Female in need of CC suggestions for .40

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Female in need of CC suggestions for .40

Post by joe817 »

Have you taken a look at the website "Cornered Cat"? It's a website written by a woman FOR women. it's very comprehensive and she offers excellent advice on women and CHL.

One of her articles is "How do I hide this thing?" http://corneredcat.com/Holster/howhide.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another is "Straight Talk About Curves": http://corneredcat.com/Holster/straighttalk.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you go to the table of contents and scroll down to the holster section, there's a wealth of information there.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

A compact pistol and the Crossbreed MiniTuck make an excellent combination for female concealment. My very slender daughter finds it extremely comfortable in a number of positions on the waist, and it doesn't print at all on her when carrying the Kahr PM9. The PM40 is almost exactly the same size. The rig is available for a sizable number of compact guns. Check out the list on the page linked above to see if yours is on it.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

cheyb

Post by cheyb »

im carrying a beretta 96 centurion not haing any issue so far with CC im using a galco holster for right now but im waiting for my cross breed to come in then i will probably switch
"packing to protect"

Topic author
cwohardy

Post by cwohardy »

I will be carrying on the belt and yes it is a female thing!

Not so much fashion as I don't follow it but I certainly want to appear feminine and wearing an overly large over size shirt in the summer will suck. Oh well, this time next year I will be retired and back in KY and can carry open all the time........... I am still getting used to concealed and I know I have a lot to learn! Looks like I will go to a purse holster for now. That was one good thing about Iraq, having that sucker right there next to my hand, locked and loaded 24/7. Thanxs for all the great advice everyone!

Horseman

Post by Horseman »

cwohardy wrote:I am your average size female (not skinny/not big) and can not find a holster for my .40 when it comes to anything other than bulky winter type clothes. What the heck am I supposed to do now that the weather is warming up?

It will suck if I have to go to my BUG (.380) just to be able to CC :banghead:

Any links/suggestions appreciated

Here is a great video of a tiny female wearing the Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe. It is amazing how concealable this is.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bigred90gt

Post by bigred90gt »

The Supertuck can also be purchased in horse hide as opposed to leather. I have no experience with the leather version, but I do own a horse hide supertuck, and I love it. But, I am a man and my shirts are not tight.

Kimber_Fan

Post by Kimber_Fan »

It's not a .40 but kicks a lot less than most .40's. I would suggest a Kimber 1911 Ultra Carry TLE / LG. This is a great carry. It's very slim due to the single stack mags and has crimson trace laser grips built in. Even though it's a .45 it's smoother than my glock 23 (.40). you can find more info on http://www.kimber.america.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

Kimer_Fan

Matt78665

Post by Matt78665 »

Another vote for Crossbreed...........Works great for my Glock 27
"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
St. Augustine

Medic624

Post by Medic624 »

cwohardy wrote:Springfield XD
+1000 for the XD .40 :cheers2:

My EDC is the 4" XD .40 and use a Galco IWB and no one ever knows it's there... Even in shorts and a tee shirt

But shhhhh I just got a Kel Tec PF9 at the Reliant last weekend... Might switch off and on :mrgreen: :patriot:
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (AMDG)
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
George Washington

40khammer

Post by 40khammer »

XDM compact .40. The 16 round magazine with the grip extension allows you to use it as a full sized firearm or a compact with the 12 round mag.

badmomma
Posts in topic: 3

Post by badmomma »

I am having the same problem! Right know I carry iwb at the small of my back, which is fine, until I sit! I have talked to a few other women and thier preferred method was ankle carry. But with this hot weather, that is not an option for me. I'm a shorts and tank top type of gal! I'm going to check out the one the other ladies on the forum have suggested, but I have a question if any one can answer:

**Does it ride up when you sit? The one I use now (if put on my hip) rides up when I stand after sitting and then I have to adjust it...so much for being concealed! :lol:

By the way..I carry a Glock 17
Last edited by badmomma on Tue May 24, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

badmomma wrote:**Does it ride up when you sit? The one I use now (if put on my hip) rides up when I stand after sitting and then I have to adjust it...so much for being concealed! :lol:
It... rides up? How? Isn't it attatched to your belt? I must be missing something.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

badmomma
Posts in topic: 3

Post by badmomma »

Right, it is not attached by a belt. It has a clip that hooks on your waist band of your pants. I'm not a belt person per se, but if I need to start wearing a belt for comfort, then I guess that's what I will do!

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OldCannon »

I also recommend The Girls Guide to Guns. There's two articles there that might help:

http://girlsguidetoguns.com/2010/09/16/ ... -officers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and http://girlsguidetoguns.com/2011/05/11/ ... pros-pack/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I have tried on an ankle holster once....it felt really weird showed below my jeans when I sat down....I've got small legs...

If you like the shorts and tanks, just slip on a light weight button-up over it, works pretty well.

I have a couple of purses (love them, esp my no name messenger bag), a fanny pack (only use it for certain events...fairs, outdoor things, etc), a back pack (don't like it, too stiff). These aren't my favorite way of carrying...I will if needed...of all of them I like the messenger bag best because of the style it's less likely to be taken...but I tend to carry alot of stuff, and I can't fit my Kindle in it. Coronado has one that can tho, I think, saw it at Cabela's....hmmmm, maybe for my Anniversary???

good luck,
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “New to CHL?”