Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

ExMarlboroMan
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

I really love the CDP 2 ! Those pics are like pron for me! I want one!!!

And XD45= That is one sweeeeet 1911! I would love to have something like that for home defense or in an open carry situation. A tactical rail to mount a light on would make it perfect for me for that situation. It is a nice peice of work! :anamatedbanana
NRA Member
"Don't retreat, just reload!"- Sarah Palin
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

Thanks I appreciate the compliments!

Tireshred
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Tireshred »

I just bought this, a Taurus PT 709 Slim, the Academy also had the .380 and Hornaday, I took a pic to make my friends jealous :hurry: I bought it for those days when a 45 is too big, the Slim is 9mm and is the smallest I feel comfortable carrying. After initiall testing, I had to move the sights all the way to one side and accuracy isn't all that great, but it's ok and it ate 2 different kinds of self defense and 2 different range rounds with no malfunctions. I found a Fobus Glock 19 Compact Paddle Holster fits it perfectly.

"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Kevinf2349 »

Now wait a cotton picking minute here....a new gun, Hornady ammo and 380 in the same shopping trip? You should buy a lottery ticket! "rlol"

We looked at the Taurus this evening but landed on the Ruger LCP.

Was this the Academy in Webster on I-45?
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

joe817
Posts in topic: 19

Post by joe817 »

Wow! So THAT'S what a box of WWB .380 looks like! :shock: I've never seen one before. :oops:

How much was it?
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Tireshred
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Tireshred »

Kevinf2349 wrote:Now wait a cotton picking minute here....a new gun, Hornady ammo and 380 in the same shopping trip? You should buy a lottery ticket! "rlol"

We looked at the Taurus this evening but landed on the Ruger LCP.

Was this the Academy in Webster on I-45?
That's just what the guy behind the counter said! Buy a lotto ticket! He had just unloaded a truck and it had the 380, Hornaday and Slim on it, only the 380 was on the shelf, it pays to ask! It was the Pearland Academy. The 380 eas $33, the Slim was $379 and the Hornaday was $24.
"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

webb3201
Posts in topic: 11

Post by webb3201 »

I have a rotation...will try to get to only one at some point. I actually have 2 Sig 239s, the one pictured in .357 and a 9mm for the range. The others in the rotation are a Kimber CDP , and a Glock 26. I use the Crossbreed Supertuck exclusively.
kimber.jpg
trips.jpg
07/25/2009 - Online application complete
08/16/2009 - CHL Class
08/19/2009 - CHL Application Mailed
08/24/2009 - Application Received
09/21/2009 - CHL application processing
11/04/2009 - Application Approved
11/06/2009 - Plastic in hand

nmartine
Posts in topic: 9

Post by nmartine »

Nice Sigs. I'm in the market for a new carry piece. I haven't seen anyone carrying Beretta's PX4 sub compact, any reason why? I love the full size have it in a 9mm. After reading about the PT111 drop incident I really don't feel comfortable carrying my PT140 anymore.
CCW:
Beretta PX4 SC 9MM
Bersa Thunder .380
Keltec PF-9

williamkevin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by williamkevin »

Here's my wife TLynn and her carry setup, a Taurus PT-111 Mil-Pro in a DeSantis leather slide. :thumbs2:

joe817
Posts in topic: 19

Post by joe817 »

Great conceal Mrs. williamkevin! And not a bad gun either! :clapping: :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TLynnHughes »

joe817 wrote:Great conceal Mrs. williamkevin! And not a bad gun either! :clapping: :thumbs2:
Thank you, Sir! I adore my little Taurus. I just have to be careful not to drop it.... :roll:

I actually did the Wally Walk today. This was the first day I've actually carried in public. It was uneventful except that I found a cross body purse for when I'm wearing clothes that won't conceal AND we bought the last six boxes of WWB in 9mm. The ammo was an unexpected surprise! :anamatedbanana

I have to commend CompVest too. She's the one that taught me that belt OVER the pancake holster (rather than behind it) trick to pull it really tight to your body.

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

ExMarlboroMan
Posts in topic: 7

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

TLynn - Hows the draw with that setup?
NRA Member
"Don't retreat, just reload!"- Sarah Palin
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

USA1
Posts in topic: 60

Post by USA1 »

TLynnHughes wrote:
I have to commend CompVest too. She's the one that taught me that belt OVER the pancake holster (rather than behind it) trick to pull it really tight to your body.
Great tip TLynn and Compvest . I'm gonna have to give that a try and see how it does.

BTW , You mentioned the Wally Walk was uneventful . That's the way we like it . ;-)
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

ExMarlboroMan wrote:TLynn - Hows the draw with that setup?

Quite nice actually. The belt holds the holster more securely so it doesn't even try to pull up when I'm drawing the gun.

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

USA1 wrote: Great tip TLynn and Compvest . I'm gonna have to give that a try and see how it does.

BTW , You mentioned the Wally Walk was uneventful . That's the way we like it . ;-)
Absolutely! A uneventful first time out really put me at ease about carrying all the time. ;-)

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”