Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

mgood
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Post by mgood »

Kevinf2349 wrote:
mgood wrote: Image
Lovely gun. I like it. First dibs on if you sell it please :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Thanks.
I plan to keep that one for a long time. I drooled over the magazine adds and catalogs for a couple years before I finally ordered one. Planned the Lasergrips from the beginning and ordered the short safety to clear them when I ordered the gun. Finally got my Lasergrips. I open-carried that pistol every day for months when I worked at the gun store though I bought it for concealed carry (thus the 3" barrel). I've used it in USPSA pistol competition in Single Stack division against full-size, steel-frame 1911s. I got it in February and have put about 1000 round through it. She's a keeper.

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Kevinf2349 »

Guess that means I won't be getting it any time soon huh? :smilelol5:

It is a lovely looking gun though. Thanks for showing it. Mine aren't anything special to look at, but they are functional. :fire

:tiphat:
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

mgood

Post by mgood »

Kevinf2349 wrote:Mine aren't anything special to look at, but they are functional. :fire
If it gives you complete confidence that it will go "BANG" when you pull the trigger and put a hole more or less where you're aiming, that's what's important.
A pretty gun for concealed carry is really a weird concept when you think about it. No one's supposed to see it, so what's it matter what it looks like?
I ordered that one because it had the features I wanted in a carry 1911, not because of the looks. But I planned on the Lasergrips from the beginning. As I got used to looking at the CDP with the rosewood grips (something I'd never cared one way or another about in the past), I started thinking that it would be a shame to replace the pretty wood grips with black or gray plastic Lasergrips. But form follows function, and I was determined. Then Crimson Trace came out with the "Burlwood" Lasergrips and I was sold on them.

Same pistol, New pics:

Belt and Compact Undercover holster from Kirkpatrick Leather
disappears nicely under a light jacket or loose shirt/sweatshirt.
For deeper concealment, I have The Answer from Tucker Gunleather.

For all those guys who think they can't conceal a 1911, I'm 5' 7" and thought I was fat when I hit 170 pounds. I now weigh about 195. :???:
ImageImage
ImageImage

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mgood wrote:For all those guys who think they can't conceal a 1911, I'm 5' 7" and thought I was fat when I hit 170 pounds. I now weigh about 195. :???:
My butt weighs more than that. :shock:

That said, my daily carry is an Ultra Carry II, and it is extraordinarily easy to conceal.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill
Posts in topic: 15

Post by WildBill »

mgood wrote:A pretty gun for concealed carry is really a weird concept when you think about it. No one's supposed to see it, so what's it matter what it looks like?
What about having a Sharkskin IWB holster to carry the pretty gun?
NRA Endowment Member

USA1
Posts in topic: 60

Post by USA1 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
mgood wrote:For all those guys who think they can't conceal a 1911, I'm 5' 7" and thought I was fat when I hit 170 pounds. I now weigh about 195. :???:
My butt weighs more than that. :shock:
"rlol" :smilelol5: :lol::
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

joe817
Posts in topic: 19

Post by joe817 »

Unbelievable concealment pics mgood! I'm truly impressed. :thumbs2: T totally invisible.

I guess I'm gonna have to gain about 45 or 50 pounds to be able to conceal that well. :???:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

longtooth
Posts in topic: 64

Post by longtooth »

WildBill wrote:
mgood wrote:A pretty gun for concealed carry is really a weird concept when you think about it. No one's supposed to see it, so what's it matter what it looks like?
What about having a Sharkskin IWB holster to carry the pretty gun?
Heey Wild Bill,
I resemble that remark. I have a Shark holster from 5-Shot Leather. It is OWB & I did not buy it new though. Good shooter sack & comfortable to boot. I have 2 retention holsters & that is one. :thumbs2:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

CompVest
Posts in topic: 6

Post by CompVest »

I call pretty guns "man jewelery". Guys, you can feel free to use this on your wives when they question your buying a higher priced gun. Just say you are buying "man jewelery".
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

joe817
Posts in topic: 19

Post by joe817 »

CompVest wrote:I call pretty guns "man jewelery". Guys, you can feel free to use this on your wives when they question your buying a higher priced gun. Just say you are buying "man jewelery".
Ohhhh I LIKE that one CV! Thanks! :tiphat: :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

HOSSISFREE
Posts in topic: 7

Post by HOSSISFREE »

My first wheel gun...

Smith & Wesson 438 Airweight Bodyguard .38 special +p with Pachmayr grip. The original was just too small.
I like the shrouded hammer, so you can do double or single action, but not snag the hammer on anything.

Still looking for a good holster.

Of course, I still have the Kimber Tactical Ultra

Hoss
..." it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." ~ Declaration of Independence!

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

This is my Springfield Armory 1911 Mil-Spec (first 1911...fell in love). Just got her back from her first trip to the gun doc. The below products were added...
-Ed Brown Mainspring Housing Flat with Drop-In Maxi-Well 1911 Government, Commander Snakeskin Stainless Steel
-Ed Brown Match Grade Commander-Style Lightweight Hardcore Hammer 1911 Stainless Steel
-Ed Brown Beavertail Grip Safety with Memory Groove 1911 Series 70, 80 Stainless Steel

It isnt done yet. Gonna add new trigger, extended thumb safety and different rear sights. I must say that it shoots perfectly and is a great gun and I cannot wait to finish her up!

Last edited by DONT TREAD ON ME on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

HOSSISFREE
Posts in topic: 7

Post by HOSSISFREE »

XtremeDuty.45

You can't link to pics on Flickr from other forums. I use photobucket.com free account. After you upload your photos, when you mouse over a photo it will show you different kinds of code below the photo. Copy the one on bottom (the [img] code) and paste it into your post where you'd like the photo. Then use the preview function before posting to check that you got it right.

It took me a little bit of frustration to figure that out and get it right. Patience grasshopper....

Hoss

p.s. Nice new 1911! I remember thrill of getting mine.
..." it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." ~ Declaration of Independence!

mgood

Post by mgood »

VERY nice 1911 there XD45.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

Thanks for the compliments. I was not sure about the Mil-Spec but after the upgrades that I have done I can say that it is a GREAT shooting and feeling gun.

Hoss,
Thank you VERY much for that help. It worked very well!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”