Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

joe817
Posts in topic: 128

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by joe817 »

Dan I also want to apologize. I certainly did not intend to insult you. Please do not leave for what I and USA1 have said.

We are the self appointed greeters and "jokers" and sometimes our attempt at humor isn't simply humorous. This is a great bunch of people to get to know.

Once again I apologize if you feel I insulted you, and I also apologize to the other forum members and to the Moderators.

Joe
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G.A. Heath »

Until now I have browsed this thread once in a while and never post, but Dan it looks like your in my neck of the woods (or lack thereof) and I would like to welcome you to the forums. I work in Seminole which is north of Andrews and would like to invite you to the range or prairie dog hunting with me tomorrow (sunday) morning if your free. I don't know which I will be doing until my hunting buddy gives me a call back. My email is gaheath@gaheath.com and my google voice number is 432-XXX-XXXX. Normally I'm not this open with people I don't know but I want to ensure you have a warm welcome. Anyway call, email, or PM me and I will do my best to make you feel welcome here and in my area. As for Gun stores we actually have two stocking dealers in Seminole. The first is K&W trading which is south of Seminole on the Andrews highway and the second is Brown's Ace Hardware in Seminole. We also have a few FFLs who do transfers as well. Give me a call and I will make sure someone is available to show you where any of them are.

NOTE: EDITED to remove my number due to harassing calls made by OCDO members, and to prevent future cases.
Last edited by G.A. Heath on Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

jman7659

Post by jman7659 »

joe817 wrote:Dan I also want to apologize. I certainly did not intend to insult you. Please do not leave for what I and USA1 have said.
We are the self appointed greeters and "jokers" and sometimes our attempt at humor isn't simply humorous. This is a great bunch of people to get to know.
Once again I apologize if you feel I insulted you, and I also apologize to the other forum members and to the Moderators.
Joe
:banghead: Doooo! I wonder if you could call that a miss fire? :clapping:
Hope Dan comes back, I'm sure just being forced to look for Hot Spots can be frustrating, let alone knowing he is going to have to send his laptop in for repair. Bummer. Well hopefully after he gets unpacked and had a chance to pop some cans, he will feel better.

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MadMonkey »

Guess I should introduce myself even though I've been around a couple of months ;-)

Male, 26 years old, single
Security officer
Got my CHL around Feb of this year I believe, I don't remember exactly. My brother and I took the class together and both scored 100% on the written and 249 on the qualification, so neither of us have bragging rights :lol: Well... I do actually because he never sent his paperwork in :banghead:

Current daily carry is a Beretta 96D Centurion in a generic leather hip holster. When I carry a backup it's my Beretta 948 in .22LR.

I have a friend who is selling me a Beretta PX4D in .40 S&W next month for a STEAL. I already have a Crossbreed Supertuck on order for it as of a few days ago. I'm excited because this 96D gets heavy after a while ;-)

I'm going to switch my backup soon too.. the 948 is a 1956 model and while it's extremely reliable and accurate, I'd rather not rely on it for CC duty. I'm probably switching to either an LCP or Micro Desert Eagle... need to fondle the latter a bit before I make a decision :biggrinjester:

I did pick up a nice 5.11 Tactical gun belt from GT Distributors yesterday... man what a difference from a typical belt!

Happy to be here though. Seems like a great bunch, I've already gotten a lot of good info already!
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

USA1
Posts in topic: 143

Post by USA1 »

MadMonkey wrote:
I did pick up a nice 5.11 Tactical gun belt from GT Distributors yesterday... man what a difference from a typical belt!
Welcome MadMonkey. :tiphat:

I didn't believe a good belt could make such a big difference until I got a 5.11 leather gun belt .
It really helps support the weight of the gun.

Also , the one I use has a hidden handcuff key holder built in , but I find it useful to keep a spare truck key
just in case I lock myself out.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

ExMarlboroMan
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

USA1 wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
Welcome MadMonkey. :tiphat:

I didn't believe a good belt could make such a big difference until I got a 5.11 leather gun belt .
It really helps support the weight of the gun.

Also , the one I use has a hidden handcuff key holder built in , but I find it useful to keep a spare truck key
just in case I lock myself out.
I'm good about locking myself out of the truck, A couple years ago I did it 3 times in one month! Since then i keep a spare in my wallet and my dad has one as well. I like the "handcuff key" pocket for storing an extra 100 dollar bill (or at least a 20).

I picked up a 5.11 leather belt at the Patton and 45 TOP BRASS a couple weeks ago to give me another option from the tactikool 5.11 operators belt. I have found that a good belt also keeps my pants up better during my daily work activities, which include a toolbelt attached to my pocket. It really makes a huge difference over a typical belt.
NRA Member
"Don't retreat, just reload!"- Sarah Palin
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

XD40SC

Post by XD40SC »

First time I've actually joined a forum. I tend to lurk a lot, usually looking for answers to questions. Let's see...

I'm a male, age 67. Been married to the same woman for 41 years. 2 grown children, 3 grandchildren.

I've flunked retirement twice. I'm an engineer in the offshore oil bidness, and I love it. Can't force myself to stay away from it. My wife retired from nursing at age 63 and wishes she had done it earlier.

I've had my CHL for about a year and a half. My son and I both got licenses after his wife was robbed at gunpoint in the parking lot of a local shopping mall. My father taught me to shoot when I was 7, though, and we started hunting when I was 10.

My carry gun is a SA XD40 sub-compact, hence the screen name. I carry it in a Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB holster, which I really like. There's a full-size XD40 in my nightstand, a Benelli 12-gauge behind the headboard, and a Bushmaster AR-15 in the closet. My wife's gun is another XD40SC. All are loaded. Needless to say, the bedroom is off limits to the grandchildren and they are never left alone in the house.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
XD40SC

"Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
~ Jorge Santayana

hheremtp

Post by hheremtp »

XD40SC wrote:First time I've actually joined a forum. I tend to lurk a lot, usually looking for answers to questions. Let's see...

I'm a male, age 67. Been married to the same woman for 41 years. 2 grown children, 3 grandchildren.

I've flunked retirement twice. I'm an engineer in the offshore oil bidness, and I love it. Can't force myself to stay away from it. My wife retired from nursing at age 63 and wishes she had done it earlier.

I've had my CHL for about a year and a half. My son and I both got licenses after his wife was robbed at gunpoint in the parking lot of a local shopping mall. My father taught me to shoot when I was 7, though, and we started hunting when I was 10.

My carry gun is a SA XD40 sub-compact, hence the screen name. I carry it in a Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB holster, which I really like. There's a full-size XD40 in my nightstand, a Benelli 12-gauge behind the headboard, and a Bushmaster AR-15 in the closet. My wife's gun is another XD40SC. All are loaded. Needless to say, the bedroom is off limits to the grandchildren and they are never left alone in the house.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
welcome to the forum, it's great to have you with us! :tiphat:
Steve

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Hi XD40SC welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us. There's a great bunch of gals & guys here to get to know.

I like your taste in guns. :tiphat:

What part of this great State do you hail from> :txflag:
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Welcome to the forum XD40SC. :tiphat:

I love your screen name. If you don't beleive me , just look at my signature line. :mrgreen:

martywj

Post by martywj »

New to the forum, so here's my info:

Male
CommTech working for large tel-communication company
Married 27 years
Just got it few weeks ago
District 58, Rep Robb Orr
Taurus PT140, Don Hume JIT Slide or Fobus paddle

Great-grandfather, Biker, member of Christian Motorcyclists Association. geo-cacher, fishermen

Marty
Marty

If I have to explain, you won't understand.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

martywj wrote:New to the forum
Welcome to the forum Marty , its great to have you with us . :tiphat:

joe817

Post by joe817 »

HI martywj, welcome to the forum! :tiphat:

I see you are from Burleson. Great! We can add another member to the North Texas Chapter of the TexasCHLforum.com group.
:smile: :thumbs2:
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

MasterofFajitas

Post by MasterofFajitas »

New guy here that is waiting on my CHL.

Male
Healthcare Consultant currently working to complete my Masters Degree
Married

Carry guns/equipment
Colt DS in .38 in an OWB Bianch 5BH.
October 19, 2009 Application Mailed
October 26, 2009 PIN issued
January 19, 2009 Application Completed - license issued
January 22, 2010 License In Hand

hheremtp

Post by hheremtp »

MasterofFajitas wrote:New guy here that is waiting on my CHL.

Male
Healthcare Consultant currently working to complete my Masters Degree
Married

Carry guns/equipment
Colt DS in .38 in an OWB Bianch 5BH.

Welcome! :tiphat: hope you enjoy it here. Don't be afraid to ask questions around here, we are all more than happy to help out our fellow CHL holders.
Steve

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”