Census

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

seniorshooteress
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Census

Post by seniorshooteress »

Got my census, filled it out in like 2 minutes; only questions asked were basically how many people live in this house, what is the relationship between person #1 to person #2 , etc, etc./ sex/age/race/phone number and if you are renting, paying on a morgage or own. Unless I missed something, seems to be pretty much a non issue. :totap:
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

M9FAN

Post by M9FAN »

03Lightningrocks wrote:Throw that census away if you want, but don't start crying when your neighborhood doesn't get the "voice" it should. Some of you fellers should read up on what the information they gather is used for. Stand up and be heard...or quit crying when the decisions are all made by the folks who do.

:iagree:
"Upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander the Great

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

I got the "you will be recieving a census in the next 5-10 business days..." letter from Uncle Sam. I wonder how many millions it cost to print, stuff, and ship that little waste of paper cost? I'm no greenie but if I was I sure wouldn't be happy with the waste of paper, either way, I sure ain't happy with the waste of MY tax dollars to send those out. Assuming they only cost a penny, there are +-115M households in the US thats about $1.1M, pocket change these days of the trillion dollar deficit but you gotta start somewhere....

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

You sure 'nuff don't want to know what all those TV commercials cost then :shock:
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

suthdj
Posts in topic: 4

Post by suthdj »

Looks like I got the long form, thinking maybe I should fill it out in crayon.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

A-R
Posts in topic: 5

Post by A-R »

suthdj wrote:Looks like I got the long form, thinking maybe I should fill it out in crayon.
I'd love to see a copy of the long form. Any way for you to scan it and post it or email it?

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

austinrealtor wrote:
suthdj wrote:Looks like I got the long form, thinking maybe I should fill it out in crayon.
I'd love to see a copy of the long form. Any way for you to scan it and post it or email it?
I might be wrong, I was under the impression the short form was 1 page, However after comparing what I have to the link on page 1 of this thread it is the same only more pages for more people. They say 10 questions 10 minutes well I got 5 living in my house and I hate forms so that should be 10 question 10 minutes per person. But if you really want to see it I can scan it.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

A-R
Posts in topic: 5

Post by A-R »

suthdj wrote:
austinrealtor wrote:
I might be wrong, I was under the impression the short form was 1 page, However after comparing what I have to the link on page 1 of this thread it is the same only more pages for more people. They say 10 questions 10 minutes well I got 5 living in my house and I hate forms so that should be 10 question 10 minutes per person. But if you really want to see it I can scan it.
No, sounds like exact same form I received today. Like you say, "only" 10 questions but 7 of them repeat for each person in your house. :grumble

I'm gonna make my 1 year old and 3 year old fill in their 7 questions themselves. In crayon. :thumbs2:

cougartex
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cougartex »

seniorshooteress wrote:Got my census, filled it out in like 2 minutes; only questions asked were basically how many people live in this house, what is the relationship between person #1 to person #2 , etc, etc./ sex/age/race/phone number and if you are renting, paying on a morgage or own. Unless I missed something, seems to be pretty much a non issue. :totap:
:iagree: I got the short form, completed in about 2 minutes.
Cougars are shy, reclusive, and downright mysterious... :txflag:

chartreuse

Post by chartreuse »

cougartex wrote:
seniorshooteress wrote:Got my census, filled it out in like 2 minutes; only questions asked were basically how many people live in this house, what is the relationship between person #1 to person #2 , etc, etc./ sex/age/race/phone number and if you are renting, paying on a morgage or own. Unless I missed something, seems to be pretty much a non issue. :totap:
As did I, which is what Jim said would happen.

Naturally, like a good little serf, I filled it out immediately as instructed both on the form and in the letter I received last week. But I couldn't help wondering - the questions were all in the present tense, asking who is living here on April 1 (or 10, I forget) of this year. And it ain't April yet...

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

April Fools! :biggrinjester:
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 14

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Yep...short form here too. It took all of 2 minutes to fill out. The questions where not personal at all. Age, race, how many at my house. Filled it out and sent it back. I guess i am on the radar now... :lol:

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Got ours today and filled it out. Evidently my race doesn't qualify for its own category. :roll:
Psalm 91:2

Estand
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Estand »

I came across this story later after reading this thread. Came back to post for all.

Census Data Not So Confidential After All
March 8, 2010
http://www.independent.org/newsroom/article.asp?id=2744" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

M9FAN

Post by M9FAN »

cougartex wrote:
:iagree: Quick and easy. And, compared to other "required" forms, relatively non-intrusive.
"Upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander the Great

Return to “Off-Topic”