Dog shooter of the week

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Dog shooter of the week

Post by Oldgringo »

I guess if one is into shooting dogs, one's own or someone else's; one should do it out in the country. Otherwise, one should be prepared to face the consequences. :rules:

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 66

Post by seamusTX »

And don't forget the shovel.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Wow, they're coming fast and furious.

A dog belonging to a woman in Davidson County, North Carolina, came home with a gunshot wound. Police followed the blood trail to a home where a man was eventually arrested and charged with "Possession of firearm by Felon, Manufacture Marijuana, Felony Cruelty to Animals."

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/arti ... 4&catid=57" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Handsome fellow.

- Jim

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

In Blauvelt State Park, southeastern New York, last week, a man was walking his Siberian husky in the woods when the dog cried out in pain. The dog had been shot through with an arrow and died shortly after.

Police found evidence that the dog had been shot from a stand, in an area where hunting is prohibited.

No suspect has been identified.

http://www.lohud.com/article/2009910270364" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Too bad he didn't have one of these:
dogvest.jpg
dogvest.jpg (1.59 KiB) Viewed 1035 times
- Jim

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

seamusTX wrote:In Blauvelt State Park, southeastern New York, last week, a man was walking his Siberian husky in the woods when the dog cried out in pain. The dog had been shot through with an arrow and died shortly after.

Police found evidence that the dog had been shot from a stand, in an area where hunting is prohibited.

No suspect has been identified.

http://www.lohud.com/article/2009910270364" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Too bad he didn't have one of these:
dogvest.jpg
- Jim
A sick so & so who would do something like this should be drawn and quartered on network TV. :mad5

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

It may have been an accident if the hunter thought the dog was a coyote, but it was inexcusable.

Rule 3.

- Jim

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I'm trying to think of the last time I saw, or heard of, anyone taking their coyote for a walk?

I can't abide :mad5 cruelty to animals! The evildoer/s should receive no less than they gave...on network TV.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

When I was in my late teens my sister had a 175 lb Great Dane. He was a fantastic dog. He was out on his tie-down one night to do his business in the yard and broke his tie-off rope. He would usually wander a little when that happened but not too far. He was gone for about an hour when my brother-in-law got a call from one of the other police officers on the department. The police had been called by a neighbor who had seen two guys using her hose to wash blood off of her driveway and they tracked the blood trail. They found the Dane in a carport of a home about 4 blocks away and recognized the Dane as my BIL's. The dog had been shot with an arrow. :mad5

My brother-in-law called me and I met him in the neighborhood. The dog wouldn't let anyone near him until we got there. We took him to the vet, but he had lost a lot of blood, never pulled out of the shock to the body and died the next morning. :sad:

The police were able to track back the blood trail and determine where the dog was shot. That along with the description of the guys from the lady nailed the two guys. They finally confessed they had been drinking and saw a fawn colored animal in the dark behind the houses in the edge of the woods. They thought it was a deer and shot at it with a hunting bow. The two were charged with with animal cruelty and attempting to take a deer out of season. They ended up pleading guilty and just had to pay fines and lose hunting license privileges. :banghead:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

That's a shame. They didn't have to pay restitution?

Here we go again:

In Willmar, Minnesota, Saturday, a man allegedly shot nine puppies that belonged to a renter of his property. He also allegedly pointed a firearm at a man during an argument over the puppies.

http://www.wctrib.com/event/article/id/59181/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nobody looks good in their mug shot, but...

P.S.: Fixed image.

- Jim
Last edited by seamusTX on Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

seamusTX wrote:That's a shame. They didn't have to pay restitution?
No. My sister and brother-in-law talked about filing a civil suit, but the guys were not very well off financially and figured it would be like getting blood out of turnips and a long and costly process, so they just dropped it. :grumble
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

dicion
Posts in topic: 5

Post by dicion »

I think this thread should be renamed 'Dog Shooter of the Day', as it seems we get one or more just about Daily...

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

This has been a rough week, but I think it averages to about one a week.

BTW, I don't post every dog shooting that I become aware of, just the ones with odd circumstances.

- Jim

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

I wrote:In Blauvelt State Park, southeastern New York, last week, a man was walking his Siberian husky in the woods when the dog cried out in pain. The dog had been shot through with an arrow and died shortly after.
Busted: http://www.lohud.com/article/20091031/N ... ow-in-park" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim

dicion
Posts in topic: 5

Post by dicion »

seamusTX wrote:
I wrote:In Blauvelt State Park, southeastern New York, last week, a man was walking his Siberian husky in the woods when the dog cried out in pain. The dog had been shot through with an arrow and died shortly after.
Busted: http://www.lohud.com/article/20091031/N ... ow-in-park" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim
Not saying what the hunter did wasn't wrong, it was, but seriously, can't we get ONE story without a 'save the children' angle?
"It's dangerous behavior and could have been a child very easily,"
Yes.. a child would be off running by itself, in the middle of the woods, and be mistaken for a coyote.... :roll:
Hunting of any kind is banned in all village, town, county and state parks in Rockland
Why? They give no reason for this at all.

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

dicion wrote:
Hunting of any kind is banned in all village, town, county and state parks in Rockland
Why? They give no reason for this at all.
I don't know of any park where hunting is allowed, and certainly not close to residences.

The reason is specifically to prevent incidents like this. There are enough stupid, careless hunters to make hunting incompatible with other recreational activities.

- Jim

Return to “Off-Topic”