ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 36

Re: ammo on sale

Post by Mike1951 »

It's just a couple of personal observations, so may not hold 100%.

Sunday afternoon deals used to be very common. Now we joke about having a dealer's inventory almost memorized from show to show.

I watched a smaller dealer turn down an offer $10 less than his $200 price on a S&W model 10 copy. Then I took pleasure in seeing the same gun on his table at every show for more than 6 months. I assume he must have finally gotten his $200.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

ExMarlboroMan
Posts in topic: 18

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

Wish i could have made it to the GRB show today, instead i went to the zoo with the family. While at the zoo i looked for 30.06 signs but didn't see any and i even had the wifey looking as well. I would go to the sunday show tommorow but i am stuck at home with the kids while she is gone to A&M for SAR practice, besides I'm gun poor right now any ways lol.
NRA Member
"Don't retreat, just reload!"- Sarah Palin
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

roberts
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by roberts »

I saw a bunch of Federal 9 and 40 at Walmart this week. 9 was under $10 and 40 was under $14 for a box of 50. Cheaper than Monarch at Academy. :evil2:
THE SECOND AMENDMENT IS NOT ABOUT DUCK HUNTING

garcia946
Posts in topic: 30

Post by garcia946 »

Saw a buch of .40 at local walmarts , they told me that they had 9mm but it goes fast
NRA Instructor/RSO
Glock 27 .40 , Sig P229 .40
Right To Carry CHL

Tireshred
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Tireshred »

Kevinf2349 wrote:Sports Authority at 646 and I45 has WWB 100 count 9mm, 38 Special and lots of 40 S&W however.......

I will never shop there for ammunition again. I was allowed to walk unaccompanied through the store to the checkout, then I was asked for Id (presumably to check for my DOB. Then I was asked to sign for the ammunition! Last time I bought some shotgun slug there (admittedly a couple of months ago) I didn't have to show or sign anything.

Is this a new 'rule'? If it is....I don't like it, not one little bit. :nono: :mad5

I stopped at Target in Kemah this weekend to grab some supplies, including a 6 pack of Ziegen Bock, the cashier asked to see my drivers license, I haven’t been carded in years but thought what the heck, I handed it to her and she started to “swipe” it. I said “whoa lady, what are you doing?”. She said it was policy and tried to swipe it, I grabbed it from her and told her to keep the beer, I don’t need big brother knowing what I buy. George Orwell was right, but off by a couple of decades.

On the ammo front, GRB had lots, I grabbed a case (2,000 rds) of 5.7 for $650, after I bought it the lady said her supplier told her it was going up $400 a case. I guess the fear is the goverment will ban it. I just like shooting the PS90 and needed it.
"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Kevinf2349 »

Guess what I snagged today?

2 x 100 rounds of WWB .....wait for this...... .380 ammo at Kemah Wally World. :anamatedbanana :thewave :anamatedbanana :hurry:

$34 per box but still half the price of the stuff I saw at the Pasadena Gun Show. :thumbs2:
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

joe817
Posts in topic: 92

Post by joe817 »

Wow! Quick! Take a picture of it before it disappears! Congrats. :clapping: :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

ExMarlboroMan

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

Kevinf2349 wrote:Guess what I snagged today?

2 x 100 rounds of WWB .....wait for this...... .380 ammo at Kemah Wally World. :anamatedbanana :thewave :anamatedbanana :hurry:

$34 per box but still half the price of the stuff I saw at the Pasadena Gun Show. :thumbs2:
Wow good score!

What time did you go in there and find it on the shelf?
NRA Member
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

Kevinf2349

Post by Kevinf2349 »

Yep.

It was in the case. The guy at the desk said "I have got some ammo for you!" ..... I go in there quite a lot as it is on my way to work.

Apparently they got 4 100 round boxes this morning. The 2 I got were the last ones and that was at 1pm this afternoon.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I have been in there and come out empty handed.

They had .45 JHP lots of .40 SW and a few Federal 9mm.

04/24/09 - CHL Class

NRA & TSRA Member

ExMarlboroMan

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

Kevinf2349 wrote:Yep.

It was in the case. The guy at the desk said "I have got some ammo for you!" ..... I go in there quite a lot as it is on my way to work.

Apparently they got 4 100 round boxes this morning. The 2 I got were the last ones and that was at 1pm this afternoon.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I have been in there and come out empty handed.

They had .45 JHP lots of .40 SW and a few Federal 9mm.
Man it sounds like they got the load of the month. I wish i coulda made it by there, 9mm is hard to find at WW and .45 has been non existent!

:tiphat:
NRA Member

Kevinf2349

Post by Kevinf2349 »

:iagree: I got some 45 and some 9 at Wally World on 646 and I-45 on Friday so my search is over for a while.

You may want to try T's in Texas City, he had 45 last week.

04/24/09 - CHL Class

NRA & TSRA Member

A-R
Posts in topic: 5

Post by A-R »

Anyone still need .380? Been noticing last few days on Cabelas web site a link to "bulk .380" for sale ...

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... ale*110609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JRG
Posts in topic: 25

Post by JRG »

Found some .380 at B&S Guns in Garland, but did not buy it because it was just no name wadcutters and it was $39.99 per 50. The old guy at the local Walmart says they get WWB in .380 about once every two weeks, but usually the shipment is only 1 case and it is gone by noon. They did have some 9mm in WWB for $13.99 but I've got probably 1000 rounds right now so I didn't buy any more.

Joe

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NcongruNt »

austinrealtor wrote:Anyone still need .380? Been noticing last few days on Cabelas web site a link to "bulk .380" for sale ...

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... ale*110609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I wish it weren't steel-cased. A good find though. I'm going to have to think about this one for a few days. I bought my future FIL a Bersa Thunder .380 for Christmas and need to run a few hundred rounds through it first to check its reliability. Ammo is non-existant these days, so I may have to go with this to get it ready by Christmas.

Thanks for the tip!
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Pete92FS
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Pete92FS »

NcongruNt wrote:
austinrealtor wrote:Anyone still need .380? Been noticing last few days on Cabelas web site a link to "bulk .380" for sale ...

I wish it weren't steel-cased. A good find though. I'm going to have to think about this one for a few days. I bought my future FIL a Bersa Thunder .380 for Christmas and need to run a few hundred rounds through it first to check its reliability. Ammo is non-existant these days, so I may have to go with this to get it ready by Christmas.

Thanks for the tip!
Good luck finding a place to shoot the steel cased. The ranges here in Houston I go to will only accept brass.
CHL since 01/26/09

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”