ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

mred
Posts in topic: 4

Re: ammo on sale

Post by mred »

Thanks chamberc, 17.67 for the hornady and I can wait on sportsman guide. 50 bucks at bull in garland. On sportman I can double the ammo and save a little. How does the Magtech work for you or others. I like to shoot what I carry.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Liberty »

I saw 1 box of .380 ammo today, anyone interested Galveston or nearby pm me. and I will let you know where.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

USA1
Posts in topic: 104

Post by USA1 »

Liberty wrote:I saw 1 box of .380 ammo today, anyone interested Galveston or nearby pm me. and I will let you know where.
are you sure it wasn't a dream ? :lol::
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

paynewp
Posts in topic: 3

Post by paynewp »

Walmart in Rowlett had lots of 9mm, 357 and 40 all in Winchester this morning.

I have some extra Winchester 45 Auto (100rd) 3 boxes. I just got rid of the 45 I had and do not plan on replacing it very soon so if someone in the Sachse area would like let me know.
03/25/09 -- Packet mailed to DPS
05/15/09 -- Processing Application
07/15/09 -- Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
07/18/09 -- Plastic in hand and Wally walk completed

Kimber Pro Carry II
Glock 22

NAVY CHIEF
Posts in topic: 7

Post by NAVY CHIEF »

USA1 wrote:
Liberty wrote:I saw 1 box of .380 ammo today, anyone interested Galveston or nearby pm me. and I will let you know where.
are you sure it wasn't a dream ? :lol::
So I'm guessing that getting a .380 BUG is NOT a good idea? What smaller caliber would be ideal?

Hooyah!
CHL class: 8/29/09
Plastic Received:22OCT09

joe817
Posts in topic: 92

Post by joe817 »

So I'm guessing that getting a .380 BUG is NOT a good idea? What smaller caliber would be ideal?
Navy Chief, I wouldn't say that at all. A lot of CHL holder's use a .380 as a primary carry weapon. And even more people use it as a back up. There aren't to many more calibers smaller than a .380 that would be effective in a s.d. situation. In fact, I can only think of the .32 that could even be considered. And that, IMO would be a poor choice.

It's just that we are coming out of an extreme ammo shortage that's been in place for the past year. And we are just now in the recovering stages. Why back in April, the 9mm was just as scarce as the .380 is now(just as ALL handgun ammo was). But we are seeing an end to the ammo drought, by seeing 9mm first come available in quantity starting around mid-July. We saw .45 more often in August, and now we are seeing more .380 on the store shelves. It's a matter of supply catching up with demand. And I believe that's happening, albeit slowly.

Don't let the lack of readily available ammo at this moment in time, stop you from getting a very popular back up caliber. IMO, it's a whole lot better than the .32.

Just my $.02 worth
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

paynewp
Posts in topic: 3

Post by paynewp »

joe817 wrote:
Navy Chief, I wouldn't say that at all. A lot of CHL holder's use a .380 as a primary carry weapon. And even more people use it as a back up. There aren't to many more calibers smaller than a .380 that would be effective in a s.d. situation. In fact, I can only think of the .32 that could even be considered. And that, IMO would be a poor choice.

It's just that we are coming out of an extreme ammo shortage that's been in place for the past year. And we are just now in the recovering stages. Why back in April, the 9mm was just as scarce as the .380 is now(just as ALL handgun ammo was). But we are seeing an end to the ammo drought, by seeing 9mm first come available in quantity starting around mid-July. We saw .45 more often in August, and now we are seeing more .380 on the store shelves. It's a matter of supply catching up with demand. And I believe that's happening, albeit slowly.

Don't let the lack of readily available ammo at this moment in time, stop you from getting a very popular back up caliber. IMO, it's a whole lot better than the .32.

Just my $.02 worth

I have to agree, I have seen so much ammo the past few months that its kinda funny how much some stores are still trying to charge so much.
03/25/09 -- Packet mailed to DPS
05/15/09 -- Processing Application
07/15/09 -- Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
07/18/09 -- Plastic in hand and Wally walk completed

Kimber Pro Carry II
Glock 22

NAVY CHIEF

Post by NAVY CHIEF »

joe817 wrote:Don't let the lack of readily available ammo at this moment in time, stop you from getting a very popular back up caliber. IMO, it's a whole lot better than the .32.

Just my $.02 worth
Joe,
Thanks. I will keep my eye out in my neck of the woods for the ammo and how often it comes and goes. BTW, I noticed you changed your Avatar! What gun is it?

Hooyah!

C-dub
Posts in topic: 9

Post by C-dub »

Timmidsmith72, in his "unverified" Wally Walk thread mentioned the Carrollton Walmart had .40 ammo. Thanks for the tip!

I went by this morning and compared to what they've had over the last six months, they were loaded. There were 10 boxes of .40 FMJ and 12 boxes of .40 JHP. There was also several boxes of .22, 2 boxes of .357 mag, 1 box of 7.62, 2 boxes of 5.56, and 1 box of .44 mag. I got 4 of the .40 FMJ leaving 6 for anyone else than can get there.

The clerk said they don't get that much ammo on their regular trucks anymore. It is mostly delivered by UPS, which I found strange. We talked about them not selling firearms anymore and said that I had heard from someone else that Walmart wasn't going to sell ammo either. He acknowledged that they don't sell firearms anymore, but that it would be a huge mistake for them to stop selling ammo and he hasn't heard of any such plans. Of course, the lower level folks/clerks are going to be the last to know about any such plans, so take that for what it's worth. Might be <2 cents.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

joe817
Posts in topic: 92

Post by joe817 »

NAVY CHIEF wrote: Joe, Thanks. I will keep my eye out in my neck of the woods for the ammo and how often it comes and goes. BTW, I noticed you changed your Avatar! What gun is it? Hooyah!
That's a Ruger P-95 in 9mm. I picked it up in April off of auctionarms.com. I love it. It's a lot more accurate than I am, and was VERY affordable. It digests every type of ammo I've put through it, without 1 malfunction of any kind. Since I've had it I've put about 600 rounds through it. It's a used gun, but I prefer used one's. It was made in 2004.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 61
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Liberty:

You found some .380, but won't provide the site unless someone PM's you??

Do they have to know the secret handshake too?? :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:Liberty:

You found some .380, but won't provide the site unless someone PM's you??

Do they have to know the secret handshake too?? :-)

SIA
There was only one box...
I saw it at Patriot Arms on 61st street in Galveston.. It will probably be there Monday Morning.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Kevinf2349 »

Hmmm I have never heard of Patriot Arms....is it worth a visit?....not that I get to the island much these days. :tiphat:
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Kevinf2349 wrote:Hmmm I have never heard of Patriot Arms....is it worth a visit?....not that I get to the island much these days. :tiphat:
I went to the place for the first time Saturday. I found them exceptionally friendly and helpful. I made it clear. They still were very nice and showed me a couple of interesting guns..

2 guns that caught my attention .. a 9mm compact Sig 250 and the had a kewl springfield (sub?)compact 1911. They have new, consignment and used guns. They had a few 9mm Kahrs It is an interesting place I will be back.
Liberty''s Blog

NAVY CHIEF

Post by NAVY CHIEF »

Wally World on Vance Jackson has 4 boxes of 44 Mag. Just left there 5 minutes ago.

Happy hunting if you need 'em :lol::

Hooyah!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”