Question to Cotton

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
No Bama Man
Posts in topic: 4

Question to Cotton

Post by No Bama Man »

Now I clearly know that this is your board and you can make any rules you like but a little discression on your part should be exercised before handing down your supreme and final judgements in my opinion. Seems to me to be very oppressive. we were discussing why or why not we would vote for a candidate and discussing the laws not really discussing gay marriage per say.

It is a one of very important topics to consider when evaluating a candidate and there view of the topic, constitution and state laws, dont you think.

Kind of like the other day when you reprimanded everyone on one of the topics concerning Medina about insulting comments of which I saw none and someone even posted that they saw none to which you made no correction to your statment nor did you identify any insulting statements to back up your reprimand.

This board is about the constitutional rights and less government control but you and your moderators can be really oppresive.

As said earlier, I realize this is your board and your rules but come on, we are all adults here and in my opinion this was a constructive conversation.

All of the above was said with the utmost respect, of course.
"It's a free country if you do what you're told"
ENOUGH TAX & GOVERNMENT

NRA Life Member
02/16/09 - Chl class
02/26/09 - Received by dps
03/20/09 - Received pin
04/20/09 - Had to sign fingerprint cards and return
08/14/09 - Application complete
08/19/09 - Plastic in Hand

O6nop
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Question to Cotton

Post by O6nop »

When I read that rule, I figured it applied to the actual Off-Topic forum. The political forum is for political ideas. But like No Bama Man said, it is your forum and I'll abide by the rules as they are now understood.
I believe there is safety in numbers..
numbers like: 9, .22, .38, .357, .45, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 6.5, .30-06...

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I would think you would send a pm to Charles for questions like this. I'm not sure why this would need a post.

marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by marksiwel »

You realize that on some of the forums I go to, your Avatar and Screen Name alone would get you banned?
They are just keeping the Peace.
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

Topic author
No Bama Man

Post by No Bama Man »

marksiwel wrote:You realize that on some of the forums I go to, your Avatar and Screen Name alone would get you banned?
I understand keeping the peace. Thats what I mean, was there anything upeaceful about the thread? I dont think so.

My avatar is just a symbol of my dislike of him as our president. Thats not allowed? The reason for my question to Mr. Cotton was because I was shocked to find a thread discussing Medina's stance on the gay marriage issue as printed in the published voter's guide locked because it involed the words gay marriage. Wouldn't it be a shame if they would not allow that question or the candidates response to be published because it was about gay marriage?
ENOUGH TAX & GOVERNMENT

NRA Life Member
02/16/09 - Chl class
03/20/09 - Received pin

shortysboy09

Post by shortysboy09 »

How about we just be happy we have a place where we can all come and trade stories and useful information with one another? Isn't that the purpose of this place anyways?
Disclaimer for all my posts: IANAL

My setup:

Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II or Bersa Thunder .380
Crossbreed Supertuck

NRA Member
TSRA Member

marksiwel
Banned

Post by marksiwel »

shortysboy09 wrote:How about we just be happy we have a place where we can all come and trade stories and useful information with one another? Isn't that the purpose of this place anyways?
I came here for Cooking Recipes and so far everyone has disappointed :rolll
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

shortysboy09

Post by shortysboy09 »

marksiwel wrote:
shortysboy09 wrote:How about we just be happy we have a place where we can all come and trade stories and useful information with one another? Isn't that the purpose of this place anyways?
I betcha you are disappointed. Haven't seen any of those floating around here.
Disclaimer for all my posts: IANAL

My setup:

Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II or Bersa Thunder .380
Crossbreed Supertuck

NRA Member
TSRA Member

Topic author
No Bama Man

Post by No Bama Man »

I'm trying real hard not to offend anyone but I cant even change may avatar and have it meet the board requirements and still be legible. If I get it down below 6kb the resolution is terrible.

Can anyone help me with this?
ENOUGH TAX & GOVERNMENT

NRA Life Member
02/16/09 - Chl class
03/20/09 - Received pin

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

No Bama Man wrote:
marksiwel wrote:You realize that on some of the forums I go to, your Avatar and Screen Name alone would get you banned?
I understand keeping the peace. Thats what I mean, was there anything upeaceful about the thread? I dont think so.

My avatar is just a symbol of my dislike of him as our president. Thats not allowed? The reason for my question to Mr. Cotton was because I was shocked to find a thread discussing Medina's stance on the gay marriage issue as printed in the published voter's guide locked because it involed the words gay marriage. Wouldn't it be a shame if they would not allow that question or the candidates response to be published because it was about gay marriage?
This forum prides itself on being a friendly place to calmly discuss isssues related to CHL, firearms and those related topics. The Political Section is for political issues related to guns and gun ownership, not an open political discussion section on all topics. The thread was not locked becuase it had those words; the thread was locked because we do not allow topics to be discussed that are hot-button topics not related to guns or gun ownership and the impact of the issue on those specific items. If you want to discuss those topics, there are plenty of other forums to do it on, but not here.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

marksiwel wrote:
I thought my cooking tips were pretty good. I am sorry I disappointed you. :totap: http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... lit=steaks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Endowment Member

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Keith B wrote:
No Bama Man wrote:

This forum prides itself on being a friendly place to calmly discuss isssues related to CHL, firearms and those related topics. The Political Section is for political issues related to guns and gun ownership, not an open political discussion section on all topics. The thread was not locked becuase it had those words; the thread was locked because we do not allow topics to be discussed that are hot-button topics not related to guns or gun ownership and the impact of the issue on those specific items. If you want to discuss those topics, there are plenty of other forums to do it on, but not here.
Thanks for the informative reply Keith!

Playing Devils Advocate here, but is it possible to have a subforum for political discourse? We're all intelligent folks here and I always love to discuss politics in an environment where reasonable discussions could occur. And this forum, by far, has the most mature, well mannered user base I have ever seen. There have been some political topics that I've wanted to share, but have refrained as it was not gun related.

This way, it is exclusive from general discussions, so those who do not wish to read it could skip right over it.

If it's not possible, totally cool. I just figured I would ask!

:tiphat:

oh, and I have some great recipes if anyone wants them! "rlol" :rolll
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

pbwalker wrote: Thanks for the informative reply Keith!

Playing Devils Advocate here, but is it possible to have a subforum for political discourse? We're all intelligent folks here and I always love to discuss politics in an environment where reasonable discussions could occur. And this forum, by far, has the most mature, well mannered user base I have ever seen. There have been some political topics that I've wanted to share, but have refrained as it was not gun related.

This way, it is exclusive from general discussions, so those who do not wish to read it could skip right over it.

If it's not possible, totally cool. I just figured I would ask!

:tiphat:

oh, and I have some great recipes if anyone wants them! "rlol" :rolll
I don't want to speak for Charles, but this is my opinion and view.

This forum is a CHL forum, so gun related issues are what is discussed here. We do frequently get off the main track, but it should stay related to guns and CHL, and the Mods try to keep the topics on track. We have the off-topic section, but have limited it to not having political, religious or other hot-topic discussions, just for this reason. By adding an open political section, or any other non-firearm/CHL related section, it would take away from the true reason this forum exists; a place for those interested in shooting and the shooting sports and CHL to dicuss and learn. The forum was really not meant to be an 'all topics for all people' discussion area. So, I don't see that as where the forum should go. As said, there are plenty of other forums to discuss those types of topics on.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
No Bama Man

Post by No Bama Man »

Keith B wrote:
No Bama Man wrote:

Keith,
Am I to understand that the only things to be discussed here must be be about guns and guns only? :confused5 Sorry didnt know that. Aslo, didnt know Medina's stand was a hot topic. Do you have a hot topic list published somewhere so I dont step on anyones toes. I bet the only toes I stepped on were toes of moderators and I apologize for that.

:cryin ok, i'm going to stand in the corner till you say I can come out. Edited to say something about a gun: :cryin ok, i'm going to stand in the corner and clean my gun till you say I can come out.
ENOUGH TAX & GOVERNMENT

NRA Life Member
02/16/09 - Chl class
03/20/09 - Received pin

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

No Bama Man wrote:
Not at the time it was locked, but sometimes when you see a train coming, it's best to get off the tracks.

About your avatar, is it under copyright? If not PM me and I'll see if I can help you out, maybe draw a PNG of it and scale it down that way. It'll be a while though as I have a bedroom to finish before I am allowed to play.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”