September 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

USA1
Posts in topic: 63

Re: September 2009 Applications

Post by USA1 »

redrockx wrote: so, what time frame am i looking at "if" all goes well...? for plastic to arrive.
hello .

where you live has a lot to do with it . i would estimate 60 days give or take .

good luck . :tiphat:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

redrockx
Posts in topic: 10

Post by redrockx »

USA1 wrote:
redrockx wrote: so, what time frame am i looking at "if" all goes well...? for plastic to arrive.
hello .

where you live has a lot to do with it . i would estimate 60 days give or take .

Well, i'm in "small town" Stephenville Tx... about 75miles west of FtWorth.
and have lived here 3 months, but i was born 20 miles FROM here.
even smaller town named Hico...
:confused5
RedrockX
CHL LEGAL
Beretta PX4 SC 9mm w/Viridian C5L
Beretta 92FS
Ruger P89
Howa .308 Sniper Rifle
Colt Sportster AR15
Marlin 60 (twins) .22 plinkers

USA1
Posts in topic: 63

Post by USA1 »

redrockx wrote:
USA1 wrote:
hello .

Well, i'm in "small town" Stephenville Tx... about 75miles west of FtWorth.
and have lived here 3 months, but i was born 20 miles FROM here.
even smaller town named Hico...
:confused5
that will work to your favor .

its the most populated areas such as Houston that seem to have the most delays , especially when it comes to the background check .
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

redrockx

Post by redrockx »

well sweet...
small towns should be less delays...

thanks for the info.
RedrockX
CHL LEGAL
Beretta 92FS
Ruger P89
Howa .308 Sniper Rifle
Colt Sportster AR15

ES4Me
Posts in topic: 44

Post by ES4Me »

Ok.....me and the DH got our rejected paperwork back from the DPS today. For various reasons, my app was sent in two weeks prior to hubby's. Same notary, same CHL class, etc. - only difference in our apps was the obvious name, rank and serial number. ;-)

So, I open my envelope first. Yep - there it is - the letter regarding the TR100 and the fact that the class was taken before Sept. 1. Then there is a second letter. Letter of rejection for ONE of the notarized pages because (handwritten in red ink at the bottom of the official letter) "Our system don't recognize hand written expiration date for notaries". Aarrrggghhh........no wonder they have problems at the DPS office!! My gosh...simple correct grammar would perhaps be a GOOD thing in a professional environment, no??? Guess I should just be happy it didn't say "You don't got no right stamp on your papers". :eek6

To make this whole thing even more rich, my next door neighbor is the person who notarized our paperwork. She is a court reporter and notarizes testimony for CAPITAL MURDER CASES IN OUR COUNTY (amongst many other cases)!!!!! She is the right hand person to a District Court Judge!! So the DPS is telling me her notary seals are not sufficient??? :headscratch

Then I move on to hubby's envelope. Yep...same TR100 issue - NO rejection of his notarized forms notarized by our neighbor!! Oh yea...and no red ink/improper grammar at the bottom of his letter.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I'm going for some aspirin......my head hurts!
CHL Class - 08/22/09
App Mailed to DPS - 09/16/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09
Processing App - 11/11/09
Plastic in Hand - 12/26/09

joe817
Posts in topic: 62

Post by joe817 »

Oh gosh ES4Me, I feel for you so bad. I can understand your frustrations. I really can.

But as you applied online, you got in your packet, a piece of paper titled: INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING AFFIDAVITS AND AUTHORIZATION. It's form # CR-84L(8/07)[in the lower right hand corner].

Instruction number 3):
"On each form, in the presence of a notary public, please sign your name, and then have the notary fill in the date and sign his/her name and apply an inked notary's seal. It is imperative that the date, notary's name, and seal are made in ink so that they can be photocopies. Notary expiration dates must not be handwritten in. "

Personally I think that's silly. But they must have a reason for requiring this.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

seadog
Posts in topic: 23

Post by seadog »

sorry ES4Me
Took class -------8/7/09
Sent papers------8/14/09
Return receipt---8/17/09
Check cashed ---8/21/09
Processing -------9/8/09
Complete---------10/15/09
Wally walk--------11/28/09 LOL
NRA member

seadog

Post by seadog »

USA1 wrote:
hello .

Looks like it's moving faster now. I am just outside of Houston in Galveston county and I got my approval in 58 calendar days. My plastic hit the mail box yesterday for a total of 64 days
Took class -------8/7/09
Sent papers------8/14/09
Return receipt---8/17/09
Check cashed ---8/21/09
Processing -------9/8/09
Complete---------10/15/09
Wally walk--------11/28/09 LOL
NRA member

ammo two
Posts in topic: 44

Post by ammo two »

seadog wrote: Looks like it's moving faster now. I am just outside of Houston in Galveston county and I got my approval in 58 calendar days. My plastic hit the mail box yesterday for a total of 64 days

Congrats Seadog!

redrockx

Post by redrockx »

ammo two wrote:
seadog wrote: Looks like it's moving faster now. I am just outside of Houston in Galveston county and I got my approval in 58 calendar days. My plastic hit the mail box yesterday for a total of 64 days

Congrats Seadog!

SWEET...

happy toatn'
RedrockX
CHL LEGAL
Beretta 92FS
Ruger P89
Howa .308 Sniper Rifle
Colt Sportster AR15

ExMarlboroMan
Posts in topic: 33

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

seadog wrote:
USA1 wrote:
hello .

Looks like it's moving faster now. I am just outside of Houston in Galveston county and I got my approval in 58 calendar days. My plastic hit the mail box yesterday for a total of 64 days
Another League City'er here. I lived in Houston/Harris county my whole life though untill 2007. So I've got records from Harris and Galveston , hope that doesn't throw 'em too far off from the 60 day mark!

BTW You know that League City/ 77573 has the highest number of CHL's in TEXAS!!!
NRA Member
"Don't retreat, just reload!"- Sarah Palin
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Kevinf2349 »

ExMarlboroMan wrote:BTW You know that League City/ 77573 has the highest number of CHL's in TEXAS!!!
Howdy...from one of those :)...well two counting the better half.

Welcome onboard. Where did you take the CHL class?
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

CHLady

Post by CHLady »

CHLady wrote: :hurry: :fire :patriot: :clapping: Wooo Hooo! After 51 days "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active". I'm going to pick out my outfit for the Wally Walk!! Yeah!!! I should have my license by this weekend!!!
Would you believe that I got my plastic today?!!!!! Wooo Hooo!!! Look out Wally World here I come!

Thanks everyone for your support in making this a bearable process! The DPS is getting it back together! Yeah!!!
Ruger LCP
SW MP 9mm (fav)
Bersa Thunder .380cc

CHL Class - 08/29/09
Mailed Appl - 09/01/09
DPS Cashed Chk - 09/08/09
DPS Issued PIN - 10/01/09
DPS Status - 10/01/09 Processing Appl
Application Completed - license issued or certificate active 10/20/09
Plastic in Hand - 10/22/09 (53 days)

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Kevinf2349 »

Many congratulations CHLady. Enjoy the Wally Walk and be safe out there. :tiphat:
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

NAVY CHIEF
Posts in topic: 1

Post by NAVY CHIEF »

CHLady wrote:
CHLady wrote: :hurry: :fire :patriot: :clapping: Wooo Hooo! After 51 days "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active". I'm going to pick out my outfit for the Wally Walk!! Yeah!!! I should have my license by this weekend!!!
Would you believe that I got my plastic today?!!!!! Wooo Hooo!!! Look out Wally World here I come!

Thanks everyone for your support in making this a bearable process! The DPS is getting it back together! Yeah!!!
Congratulations CHLady! One more woman that the BG's better NOT to mess with! :smash: :fire :fire

BTW, we have the same "carry legal" birthday! :thumbs2:

Hooyah!
CHL class: 8/29/09
Plastic Received:22OCT09

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”