thanks for the tip on the $159 H&R 12ga...

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 5

Re: thanks for the tip on the $159 H&R 12ga...

Post by seamusTX »

MadMonkey wrote:was this only in a certain area?
I don't know. I saw it in the flyer that was in the Galveston newspaper. Obviously the sale price was also available in Austin.

- Jim

ammo two
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ammo two »

seamusTX wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:was this only in a certain area?
I don't know. I saw it in the flyer that was in the Galveston newspaper. Obviously the sale price was also available in Austin.

- Jim
Available in Temple too. Here is the link to their weekly on-line flyer, it is listed on the first page. Hope this helps.

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=c ... FromHEADER

RiverCity.45

Post by RiverCity.45 »

And the San Antonio area. $189 is their regular price, BTW.
9/21/09 - Received license
"Nothing is so dangerous as an idea when it is the only one you have." - Emile Chartier

ammo two

Post by ammo two »

The Temple store had ran out of them, however they got 8 more in today. It sseems they are selling pretty quickly. There are now 7 left.... :cheers2:

Just finished cleaning it. Can't wait to take Mrs Ammo Two out to put the shotty through it's paces. This will be her first time firing a shotgun.

Topic author
mr.72
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mr.72 »

I gave mine a cursory cleaning and coating with CLP then took it to the range. I think I only put about 10 or 15 rounds through it, it's about all the pounding my shoulder was up for.

It's a blast to shoot, pardon the pun. I like it just fine. No problems at all but it's just 10 or 15 rounds.

Brought it home and cleaned it a little more thoroughly. A lot of gunk in the barrel compared with a pistol that's had 200 rounds through it, but I guess that's what happens with unplated lead shot.

The parkerizing is thin and seems to scratch readily, and I was wiping little bits of rust off of it everywhere while cleaning it, but I think a good coating of CLP will hold the rust at bay and make it work just fine.

So far, this is a real winner for $159 :thumbs2:
non-conformist CHL holder

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

mr.72 wrote:I think I only put about 10 or 15 rounds through it, it's about all the pounding my shoulder was up for.
Do you know how to mount the buttstock in the pocket of your pectoral muscle?

I don't mean to ask this in a condescending way. It's something that must be taught in hands-on if you aren't lucky enough to figure it out by accident.
The parkerizing is thin and seems to scratch readily, and I was wiping little bits of rust off of it everywhere while cleaning it, but I think a good coating of CLP will hold the rust at bay and make it work just fine.
I use Johnson paste wax, which is actually furniture polish. You could probably use car wax.

Ugly works just as well as a $1,000 British or Italian shotgun.

- Jim

A-R

Post by A-R »

mr.72 wrote:Brought it home and cleaned it a little more thoroughly. A lot of gunk in the barrel compared with a pistol that's had 200 rounds through it, but I guess that's what happens with unplated lead shot.
Could also possibly be burned plastic from the "wad" that forces the lead shot out of the tube. My field gun gets some of this gunk caked on the inside of the barrel after a long afternoon of ridding the sky of those pesky bright orange clay pigeons.
mr.72 wrote:The parkerizing is thin and seems to scratch readily, and I was wiping little bits of rust off of it everywhere while cleaning it, but I think a good coating of CLP will hold the rust at bay and make it work just fine.
You might try "Mili Tec". It's pricey, but a little goes a long way and it has worked wonders to prevent rust on my guns. LEO friend told me about it. Something about Mili Tec is supposed to bond with and impregnate the metal itself or something. Touted as "the solution" for ARs. But I've started using it as a general oil coating on all my guns. Still use CLP too, especially for the moving parts, but this Mili Tec works great as a general purpose metal "conditioner" for the parts that come in constant contact with your skin.

http://www.militec.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=4375 ... oz__Bottle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 4

Post by MadMonkey »

I couldn't help it, I went ahead and bought one last night. I was incorrect about my gift card... it actually had $100 on it, not $50 :hurry:

Good looking gun. I'll be ordering a stock soon :anamatedbanana
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

.380ppks
Posts in topic: 1

Post by .380ppks »

I also purchased one from the Academy in Arlington. Took longer then a lunch break to complete the transaction. Appears to be a full choke barrel. Definitely like the sound made when jacking a round in/out. Attention getter to put it mildly. RG :patriot:

baseballguy2001

Post by baseballguy2001 »

Hey .380 --

Did the Arlington Academy have any left? I was thinking of going down there Sunday afternoon.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

I'm starting to think Academy owes me for referrals. I've spent enough there on ammo.

The sale prices probably end today.

- Jim

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 4

Post by MadMonkey »

Sorry to bump an older thread, but I thought someone might like to see how this shotgun turned out with an 870 Speedfeed stock:

Lousy pic I know.

The stock fits just about perfectly... I didn't modify it at ALL but it's possible that a little trimming on the inside could help it just a bit. As it is it's very sturdy and feels great.

I still haven't had a chance to shoot the shotgun but I might this weekend :hurry:
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Max100

Post by Max100 »

The Pardner Pump & Hawk 982 both made by Hawk Ind in China. They are the same shotgun with a different style receivers and the 982 has ghost ring sights. Both are a heck of a deal.

They have all machined parts, no MIM parts like you find on the 870 Express. All 870 accessories and parts will fit except the barrels. The barrel rings are in different locations on the barrels. H&R carries extra barrels when they aren't out of stock.

I own both Hawk 982 & Pardner Protector. They are my favorite utility pump guns.

Picture of the Hawk 982 with a after market 7+1 tube extension. It will also fit the Pardner Protector.

Good link on both shotguns:
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/sho ... p?t=322578" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GC

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”