TexasCHLforum Day at PSC? - RSVP

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

JLaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by JLaw »

Good news, a good friend of mine will attend. So please add one extra RSVP for JLaw, total of 2 attending.

Thank you for the opportunity!

JLaw

CaptDave
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CaptDave »

Hi Charles:

Put me down plus one or two additional shooters.
Let me know if I can help.

Dave
"An armed society is a polite society"

Scott Murray
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott Murray »

Please count me in. All the shooting sounds good. I'd also be interested in Steve's awareness seminar.

Scott

PWK
Posts in topic: 3

Post by PWK »

Looking forward to being there with my husband and two sons. Seminars sound great, help on techniques would be nice. Would love to help in any way, maybe food service?

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

PWK wrote:Looking forward to being there with my husband and two sons. Seminars sound great, help on techniques would be nice. Would love to help in any way, maybe food service?
We're still trying to decide how to handle the food. The group is going to be much larger than last year and that's great! We're used to running about 180 to 200 folks at the Texas State IDPA Championship, so I don't want anyone worrying that we'll be overloaded.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

UPDATE

Here is an update on the activities for the TexasCHLforum Day at PSC. We will run a series of seminars in the PSC “Blue Building� throughout the day from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. We will also have a combination of shooting clinics in the pistol bays and open shooting in the bays. The exact program is still being developed, but we have a great group of instructors and experienced shooters in the local area we hope to tap. Some folks have already volunteered.

Each seminar in the Blue Building will be offered once because of scheduling issues. The shooting clinics vary in length and some will be offered only once during the day, while others are short enough to be offered during two or more time slots. There will always be some pistol bays available for open shooting during seminars and shooting clinics. We will also have friendly competition on the Texas Stars throughout the day.

The topics currently being considered for the schedule are:

Seminars:
Awareness - Key to Survival (Steve Vandermolen)
Women & Guns - The Ladies’ Perspective (Donna Vandermolen)
Basic Firearms Safety [Perfect for young people and novices of all ages] (Gentine)
Deadly Force (Chp. 9) & Handling the Aftermath (Cotton)
Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance (Steve Vandermolen)
Reloading
CHL Fashion Show (a/k/a “How am I supposed to hide this thing?)

Shooting Clinics
Back to Basics - Shooting Fundamentals
Ladies Only! - Basis shooting skills
Kids & Guns - Straight talk and demonstrations for kids
Drawing (holster) & Shooting - Techniques and safety issues
IDPA Competition Shooting - Rules, techniques and practical application
Team Tactics - A partner can be an asset or a liability, it’s your choice.
Shooting on the move & moving targets - "He won't be still!"
Use of cover and concealment - Which is which and how to use each
Close Quarter Drills - Only inches apart and seconds to live
Malfunction Drills - Yes, everyone hates practicing these, but do it anyway!
Battlefield Pick-Ups - Learn how to operate guns that are unfamiliar to you

The time and bay assignments will be done much closer to Sept. 30, after the seminar and clinic topics are finalized. You’ll note that some of the shooting clinic topics are usually combined into one class. Our goal is to keep each clinic short (except the IDPA competition clinic) so people can focus on specific areas and skills, while providing them the flexibility to attend other seminars and clinics, or do some open shooting.

We haven’t decided if we are going to shut down for a lunch break, or simply have food available and allow people to stop for lunch when they choose.

Thanks for your interest and we hope a good time will be had by all.

Chas.

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jbirds1210 »

WOW :grin: This is going to be great! Thank you for organizing what is going to be a great experience for so many of us!
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

KinnyLee
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KinnyLee »

Sounds like a fun filled day! :shock: :shock:

Jeremae

Post by Jeremae »

I don't have final game schedule at this time for my son's football team but will try to come afterwards if there is a conflict. I will be more able to say if, when and how many people in another week or two. If at all possible I will be there with as many of my clan as possible(wife and 5 kids).
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

I'm in. I will have just finished a round of exams and this sounds like a great stress reliever. Plus, it falls on the only weekend this fall where I will not have the excuse of needing to study.

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 6

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Charles...

If all I do is work the pit (cook) most of the day, I'm absolutely ok with that...I really enjoy the chance to make sure I get to meet everyone who attends...

Food tends to draw folks in that way... :lol:

I can sneek into some of the classroom seminars in the blue building from time to time since its close to where we cook...

This event really is growing! I love it!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

Yall better start planning onother one of these for next yr. I am plenty hot that I ain't gonna be able to shoot that day. :grumble
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

HOSSISFREE

Post by HOSSISFREE »

I'm definitely in. There are a few seminars I am keenly interested in. As for guests, I plan on bringing my father and cousin. Three total here.

Looks like this is shaping up to be an event to remember. I'm looking forward to the seminars, and meeting the fine folks of the forum.

Hoss
..." it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." ~ Declaration of Independence!

j1132s
Posts in topic: 5

Post by j1132s »

When is the deadline to respond ?

I may be out of town Sept 30, just don't know for sure yet... so I'm not yet able to respond. I'd love to come and meet everybody

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

j1132s wrote:When is the deadline to respond ?

I may be out of town Sept 30, just don't know for sure yet... so I'm not yet able to respond. I'd love to come and meet everybody
There isn't a deadline, so come if you can. RSVP's are very helpful in giving us an idea how to handle the food, but I don't want anyone missing it because they couldn't RSVP.

Chas.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”