Census

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 14

Re: Census

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

ninemm wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:I just saw something on the news I had not realized. It looks like Texas has a chance of picking up 2 or 3 seats in the senate because of the census. Apparently our population is growing. :shock: Fill out those things folks. Come out from under your tin foil hats on this one. We need to get all the seats we can to fight the libs on the east and west coast.
The number of Senate seats is fixed at two. It's house seats that are determined by population. But it gets even better because the additional seats we get in the house will be taken away from someone else who is losing population (or growing at a lesser rate). Let's suppose we add two seats and California loses two seats. Let's then suppose a vote on something was 218 yea's to 217 nay's . After a reapportionament, it would be 219 nay's to 216 yea's (assuming the new Texas reps voted the opposite as the former CA reps). That's a swing of four votes! So, whatever reps we add have a double effect.
Thanks for the correction. It sounds like a darned good reason to make sure we at least get them the counts of population they need. Of coarse I am assuming the Texas votes would not be liberal slanted votes.

03Lightningrocks

If you don't want to say what race you are, don't. Sounds pretty simple to me. Maybe they can figure it out by your name. :mrgreen: Truthfully though I think you may be shooting yourself in the foot to leave that part out. I am thinking that it might help determine funds for Spanish to English language courses or something else of this nature. Maybe it might determine funding to help minorities in some way. I am 100% against special funds for minorities. I don't like the question either, but it is because I know the reason for the question is not to harm minorities, but to benefit them.

tacticool
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tacticool »

What happened to equal treatment in the law?

The people asking the race question are racist. Otherwise they wouldn't ask because it would be irrelevant.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

03Lightningrocks

tacticool wrote:What happened to equal treatment in the law?

The people asking the race question are racist. Otherwise they wouldn't ask because it would be irrelevant.
:iagree:

Who'sJohnGalt

Post by Who'sJohnGalt »

Skiprr wrote:
Who'sJohnGalt wrote:
tacticool wrote:How can they prove you received it?
I've received two packets so far in the mail. Not certified or receipt requested. They try the mail first, then an official census employee with a plastic ID badge comes to your front door twice and then then you get bumped up to the area manager who will come by twice. It FAQ section doesn't go beyond that stage, it might be too gruesome. It also states that they will contact you by phone which is strange since they aren't supposed to have names just addresses, so how they get a phone number is beyond me. I figure that I'll just shake my head, shrug my shoulders, and shut the door.
Wow. Amazing. Especially considering no census mailings went out before March.
The packets I received in December where the "American Community Survey" not the 2010 Census. See the earlier post.
Thanks for being polite.

ninemm
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ninemm »

I'll be darn if I didn't get another census-related letter today. That makes three mailings total.

Topic author
marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by marksiwel »

ninemm wrote:I'll be darn if I didn't get another census-related letter today. That makes three mailings total.
they must really like you
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

ninemm wrote:I'll be darn if I didn't get another census-related letter today. That makes three mailings total.
Still zero mailings here.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

timdsmith72

Post by timdsmith72 »

I got another one today. That also makes three for me. I expect visits soon.

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

Can't answer until Good Friday. How else will I know how many people lived there the day before.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

03Lightningrocks

I received my third correspondence on Friday. This one was a little card giving me a number to call in case I was so ignorant I needed help on how to fill out the census. I am assuming they have geared the whole program for the average liberal. :mrgreen:

Topic author
marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by marksiwel »

03Lightningrocks wrote:I received my third correspondence on Friday. This one was a little card giving me a number to call in case I was so ignorant I needed help on how to fill out the census. I am assuming they have geared the whole program for the average liberal. :mrgreen:
That would explain those voters in florida awhile back
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

seniorshooteress

Post by seniorshooteress »

Got a postcard today saying: hey we sent you the census did you fill it out and return it? Wonder if they are next going to send me a thank you card, seeing as how I did fill it out and mail it. Nice to know the government has all this extra money to spend on postage. Guess they are using the COLA that no one on Social Security got this year. :mad5
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 8

Post by seamusTX »

Now even I'm disillusioned.

I got the letter saying that I would get a census form. I got the census form, filled it out, and mailed it the next day. Then I got the postcard reminding me to fill it out.

Yesterday I got a second census form. :roll:

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kevinf2349 »

I filled mine in and mailed it on April 1st....seemed somehow approriate. "rlol" That and I couldn't fill it in before that because I didn't have a crystal ball to know I wouldn't be called to my (hopefully) heavenly home before then....and I would hate to lie to the government. :mrgreen:
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

Return to “Off-Topic”