A disappointing State Fair episode 10-1-09

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

joe817
Posts in topic: 17

Re: A disappointing State Fair episode 10-1-09

Post by joe817 »

Good post fizteach! Thanks for sharing!

The inconsistencies are incredible. Either there is GROSS miscommunication on the security company disseminating their desires to the front gates(which would normally be done at a staff meeting for ALL staff gate people to hear), or SOME security supervisor type(s) are going to each gate(with some gates being missed), and giving instructions to the person on hand at the time, and all front gate people are not getting the trickle down instructions from the "top". To me it's certainly not a "corporate policy" type instruction that's being given.....only piecemeal. Which means it's not an official policy at all.....only the desires of a few people in supervisory positions. Which makes that an even more dangerous(if that's the proper word) proposition on the security of the information that we volunteer to those few that "require" it.

On a different note, I listened in its entirety( except for the FIRST 48 minutes, starting at 4pm) to the Wells Report on KLIF, 570AM., and heard nothing about the State Fair inquisition on CHL holders. Did I miss something?
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

THE ENGINEER
Posts in topic: 2

Post by THE ENGINEER »

My wife and I had no issues tonight at all as there was NO SECURITY! We paid the $10 to park at the Haskell entrance. The whole way I was anticipating having to argue against having any data being recorded and how I was gonna request my $10 parking fee back if we left. My wife and I had already discussed that if any info other than my name, which is a common name, was requested to be recorded we would leave and have fun somewhere else. To our surprise there was no security check. We bought our tickets and walked right in. I thought this was way too easy and that there would be a checkpoint further in, but nothing. No wand, no security officers, nada! I have to say we had a very good time. Some would say that the lack of security is even more reason to carry a gun. I did not feel any less safe there than anywhere else. The fair does not bring out all of the thugs, and it is probably no more dangerous than any other public place. I hope others have a good experience as well. :cheers2:

C-dub
Posts in topic: 24

Post by C-dub »

THE ENGINEER wrote:My wife and I had no issues tonight at all as there was NO SECURITY! We paid the $10 to park at the Haskell entrance. The whole way I was anticipating having to argue against having any data being recorded and how I was gonna request my $10 parking fee back if we left. My wife and I had already discussed that if any info other than my name, which is a common name, was requested to be recorded we would leave and have fun somewhere else. To our surprise there was no security check. We bought our tickets and walked right in. I thought this was way too easy and that there would be a checkpoint further in, but nothing. No wand, no security officers, nada! I have to say we had a very good time. Some would say that the lack of security is even more reason to carry a gun. I did not feel any less safe there than anywhere else. The fair does not bring out all of the thugs, and it is probably no more dangerous than any other public place. I hope others have a good experience as well. :cheers2:
Unbelievable! That's just amazing! What time did you go?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

THE ENGINEER
Posts in topic: 2

Post by THE ENGINEER »

C-dub wrote:
THE ENGINEER wrote:My wife and I had no issues tonight at all as there was NO SECURITY! We paid the $10 to park at the Haskell entrance. The whole way I was anticipating having to argue against having any data being recorded and how I was gonna request my $10 parking fee back if we left. My wife and I had already discussed that if any info other than my name, which is a common name, was requested to be recorded we would leave and have fun somewhere else. To our surprise there was no security check. We bought our tickets and walked right in. I thought this was way too easy and that there would be a checkpoint further in, but nothing. No wand, no security officers, nada! I have to say we had a very good time. Some would say that the lack of security is even more reason to carry a gun. I did not feel any less safe there than anywhere else. The fair does not bring out all of the thugs, and it is probably no more dangerous than any other public place. I hope others have a good experience as well. :cheers2:
Unbelievable! That's just amazing! What time did you go?
We went at about 7:30 at night. The only person there was a non-security lady at the turnstile that took our tickets.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Well, that explains it. Since bad guys are afraid of the dark there's no reason to check for weapons that late. :roll:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

joe817
Posts in topic: 17

Post by joe817 »

C-dub wrote:Well, that explains it. Since bad guys are afraid of the dark there's no reason to check for weapons that late. :roll:
"rlol"
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

AEA
Posts in topic: 7

Post by AEA »

More likely they are cutting back their useless security during the last days of the fair. No need to spend any more money for feel good appearances at this late date.

More excellent reasoning by the Management...... :roll:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Topic author
gemini
Posts in topic: 45

Post by gemini »

AEA wrote:More likely they are cutting back their useless security during the last days of the fair. No need to spend any more money for feel good appearances at this late date.

More excellent reasoning by the Management...... :roll:
:iagree:

texasag93
Posts in topic: 1

Post by texasag93 »

jimlongley wrote:I just noticed that my spell checker rendered the plural of "forum" as two words, which could lead to some confusion. Correcting.
for 'em?

Sorry to get off subject..
texasag93

blue
Posts in topic: 8

Post by blue »

Tx-OU weekend (Big Stadium full of people + fair) needs LESS security ????????????

-really is some kinda management there!

------------------------

It IS time for Vermont/Alaska rules in Texas!!!! (SERIOUSLY).

Blue

txbirddog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txbirddog »

Just a "power" play. Trying to prove their importance. Maybe next time they will learn the rules. :rules:

Topic author
gemini
Posts in topic: 45

Post by gemini »

txbirddog wrote:Just a "power" play. Trying to prove their importance. Maybe next time they will learn the rules. :rules:
???

Kythas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Kythas »

Went to the State Fair yesterday (Texas/OU weekend). I took the DART rail, which was a bad idea but that's another story.

There was security and everyone had wands, but nobody was using them. They were just waiving everyone through, though they were asking to look in the women's bags.

As a side note, there was a line to get out of the fair if you took DART and it took over an hour just to leave. I'm sure it's because the rail system was overloaded due to the game, as 98% of the people there were wearing either orange or red.

Lesson: Don't go to the fair during Texas/OU weekend.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Kythas wrote: Lesson: Don't go to the fair during Texas/OU weekend.
Unless you want to sneak in an illegal weapon. :grumble

mred
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mred »

did gang night already happen or is it coming up?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”