Muammar Gaddafi

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
casingpoint
Posts in topic: 1

Muammar Gaddafi

Post by casingpoint »

Did anybody notice Gaddafi's entrance to the U.N. yesterday?
Man, that dude was ripped on something. Hashish, Mary Jane, sopers, something. What a stoner. Then he fell in behind Obama and rattled on for ninety minutes of wandering diatribe. He's always such a great caricature of a Bedouin herdsman who just fell off the turnip truck:

pdubyoo

Re: Muammar Gaddafi

Post by pdubyoo »

:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

That picture is worth far more than a thousand words...especially the thousands mumbled by the Bedouin herdsman!! I can't do anything but laugh.
Nov. 2010...Check!
Nov. 2012...Don't Give Up!
Jan. 2013...True Change!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The current President of the UN's General Assembly (different from the UN's Secretary General) is H.E. Dr. Ali Abdussalam Treki, Lybia's Secretary of African Union Affairs. Treki is the one who limited speakers before the General Assembly at this session to 15 minutes each. Before Gaddafi spoke, Treki introduced him as "King of Kings," and he made no effort to constrain the amount of time that Gaddafi used up - even though it stomped all over the times scheduled for other heads of state; nor did he reschedule those who Gaddafi steamrolled so that they could have their say.

This is not even remotely close to how the UN is supposed to be run. Since we pay 22% of the UN's budget, and since the other pretenders to superpower status (Russia and China) aren't even in the top 5 dues payers (the top 5 pay something like 60-70% of the UN support), this organization is nothing more than a freak show.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jimlongley »

And to think, I stood just feet away from him, in 1968, with an M1 Garand in my hands.

Who knew?
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

rangefinderII

Post by rangefinderII »

I think that's a picture of a brain destroyed by syphilis.

After the latest fiassco at the U.N. I think we should pullout. Let the U.N. go to China or India.

We need to get tough but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Pete92FS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pete92FS »

jimlongley wrote:And to think, I stood just feet away from him, in 1968, with an M1 Garand in my hands.

Who knew?
You must have been stationed at Wheelus AFB? I graduated from Wheelus HS in '69 and my Dad luckily got trasferred out of Tripoli 6 weeks before that boob overthrew the king. We lived there for 4 years and it actually wasn't a bad place to live until the Colonel took over.
CHL since 01/26/09

AEA

Post by AEA »

The Annoyed Man wrote:The current President of the UN's General Assembly (different from the UN's Secretary General) is H.E. Dr. Ali Abdussalam Treki, Lybia's Secretary of African Union Affairs. Treki is the one who limited speakers before the General Assembly at this session to 15 minutes each. Before Gaddafi spoke, Treki introduced him as "King of Kings," and he made no effort to constrain the amount of time that Gaddafi used up - even though it stomped all over the times scheduled for other heads of state; nor did he reschedule those who Gaddafi steamrolled so that they could have their say.

This is not even remotely close to how the UN is supposed to be run. Since we pay 22% of the UN's budget, and since the other pretenders to superpower status (Russia and China) aren't even in the top 5 dues payers (the top 5 pay something like 60-70% of the UN support), this organization is nothing more than a freak show.
:iagree: We need to do whatever it takes to rid ourselves of this UN on US soil! It is simply crazy for us to have this Body here and allow our most defiant enemy's come to US soil! And for us to be the the majority supporter of it financially as well.

Time for some other Member State to play host for 59 years! :banghead:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

Everyone I know that lived in Libya pre-Ghaddafi, loved the place.

When I saw his speech on the TV yesterday, all I could think of was "still crazy after all these years".
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Mithras61

Post by Mithras61 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:The current President of the UN's General Assembly (different from the UN's Secretary General) is H.E. Dr. Ali Abdussalam Treki, Lybia's Secretary of African Union Affairs. Treki is the one who limited speakers before the General Assembly at this session to 15 minutes each. Before Gaddafi spoke, Treki introduced him as "King of Kings," and he made no effort to constrain the amount of time that Gaddafi used up - even though it stomped all over the times scheduled for other heads of state; nor did he reschedule those who Gaddafi steamrolled so that they could have their say.

Saw part of it yesterday. The best part was the other delegations getting up & walking out in the middle of his inane ramblings.

Of course, who could blame them. He was (among other things) complaining about how the time here is wrong because it was still dark when he woke up. :lol:

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Pete92FS wrote:
jimlongley wrote:And to think, I stood just feet away from him, in 1968, with an M1 Garand in my hands.

Who knew?
You must have been stationed at Wheelus AFB? I graduated from Wheelus HS in '69 and my Dad luckily got trasferred out of Tripoli 6 weeks before that boob overthrew the king. We lived there for 4 years and it actually wasn't a bad place to live until the Colonel took over.
No, I was aboard ship, making a "diplomatic" visit to Tobruk. We were supposed to receive a visit from the king or prince or something, but he sent a group of representatives including his head military attache. When the overthrow happened several of us noted who was involved and that we had seen him on our ship.

I was on the honor guard, my Garand was not loaded.

Pete92FS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pete92FS »

jimlongley wrote:
Pete92FS wrote:

Who knew?
No, I was aboard ship, making a "diplomatic" visit to Tobruk. We were supposed to receive a visit from the king or prince or something, but he sent a group of representatives including his head military attache. When the overthrow happened several of us noted who was involved and that we had seen him on our ship.

A U.S. Navy destroyer visited Tripoli about that same time period - I think it was USS John Paul Jones - I might be wrong on the name.
CHL since 01/26/09

Drewthetexan

Post by Drewthetexan »

Reuters reported that he tried unsuccessfully to pitch his bedouin tent in central park. More than just a caricature, I'd say.

EDIT: that picture is awesome

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Anyone else notice that this clown has been silent ever since Reagan sent a couple of missles into his house? Until now when we got this terrorist-appeasing, America-hating Marxist with a weakling foreign policy in the White House.

"Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do to atone for your country" seems to be Barry's motto.
Byron Dickens

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Pete92FS wrote:
jimlongley wrote:
Pete92FS wrote:

Who knew?

A U.S. Navy destroyer visited Tripoli about that same time period - I think it was USS John Paul Jones - I might be wrong on the name.

I believe you're right, JPJ went to Tripoli, we, USS Zellars, went to Tobruk.

Return to “Off-Topic”