FOUND Rock River Arms 1911 (RRA)

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Carrots

Post by Carrots »

Houston area for cash FTF if possible, but will do a little travelling. 4.25" or 5", Blue or Chrome.

NOT looking for Rock Island Armory (RIA)
Last edited by Carrots on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RECIT
Posts in topic: 4

Re: WTB Rock River Arms 1911 (RRA)

Post by RECIT »

I know they exist but I have never seen one. What draws you to the Rock River Arms over all the others available out there?
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

jeeperbryan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jeeperbryan »

RECIT wrote:I know they exist but I have never seen one. What draws you to the Rock River Arms over all the others available out there?
Probably because of what you just said. The same reason I want a Doublestar 1911. Everyone's seen a Colt, Kimber, Springfield.

Good luck with your search sir.

Topic author
Carrots

Post by Carrots »

Because I want something capable of producing 2-3" groups at 50 yards and I already have a Baer :thumbs2:

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

Carrots wrote:Because I want something capable of producing 2-3" groups at 50 yards and I already have a Baer :thumbs2:
Good answer! Does STI give accuracy guarantees?
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Carrots wrote:Because I want something capable of producing 2-3" groups at 50 yards and I already have a Baer :thumbs2:
Looks like the Baer would be a better gun according to these folks, who couldn't achieve that grouping at half that distance with a RRA Tactical:

http://ezine.m1911.org/RRATactical.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

Wow...I read that review and they were not impressed one bit. If I were going to spend that kind of money on a pistol I would have to handle it first. That sounds like a lot of headache for a potential buyer. I Don't want to know how good a companies customer service is b/c I hope I never have to talk to them.

Topic author
Carrots

Post by Carrots »

One bad review amongst a sea of praise really doesn’t worry me, and if you read the 8 pages of review comments more than one issue is identified with the way that they went about it. For the other side of the coin you can look here :- http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_re ... ndex1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nevertheless this a WTB thread, not a post seeking comments or asking for opinions :tiphat:

Topic author
Carrots

Post by Carrots »

Found one :mrgreen:

RECIT

Re: FOUND Rock River Arms 1911 (RRA)

Post by RECIT »

Can we see pics?

Topic author
Carrots

Post by Carrots »

I'll post one when I pick it up later this week, but It is a "no frills" working gun with a plain appearance. More like a Baer than a Brown.
It isn't at all "flash", but I have flash covered already: This one will be shot :thumbs2:
Last edited by Carrots on Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Carrots

Post by Carrots »

REMOVED.
Last edited by Carrots on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

SYMWAFA

Post by SYMWAFA »

NICE!

Is that a Del Fatti rig?

Topic author
Carrots

Post by Carrots »

Thank you. Yes, that is one of my Del Fatti holsters.

Return to “Closed Items”