Post your 1911 beauties!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

longtooth
Posts in topic: 72

Post by longtooth »

Like the front strap too.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 63

Post by HighVelocity »

Thanks Lrb and LT. I have had about a bazillion sets of grips on this gun and decided that for durability and utility, simple is best. The front strap is 3M "sealed" stair tape. the sand doesn't wear off like some others I've tried.
The grips are Ergo XT (less than $20) and they're gritty enough to maintain a positive grip but don't take my skin off like the Gunner Grips.
The Ergo's are also thinner and lighter weight than most standard thickness grips. This gun is heavy enough without adding to it.
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

KinnyLee
Posts in topic: 54

Post by KinnyLee »

Ahhhh. Thanks for bringing the thread back up again. :cool:

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 15

Post by jbirds1210 »

I bet he checks it at least twice a day to see if someone else resurrected it! :rolll

"My name is HighVelocity and I am a fowty five addict"
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

My name is HighVelocity and I am a fowty five addict
Thank you Captain Obvious. :lol:

I actually haven't looked at this thread in quite a while but was still surprised to see how far down it got. That's just not acceptable. JMB would turn over in his grave if he knew.
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 15

Post by jbirds1210 »

You will be proud to know that I put my Glocks to the side and took my 1911 out to the range today. Shot plates with it for about an hour and a half and had a heck of a good time.

Now I must put it away for another six months so I don't get addicted and have to feed that thing!

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

lrb111
Posts in topic: 3

Post by lrb111 »

HighVelocity wrote: The front strap is 3M "sealed" stair tape. the sand doesn't wear off like some others I've tried.
The grips are Ergo XT (less than $20) and they're gritty enough to maintain a positive grip but don't take my skin off like the Gunner Grips.
The Ergo's are also thinner and lighter weight than most standard thickness grips. This gun is heavy enough without adding to it.
I have a piece that I think would look nice with a similar treatment. Thanks!!
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

KinnyLee

Post by KinnyLee »

jbirds1210 wrote:You will be proud to know that I put my Glocks to the side and took my 1911 out to the range today. Shot plates with it for about an hour and a half and had a heck of a good time.

Now I must put it away for another six months so I don't get addicted and have to feed that thing!

Jason
That's a beautiful V10 you have there. Makes me want to get one. lol.

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

I think it's a V12 isn't it? Fullsize = V12, Compact = V10. "I think".

I have a V12 and it's a lot of fun to shoot although not IDPA legal with the ports.
Recently I experimented by dropping an old GI NM barrel and a "drop in" Wilson Combat barrel bushing into it instead of the ported bull barrel.
It worked!! :shock: Sometimes I get lucky. :cool:

KinnyLee

Post by KinnyLee »

HighVelocity wrote:I think it's a V12 isn't it? Fullsize = V12, Compact = V10. "I think".

I have a V12 and it's a lot of fun to shoot although not IDPA legal with the ports.
Recently I experimented by dropping an old GI NM barrel and a "drop in" Wilson Combat barrel bushing into it instead of the ported bull barrel.
It worked!! :shock: Sometimes I get lucky. :cool:
You're right. It's a V12. :cool:

carlson1
Posts in topic: 31

Post by carlson1 »

I thought I would put one more up here for everyone to see :grin:

Cosmo 9
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Cosmo 9 »

Very nice Mr. Carlson!
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

longtooth
Posts in topic: 72

Post by longtooth »

Great gun. Wher did them grips come from brother.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

Nice Kimber!! Those grips are very unique and eye catching. Who made them and do you know what woods were used?

carlson1
Posts in topic: 31

Post by carlson1 »

I have no ideal about the grips. They caught my eyes when I was looking on EBAY. I think they make the gun. This is the only Kimber I own and love it for a carry gun.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”