Getting PIN number

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
SW40VE
Posts in topic: 1

Getting PIN number

Post by SW40VE »

DPS received my packet almost 30 days ago and the anxiety is killing me. It would be SOME relief to at least see something that says "Processing". Can you call DPS to get your PIN number before it is mailed to you? Has anyone ever tried this?
Springfield Armory XD 9mm Service
Taurus Millennium Pro PT145
ROHM RG-26
Yugo SKS (DIY USA Transplant)
56 days to receive my CHL

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

I tried it, and was on hold for 5 mins, and gave up.

I got my pin a day or so later. If it's 30 days since they received your packet, your PIN should be on its way to you.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

I sent my packet in about two weeks ago. I've had my PIN for months since I applied and paid online. I probably have another two weeks to go before mine even thinks about updating.

pdouglas

pin

Post by pdouglas »

SW40VE,

You can try to call them - but in my personal experience, they will just say that it takes time and you will get it eventually.

I know it is frustrating to wait and have no way of knowing anything, the DPS website could go through an overhaul and improve relations with the public. If we knew the real status and what was going on we would be a lot more understandable. There are a lot of steps that they could explain on their website and we would know more. If I knew what was happening and that it went through that many steps and that X number of steps were completed each time I checked, I would be happier and understand what was going on.

Sorry to go on - You will just have to hang on and hope that they are working on it and that each day it doesn't come, you have a better chance of it coming tomorrow.

take care,
Patrick

Diode

Post by Diode »

If your going to call call early in the AM, like 8:30. I got thru and it was 35 days after they recieved my packet, she looked me up and gave me my pin over the phone. Saying that, the pin is just about useless, "processing Application" is what it will say. Not to mention it tends to change for some people and just confuses you. I'd call make sure everything is moving smoothly and call again after 60 days. IMHO :)

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”