Re: loud music ticket haunting me

Post by Oldgringo »

:roll: {SIGH}

Topic author
cubbyjg
Posts in topic: 11

Post by cubbyjg »

Major bummer. I cant believe i cant get my CHL because of a stupid ticket for loud music.
Hook'em Horns!
Class of 2007

“I am actually for gun control. Use both hands." - Gov. Rick Perry

kidder014
Posts in topic: 3

Post by kidder014 »

I'm not sure of the differences in our situations, but I too received a noise ordinance violation ticket, and paid the fine, and it did not hinder my CHL in any way. Mine was filed as a city ordinance violation, class C.

EDIT to add: Mine was over 5 years prior to my CHL application, though. I just read that part of your original post. I guess if I had applied for the CHL sooner, I might've been in the same boat. Not sure... :confused5

Topic author
cubbyjg

Post by cubbyjg »

im asking my lawyer buddy to look into it for me. Hopefully it turns out well
Hook'em Horns!
Class of 2007

kidder014

Post by kidder014 »

So this got me thinking about mine. I just got off the phone with the court, and found out my charges were officially "city ordinance violation" with a fine of $300, so I don't think mine would've affected my CHL status. If your charges were specifically from Penal Code 42.01, then that may affect you differently.

Of course, IANAL and all this law stuff is just too confusing anyway. So is the use of affect vs effect, and I'm still not sure I got it right. :oops:

Topic author
cubbyjg

Post by cubbyjg »

Im on the phone with the courthouse and they said what they show in the system is Class C- stereo amplification in a motor vehicle and that i paid a fine of $125. As of right now, I do not think that falls under a Class C- disorderly conduct. Im on hold while the guy talks to the prosecutor.
Hook'em Horns!
Class of 2007

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Post by joe817 »

cubbyjg wrote:Im on the phone with the courthouse and they said what they show in the system is Class C- stereo amplification in a motor vehicle and that i paid a fine of $125. As of right now, I do not think that falls under a Class C- disorderly conduct. Im on hold while the guy talks to the prosecutor.
Keep us posted. If you do decide to apply for a CHL don't forget you will need a certified copy of the disposition of that Class C to send in with your application, and be sure to fully explain the event on paper.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

chabouk
Banned

Post by chabouk »

cubbyjg wrote:Im on the phone with the courthouse and they said what they show in the system is Class C- stereo amplification in a motor vehicle and that i paid a fine of $125. As of right now, I do not think that falls under a Class C- disorderly conduct. Im on hold while the guy talks to the prosecutor.
Municipal judge, "stereo amplification" (which isn't a state crime). This is going to turn out to be a municipal ordinance violation, which can't be higher than Class C.

Topic author
cubbyjg

Post by cubbyjg »

OK so the person that was helping me spoke with the judge and was told that no it is not a class c-disorderly conduct. Had i been charged with DC, it would show in the system as Disorderly conduct-riot, fighting, etc. This is a class c misdemeanor that falls in the city ordinance violation like Kidder stated. Im feeling good now. Regarding this disposition, will those instructions be provided once i receive the packet? Im filling out the application online.
Hook'em Horns!
Class of 2007

kidder014

Post by kidder014 »

Take this with a grain of salt. I'm merely repeating what I was told: I spoke with an officer friend of mine who said that a city ordinance violation such as this, for the purposes of "the system", are no different than basic traffic violations. While it probably wouldn't hurt to cover your bases and send in whatever info you have regarding this with your CHL app, I'm not sure it is necessary if it is a class c m and wasn't filed as a violation of Penal Code 42.01. Again, IANAL.

Topic author
cubbyjg

Post by cubbyjg »

yes, totally understand.
Hook'em Horns!
Class of 2007

lazypineapple

Post by lazypineapple »

i had a few run-ins with the law when I was younger,,no convictions , PI ticket, Criminal mischief. made restitution
my CHL class instructor recommended i go to the County Court house in the County I got in trouble in and ask for an an arrest record report.
cost me $ 5.00 i think.
nothing on my record. report was clean. :hurry:
CHL instructor recommended I right down all my bad deeds on my Application. and enclose the clean arrest report from the county, in the App. packet
I did and all went well recieved my CHL 90days later.
Good luck to ya

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”