Jan 2010 applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jmdevera
Posts in topic: 20

Re: Jan 2010 applications

Post by jmdevera »

still not here and was complete on 2/2/10. i live 20 minutes outside of houston in league city. at what point should i be concerned that it was lost in transit? what would be the procedure?
01/09/2010 - CHL class taken
02/10/2010 - Plastic Received

Ruger LCP
Ruger sr40c
Mossberg 500

joe817
Posts in topic: 28

Post by joe817 »

jmdevera wrote:still not here and was complete on 2/2/10. i live 20 minutes outside of houston in league city. at what point should i be concerned that it was lost in transit? what would be the procedure?
Tonight would be a good time to email them and let them know you haven't received it yet. Be sure to include your full name & address, TX D.L & Soc.Sec.#. Then do a follow up call tomorrow.

You should have it by now. It took mine 2 days to get to me after mine changed to "app.complete. Lic. active or issued", and I live in Arlington.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

jmdevera

Post by jmdevera »

joe817 wrote:
jmdevera wrote:still not here and was complete on 2/2/10. i live 20 minutes outside of houston in league city. at what point should i be concerned that it was lost in transit? what would be the procedure?
Tonight would be a good time to email them and let them know you haven't received it yet. Be sure to include your full name & address, TX D.L & Soc.Sec.#. Then do a follow up call tomorrow.

You should have it by now. It took mine 2 days to get to me after mine changed to "app.complete. Lic. active or issued", and I live in Arlington.
Done.

Man I sure hope that its just really slow getting here. I don't really want to wait for this issue to get resolved and have to be put into another batch to sit and wait for a new license...

Ruger LCP
Ruger sr40c
Mossberg 500

joe817
Posts in topic: 28

Post by joe817 »

Done. Man I sure hope that its just really slow getting here. I don't really want to wait for this issue to get resolved and have to be put into another batch to sit and wait for a new license...
Last summer when DPS was just totally overwhelmed with applications, someone would get the notice on the website that an application was "complete/license active" and it would take 2 weeks to get it to them. Everyone wondered why, and no one could provide a reasonable explanation.

I thought it might be due to when the license is put in the envelope for mailing, it is then sent to the mail room, where it sat for several days before being mailed. So the license shows up in the computer as technically "issued" it still was, in fact, still sitting in the DPS mailing room. It's just a theory, and I've nothing to substantiate that theory. But to me it kinda makes sense.

I hope you get yours this week! :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

nbpp
Posts in topic: 10

Post by nbpp »

jmdevera wrote:
joe817 wrote:

Done.

Man I sure hope that its just really slow getting here. I don't really want to wait for this issue to get resolved and have to be put into another batch to sit and wait for a new license...
I haven't received mine either and I am in Austin. I imagine it was put in a big bag to go out to the post office and wasn't picked up until Friday or Today.
01/09/2010 - CHL Class
01/19/2010 - Hand delivered app to DPS
01/21/2010 - DPS cashed check
01/27/2010 - Recv'd PIN in mail : Processing Application
02/05/2010 - Application Complete - License issued
02/09/2010 - Plastic received

jmdevera

Post by jmdevera »

nbpp wrote:
jmdevera wrote:
joe817 wrote:

Done.

I haven't received mine either and I am in Austin. I imagine it was put in a big bag to go out to the post office and wasn't picked up until Friday or Today.
whoa you are in austin? thats aweful! ill just continue to be patient i guess :totap:

Ruger LCP
Ruger sr40c
Mossberg 500

Texas_Tactical
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Texas_Tactical »

My plastic finally came today!
:party:

I done my "wally walk" at Academy a few hours later, about to go post the details...

Sasnakra

Post by Sasnakra »

Guess it's time to get in line..... :???:
Would like to thank Phil and Cesare at T.C.C.I. in McKinney for a great class.
DPS sure seems to to be processing faster than just a few months ago (based upon what I have been reading here)!

:txflag:
02/20/10 - TX CHL Received
NRA & TSRA

rpecunia
Posts in topic: 48

Post by rpecunia »

congrats texas tactical - you make number 9 of the lucky minority of license holders/applicants in JAN2010 !!!

Beretta, Diamondback, Glock, Kahr, Remington, Ruger, Springfield, Smith & Wesson, Taurus, Walther

rpecunia

Post by rpecunia »

...and sasnakra - you'll be included in the next spreadsheet update...
Beretta, Diamondback, Glock, Kahr, Remington, Ruger, Springfield, Smith & Wesson, Taurus, Walther

Sasnakra

Post by Sasnakra »

rpecunia wrote:...and sasnakra - you'll be included in the next spreadsheet update...
I'm honored to be a part of your great looking spreadsheet.......however, will DPS take that into consideration in their processing time? "rlol"
02/20/10 - TX CHL Received
NRA & TSRA

nbpp

Post by nbpp »

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have plastic!!
:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :txflag:
01/09/2010 - CHL Class
01/19/2010 - Hand delivered app to DPS
01/21/2010 - DPS cashed check
01/27/2010 - Recv'd PIN in mail : Processing Application
02/05/2010 - Application Complete - License issued
02/09/2010 - Plastic received

rpecunia

Post by rpecunia »

nbpp wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, we have plastic!!
:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :txflag:
ok your RECORD, of 21 days turnaround time, inspired me to update the spreadsheet - CONGRATS nbpp !!!

nairb
Posts in topic: 9

Post by nairb »

Wow. Got home today and saw an envelope in the mail from Regulatory Licensing Service addressed to me. Knowing what it was I rushed inside and opened it. I pull out the plastic and....it has someone else name/picture on it :( Did anyone here receive the wrong ID today?

I guess I'll be heading up there tomorrow to hand this one in, who knows how long it will take to get mine after this screw up!

Ever heard of this happening before?
01/16/2010 - CHL class
01/19/2010 - Walked packet in
02/01/2010 - Received PIN via e-mail
02/05/2010 - Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
02/09/2010 - Wrong Plastic Received :(
02/10/2010 - submitted lost license form at DPS office
02/19/2010 - Plastic in hand

jmdevera

Post by jmdevera »

nairb wrote:Wow. Got home today and saw an envelope in the mail from Regulatory Licensing Service addressed to me. Knowing what it was I rushed inside and opened it. I pull out the plastic and....it has someone else name/picture on it :( Did anyone here receive the wrong ID today?

I guess I'll be heading up there tomorrow to hand this one in, who knows how long it will take to get mine after this screw up!

Ever heard of this happening before?
I have still yet to receive mine...can you pm me the name?

Ruger LCP
Ruger sr40c
Mossberg 500

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”