard in a 13 oz gun shooting a .357

texjames
Posts in topic: 2

Post by texjames »

Ruger LCP, A Pac Lite upper for my Mark 3 and Tac Sol AR22LR upper...
USAF 71-91 retired
CHL #3 04/10

The Habernatho
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Habernatho »

LCP with CT
Attachments
lcp11.jpg

Quick6

Post by Quick6 »

Dan Wesson Commander Classic Bobtail, Two-Tone, 10mm. After a couple hundred rounds break-in, I'm looking at this being my daily carry.

"There is a pleasure in being mad, which none but madmen know".

SecurityGeek

Post by SecurityGeek »

I just picked up a Sig P238 SAS at lunch today. I'll prolly regret it, but I liked the idea of a pocket-sized 1911.
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"
- S. Paige

RECIT
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RECIT »

SecurityGeek wrote:I just picked up a Sig P238 SAS at lunch today. I'll prolly regret it, but I liked the idea of a pocket-sized 1911.
Why would you regret it? I have heard they were good little pistols.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 3

Post by G.A. Heath »

Ok, Last week I took a sip of the 9mm k00l-aid.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I don't know if this qualifies, but I bought my son-in-law a Glock 22 .40S&W yesterday. It's his but I paid so I guess it's the last HG I purchased. I have a question if there are any Glock enthusiast here. It is a Gen 4 I believe with a two piece guide rod. I notice the spring was exposed with the slide in the retracted position. No one at GT Distributors had shot one but they said it reduced recoil some. I am of the theory the fewer parts the better. He wanted it for the grip design which was a little narrower front to back. Does it reduce recoil, is it a better design? I noticed it was a little more difficult to reassemble then the earlier generation G22.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

puma guy wrote:I don't know if this qualifies, but I bought my son-in-law a Glock 22 .40S&W yesterday. It's his but I paid so I guess it's the last HG I purchased. I have a question if there are any Glock enthusiast here. It is a Gen 4 I believe with a two piece guide rod. I notice the spring was exposed with the slide in the retracted position. No one at GT Distributors had shot one but they said it reduced recoil some. I am of the theory the fewer parts the better. He wanted it for the grip design which was a little narrower front to back. Does it reduce recoil, is it a better design? I noticed it was a little more difficult to reassemble then the earlier generation G22.
I can't answer for sure, although I have held one and its owner claims shooting it was like shooting a Glock 17 (9mm version). The only Glock 22 I have ever shot was one with the original RTF grip and I hated it as that thing was like grabbing a porcupine so even if I had shot a Gen 4 it would be an inaccurate comparison.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

SecurityGeek

Post by SecurityGeek »

RECIT wrote:
SecurityGeek wrote:I just picked up a Sig P238 SAS at lunch today. I'll prolly regret it, but I liked the idea of a pocket-sized 1911.
Why would you regret it? I have heard they were good little pistols.
It was an impulse purchase. I typically like to rent one first and try it out, but I really liked the look and feel. That said, this is pocket gun #5 for me. I am still trying to explain the need for #'s 3 and 4 to my better half.
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"
- S. Paige

USA1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by USA1 »

SecurityGeek wrote: I am still trying to explain the need for #'s 3 and 4 to my better half.
Been there. My strategy is "Don't ask Don't tell" :cool:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

G.A. Heath wrote:
puma guy wrote:I don't know if this qualifies, but I bought my son-in-law a Glock 22 .40S&W yesterday. It's his but I paid so I guess it's the last HG I purchased. I have a question if there are any Glock enthusiast here. It is a Gen 4 I believe with a two piece guide rod. I notice the spring was exposed with the slide in the retracted position. No one at GT Distributors had shot one but they said it reduced recoil some. I am of the theory the fewer parts the better. He wanted it for the grip design which was a little narrower front to back. Does it reduce recoil, is it a better design? I noticed it was a little more difficult to reassemble then the earlier generation G22.
I can't answer for sure, although I have held one and its owner claims shooting it was like shooting a Glock 17 (9mm version). The only Glock 22 I have ever shot was one with the original RTF grip and I hated it as that thing was like grabbing a porcupine so even if I had shot a Gen 4 it would be an inaccurate comparison.
We didn't get a chance to shoot it but I did handle it. Having never shot a Glock I don't have that frame of reference. I have an S&W Sigma in both 9mm and 40 S&W but I don't know if that's any comparision. The grip on the G22 had finger grooves which the other(earlier) version didn't have. I believe the mag release was different as well. He bought a Hogue slip-on grip cover. My little Kahr PM40 is a handful to shoot, well I guess it's actually less than a handful, but I got the extended mag and a finger extention and put some leather around the bottom of the extended grip in the gap. The biggest improvement I made was an Apex wrap around. He's training for the next 3 days so he can't shoot the Glock until next week.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

gmantx

Post by gmantx »

Picked up a XD40sc last night. This is my first handgun to own so I am very excited about it and can't wait to shoot it later in the week.

USA1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by USA1 »

gmantx wrote:Picked up a XD40sc last night. This is my first handgun to own so I am very excited about it and can't wait to shoot it later in the week.

You sure picked a winner. :thumbs2:
I have the same one and it has proven to be extremely accurate and reliable.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”