Delay: "Disposition information"

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

koolaid
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Delay: "Disposition information"

Post by koolaid »

seamusTX wrote:A problem with the Texas CHL law is that NICS did not exist when it was passed. The CHL law went into effect in 1995. NICS was rolled out in 1998.

Some reform of the Texas background checks should be on the agenda for the next legislative session.

Whether that will happen depends upon how much financial support the TSRA PAC receives in the next year and a half (hint, hint).

- Jim
Yes, I suppose that only left them with six legislative sessions to update it... :txflag:

On that note, TSRA does a great job and I'm glad we have them around.
01/02/2010 - Plastic

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 4

Post by seamusTX »

Another problem is that people reach age 30, 40, 50, or 60 and decide to get a CHL. They find out that it is not always a pleasant, easy, quick, or cheap process. They gripe. Then they get the plastic and forget about it.

The total number of CHL holders (maybe approaching 400,000 now) is a small fraction of the population. It is spread all over the state and not a voting bloc.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Topic author
ferretray
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ferretray »

seamusTX wrote:Another problem is that people reach age 30, 40, 50, or 60 and decide to get a CHL. They find out that it is not always a pleasant, easy, quick, or cheap process. They gripe. Then they get the plastic and forget about it.

The total number of CHL holders (maybe approaching 400,000 now) is a small fraction of the population. It is spread all over the state and not a voting bloc.

- Jim
Well, it should be less of a hassle/cost. Bureaucratic bull is just that. Especially for something that is a violation of the spirit of the 2nd Amendment to begin with.
So yeah, I'll gripe.
I'll be renewing my Florida CHL.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”