Pics of your reloading area

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bpet
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Pics of your reloading area

Post by bpet »

Sure!

I'm thinking maybe a little MSNBC or CNN? Come on now, the truth shall set you free! :biggrinjester:
"Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail!" (Borrowed from an anonymous donor)

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

PBratton wrote:Just getting things set up, but here's what I've got:
100_1560.JPG
I'm jealous; you have a Coke machine in your reloading room. I'd love to have one of the old machines.

Chas.

PBratton
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PBratton »

bpet wrote:
PBratton wrote:Just getting things set up, but here's what I've got:
100_1560.JPG

Plenty of room, plenty of sturdy! Looks like a ton of potential.

Shelves over the bench would make a nice place for some lighting and as things heat up this summer, you've got cold cokes handy! ;-)
Yup, I was getting around to some pegboard I think...

And the coke machine? Yea, just never have a quarter when you need it.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I guess I am the poor boy out of the bunch. I have a 6X8 room in the garage.
One side

The corner where the work goes on.

Other side is storage & the work bench for cleaning, sorting brass, & what ever
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

CDH
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CDH »

Mine is way too messy to publish... :oops: :oops: plus it does triple duty for everyday workbench duties and is the 'clean' half of my knife making area.
No damage control is ever as good as prevention.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I recently bought all my equipment, but I haven't set any of it up yet. But lacking a specific place to do it for now, I bought one of these from Midway:
Its a Frankford Arsenal Portable Reloading Stand
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

That is actually quite sufficient. We had one of these threads a couple of yrs ago & one of the BEST reloaders on the board uses a stand about like that but he made his yrs ago. Sits on cution bucket from Cabellas best I remember. Single stage RCBS.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

longtooth wrote:That is actually quite sufficient. We had one of these threads a couple of yrs ago & one of the BEST reloaders on the board uses a stand about like that but he made his yrs ago. Sits on cution bucket from Cabellas best I remember. Single stage RCBS.
LT, if you mean Marty, Crossfire's husband, he's the one who suggested it to me because he uses one himself.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

shooter4

Post by shooter4 »

here is part of the reloading closet. The cleaning part for brass is in the garage.
Attachments
reload 1.jpeg
reload 1.jpeg (5.4 KiB) Viewed 2526 times

mgood

Post by mgood »

gmckinl wrote:This is the reloading bench/cabinet I built several years ago. It works very well. While somewhat plain in styling, it is at least not ugly. I always meant to top it off with some crown molding or some kind of hardwood trim, but I just never got around to it.

This is the exterior, doors closed

This is the interior, both upper section and lower section lights are switched on

Upper section

Lower section

Lower section, details of leg/surface support

Upper section, details, storage shelf support

IIRC, some of the construction details.
• Built from 3 sheets of ¾ in particle board. This allowed me to put in all the screw holes I wanted without concern as they were easily covered during finishing
• Used 3 or 4 2x4 for the framing. The legs are doubled, glued, and screwed, one is 3.5 in shorter to form a rabbit to support the work surface frame, wood-on-wood
• Work surface is laminated from ¾ and ½ marine plywood (very hard wood) as it is something I had on hand. It’s covered in a maple finish Formica.
• About 3 pounds of screws were used in the construction. I wanted everything heavily glued and screwed into place.
• Double wheeled locking casters allow it to be moved, but it still isn’t easy as it weighs several hundred pounds
• Outlet strip provides power to external open section for a TV, there is also an antenna jack wall plate up there to allow connection to antenna/cable.
• Interior finish is epoxy paint
• Exterior finish is Formica in… wait a minute… wait for it… Winchester Walnut :lol:
• Upper section shelves are adjustable via brackets
• Lower section shelves are fixed.

Hope this gives you another idea. :fire
Oooh, I like! :thumbs2:
Apartment life has made me reluctant to set up a reloading bench.
But now that I've gotten into competitive pistol shooting, I really need to reload to cut down on ammo costs.
I need something compact, unobtrusive, and not too terribly difficult to move to another apartment.
A cabinet like yours, which closes up and serves other purposes, like for the TV on top is just the sort of idea I've been looking for. My apartment has a small second bedroom that I use for a computer room and music room. I've got a TV table thingy that could be replaced with a cabinet like that. Thanks for the inspiration.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
longtooth wrote:That is actually quite sufficient. We had one of these threads a couple of yrs ago & one of the BEST reloaders on the board uses a stand about like that but he made his yrs ago. Sits on cution bucket from Cabellas best I remember. Single stage RCBS.
LT, if you mean Marty, Crossfire's husband, he's the one who suggested it to me because he uses one himself.
He is the one. Great guy & if you need loading help he is the best I know. Man I wish he would post some on here. He is great to visit w/.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Here's a pic of mine in the corner of the shop.

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

AggieMM

Post by AggieMM »

The OP was talking about a garage setup. I had very limited space, so I had to make my own to fit the area (click images to view):

Here was my available corner:

Construction:
Image Image Image Image

Finished:

Ryan

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

Well, just got my reloading rig set up tonight. It's in a little corner of what I call "the cat room", which houses the cat box and cat tree and serves as an office and storage area as well. I got a Lee 50th Anniversary Kit, which has the Breech Lock Challenger single-stage press, along with most of the other necessary stuff for reloading.

I've got a wedding coming up, so I'm not allowed to spend any significant money on a bench. My future Father-in-Law got me a table out of a Chick-Fil-A that was getting rid of them. The table is 22"x24". To sturdy it up, have a couple of 18" 2x4 boards screwed together (one flat against the wall, the other flat under the tabletop, on top of the first one) and screwed to a stud in the wall, with the table is bolted to the top board. It's quite sturdy and immovable this way. I mounted a couple of shelves on the wall to hold my brass jars, components, and other reloading stuff. Do I win the prize for tiniest reloading setup? :mrgreen:

I got right to work and decapped/sized/primed 100 cases tonight. I hope to have my first batch of loaded ammo by the end of the weekend. Here's the photo:

NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Return to “Reloading Forum”