Army Surplus Store

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
USA1
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Army Surplus Store

Post by USA1 »

randomizzer wrote:Command Post over on Beltway 8 and Southwest Fwy
that's the one i went to .

i did see a lot of ammo cans , but since i wasn't in the market for one , i can't tell you exactly what they had .
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

papacharles

Post by papacharles »

Surplus City in Killeen near the intersection of 190 and 195. They had more than I can enumerate. More than half of the inventory was second hand uniforms, but the rest of a little of everything.

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MoJo »

G.I. Surplus in Beaumont used to be the real deal they still have some genuine surplus items but mostly commercial goods.

Academy Sports and Outdoors was known as Academy Surplus when they first went into business. The first Academy store I ever went into was full of surplus items.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Mike1951 »

Anyone remember a chain of army surplus stores by the name of Southern Sales?

I may not be remembering correctly, since it's been a few decades. I seem to remember them being bought out by Academy and then Academy having a corner of their stores dedicated to surplus goods until that inventory was gone.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

bdickens wrote:Colonel Bubbie's is awesome! I wonder how thay are doing after Ike.
The owner died since Ike, I think the store is still doing ok though. He was a real nice guy.
Con. Bubbies has a lot of real military surplus. lots of Isreali and East European stuff. Sometimes they even have 1911 and m9 mags for sale.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Liberty wrote:
bdickens wrote:Colonel Bubbie's is awesome! I wonder how thay are doing after Ike.
The owner died since Ike, I think the store is still doing ok though. He was a real nice guy.
Con. Bubbies has a lot of real military surplus. lots of Isreali and East European stuff. Sometimes they even have 1911 and m9 mags for sale.
I am sad to hear that the owner passed, but I am glad that the store is still going. I enjoyed browsing there.
NRA Endowment Member

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Mike1951 »

Still got the cats??
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

cdc101
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cdc101 »

Mike1951 wrote:Still got the cats??
They do!
Chris
US Army Cavalry Scout: 1992 - 1997

Mithras61

Post by Mithras61 »

I like Top Brass on I-45 in Houston. They do have some "Made in China" stuff, but they also have a variety of new and used US- Canadian- and other military surplus. They also have a variety of military-related equipment and t-shirts (PT gear and the like).

Topic author
USA1
Posts in topic: 9

Post by USA1 »

Mithras61 wrote:I like Top Brass on I-45 in Houston. They do have some "Made in China" stuff, but they also have a variety of new and used US- Canadian- and other military surplus. They also have a variety of military-related equipment and t-shirts (PT gear and the like).
thanks for the info . i'm going to stop by there and check them out .
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

sheffd

Post by sheffd »

With all the previous posts, there are still those little dark hole-in-the-walls. After joining the TXSG, it was recommended to go to the Army/Navy Surplus store in Farmers Branch, just south of Valwood. The store is run by two of the nicest people. Very helpful in anything that you could want. Of course, I was a little annoyed one day after drill and on my way home I decided to stop and purchase a few items that were recommended at drill. I was still in uniform, and the lady there kept following me around. Not that I was worried about anything, just odd. She had never done that before. Another really nice clean store is in North Dallas or Richardson area just on the west side of 75 just a couple miles up from 635. Excellent selection of goods and decent pricing.

One of the little hole-in-the-wall places is on Harry Hines and the operator looks like he spent too long in Nam. He basically had what I would consider as 'junk' and his prices were too high.

I know it's not Houston area but hey, just my $.02. :txflag:
You sometimes find your destiny on the road you chose to avoid it.

joe817
Posts in topic: 6

Post by joe817 »

Another really nice clean store is in North Dallas or Richardson area just on the west side of 75 just a couple miles up from 635.
I know that store! It's in the N.W. corner of 75 & Beltline Rd. Great army surplus store. Thanks for reminding me.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

timdsmith72
Posts in topic: 3

Post by timdsmith72 »

I may have to check that one out too. It's not too far from where I live.

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

I went into Command Post for the first time just the other day. They do have .50 caliber ammo cans in stock. Some were in good shape.

Overall the store was selling a lot of junk. Not much surplus and mostly knock off BDUs etc. I am spoiled after being in the Army though. Killeen has some pretty awesome surplus stores or at least they did when I was there. You could get all kinds of stuff at those. I've though about making a trip up there one day just to peruse. If anyone else in Houston wants to go let me know and we can all chip in on gas!
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

papacharles

Post by papacharles »

There is a real army surplus store in Killeen. It is at the intersection of 190 and 195 ( on the West side of Killeen ).
It has a little bit of everything.
Charles Cashion
NRA MEMBER
CHL HOLDER since 9/11

Return to “Off-Topic”