September 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

seadog
Posts in topic: 23

Re: September 2009 Applications

Post by seadog »

Sorry to hear about that ES4Me. Sometimes it's like :banghead:

I like the LCP for the very reason you can always have it with you, no matter how your dressed. I already have a couple of boxes of Hornady defense ammo, I just need to find some FMJ practice rounds.
Took class -------8/7/09
Sent papers------8/14/09
Return receipt---8/17/09
Check cashed ---8/21/09
Processing -------9/8/09
Complete---------10/15/09
Wally walk--------11/28/09 LOL
NRA member

CHLady

Post by CHLady »

seadog wrote:This is great!!!! I checked the site about 10.00am and here is the result: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
That's great!!!! You'll have your License probably Friday or Saturday, no later than Monday! Congratulations!!! :hurry:

Nice choice on the LCP. We're a two elsie family. One with a laser and one without. If you're going to use a back pocket wallet holster Uncle George is the best around, in our opinion. Check out his Web site or see his new sponsorship on elsiepea. We have one holster of each, with and without laser. We just bought 380 self defense "Gold Dot" 20 for 20.99 at Cabelas. I also have a Bersa Thunder 380cc that is a little picky about ammo and it likes the Gold Dot.

I agree with the others, Acadamy is the best place to watch for 380 full metal jacket practice ammo.

I know you'll have a great weekend and congratulations again. I'm selfish......hope I'm next!!!
Ruger LCP
SW MP 9mm (fav)
Bersa Thunder .380cc

CHL Class - 08/29/09
Mailed Appl - 09/01/09
DPS Cashed Chk - 09/08/09
DPS Issued PIN - 10/01/09
DPS Status - 10/01/09 Processing Appl
Application Completed - license issued or certificate active 10/20/09
Plastic in Hand - 10/22/09 (53 days)

CHLady

Post by CHLady »

I'm sooo sorry about the application ordeal!!!! I can't even imagine how your instructor feels!!! I agree with the others.......the DPS could have handled that quite differently with a win win for all. They were probably just excited to find a way to shorten their stack for the moment.

I hope they are just as quick to process them in a special batch when they get them back!!!
Ruger LCP
SW MP 9mm (fav)
Bersa Thunder .380cc

CHL Class - 08/29/09
Mailed Appl - 09/01/09
DPS Cashed Chk - 09/08/09
DPS Issued PIN - 10/01/09
DPS Status - 10/01/09 Processing Appl
Application Completed - license issued or certificate active 10/20/09
Plastic in Hand - 10/22/09 (53 days)

joe817
Posts in topic: 62

Post by joe817 »

ES4Me, what got rejected? The TR-100?
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

seadog

Post by seadog »

CHLady wrote:
seadog wrote:This is great!!!! I checked the site about 10.00am and here is the result: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
That's great!!!! You'll have your License probably Friday or Saturday, no later than Monday! Congratulations!!! :hurry:

Nice choice on the LCP. We're a two elsie family. One with a laser and one without. If you're going to use a back pocket wallet holster Uncle George is the best around, in our opinion. Check out his Web site or see his new sponsorship on elsiepea. We have one holster of each, with and without laser. We just bought 380 self defense "Gold Dot" 20 for 20.99 at Cabelas. I also have a Bersa Thunder 380cc that is a little picky about ammo and it likes the Gold Dot.

I agree with the others, Acadamy is the best place to watch for 380 full metal jacket practice ammo.

I know you'll have a great weekend and congratulations again. I'm selfish......hope I'm next!!!
I hope your next too. I'll keep checking academy.
Took class -------8/7/09
Sent papers------8/14/09
Return receipt---8/17/09
Check cashed ---8/21/09
Processing -------9/8/09
Complete---------10/15/09
Wally walk--------11/28/09 LOL
NRA member

ES4Me
Posts in topic: 44

Post by ES4Me »

joe817 wrote:ES4Me, what got rejected? The TR-100?
That is my understanding of the situation. If the State sent the wrong forms, then the State should be the one to fix the problem, IMHO. :grumble

Today, my status finally changed on the DPS website. It says "Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent." :cry:

I am assuming at this point this means they are sending back the entire packet along with the letter?
CHL Class - 08/22/09
App Mailed to DPS - 09/16/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09
Processing App - 11/11/09
Plastic in Hand - 12/26/09

USA1
Posts in topic: 63

Post by USA1 »

ES4Me wrote:
That is my understanding of the situation. If the State sent the wrong forms, then the State should be the one to fix the problem, IMHO. :grumble

Today, my status finally changed on the DPS website. It says "Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent." :cry:

I am assuming at this point this means they are sending back the entire packet along with the letter?
that's bogus :grumble
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

joe817

Post by joe817 »

ES4Me wrote:

There is a lengthy thread in the "Instructiors Forum" part of the forum, regarding the new TR-100. Charles(the founder and "owner" of this forum") went into good detail stating the new TR-100 was, NOT to be used prior to Sept.1.

I'll leave it at that and invite you to read that thread for further information.

MANY changes were made for the application, processing and approval process that were to be implemented beginning Sept.1. Many of us are the beneficiaries of those changes, while some like yourself, are(in my opinion) unjustly "punished" by further delays because of miscommunication on some level.

With that said, this is a good time to increase your knowledge(by reading voraciously on this forum) and your shooting skills(by going to the range frequently, and learning about your carry options) while you are waiting.

I do hope that your application and those of your fellow classmates will be expedited at DPS when they receive them. :tiphat:
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
jsimmons
Banned
Posts in topic: 32

Post by jsimmons »

Well, a week has passed since my app went to "processing", and this morning it still reads "Processing application".

Can I safely assume that if the status hasn't changed to reflect a problem by now then there is no problem with the basic paperwork? I know it might take the FBI a little while longer to get around to rejecting prints, but shouldn't the DPS have decided by now that something needed to be fixed for their own purposes?
Took class, paid fees, changed my mind. I want constitutional carry.

arnoldstrong
Posts in topic: 12

Post by arnoldstrong »

jsimmons wrote:Well, a week has passed since my app went to "processing", and this morning it still reads "Processing application".

Can I safely assume that if the status hasn't changed to reflect a problem by now then there is no problem with the basic paperwork? I know it might take the FBI a little while longer to get around to rejecting prints, but shouldn't the DPS have decided by now that something needed to be fixed for their own purposes?
Sorry to tell you but it's probably too early to assume anything. Mine went from processing to approved in about 10 days, but my dads was processing for over a month before he found out that the FBI rejected his prints.....Just keep patient friend

:patriot:
CHL Class: 08/01/09
Mailed App: 08/03/09
Packet returned: 08/22/09
Packet Re-Mailed: 08/24/09
PIN Received via E-mail: 09/08/09
Processing Application: 09/15/09
Application Completed: 09/24/09
Plastic in hand: 09/28/09

TX CHL Holder
NRA Member
Glock Enthusiast (G-19 G-26)

ExMarlboroMan
Posts in topic: 33

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

Recieved my pin today!

Great forum here guys, hope to stick around a while, just not so much in "The waiting room" :txflag:

USA1

Post by USA1 »

ExMarlboroMan wrote:Recieved my pin today!

Great forum here guys, hope to stick around a while, just not so much in "The waiting room" :txflag:
welcome to the forum ExMarlboroMan :tiphat:

ExMarlboroMan
Posts in topic: 33

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

USA1 wrote:
ExMarlboroMan wrote:Recieved my pin today!

welcome to the forum ExMarlboroMan :tiphat:
Thank you Sir.

Status = processing. This is worse then waiting for a new engine to be built, or the seconds before a race. I swear i think i started checking the mail box the day after i mailed my packet :biggrinjester:
NRA Member
"Don't retreat, just reload!"- Sarah Palin
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

USA1

Post by USA1 »

ExMarlboroMan wrote: I swear i think i started checking the mail box the day after i mailed my packet :biggrinjester:
totally understandable . :mrgreen:

BTW , i noticed in your signature line that you have an LCP .
it seems to be a very popular gun .
i have seen or read that a lot of other members here also have one .

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Welcome to the forum EXM.M. Glad to have you with us!
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”