First impressions of the SmartCarry holster rig

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
YabuUS

First impressions of the SmartCarry holster rig

Post by YabuUS »

Just got my SmartCarry rig and had to try it out. I put my Millennium Pro .45 in the pocket (it fit perfectly) and strapped it on. The stretch 2" wide nylon belt rides just over the hips. Strong industrial velcro secures it. The weapon rides low over your privates. This method of carry is totally comfortable and it's totally invisible. The only caveat is that it won't work with tight pants. I haven't worn tight pants for 30yrs. so that's no problem. Pulling the weapon is easy - just pull your waistband out with your left thumb and slip your right hand (if you're right handed) down into the pants and pull out the gun. Very easy and smooth. This rig solves two of the biggest problems I have with carrying the gun on my side whether in an IWB or an OWB. I'm a big guy and when I sit down I have a spare tire that hangs over my belt. The gun would always dig into my side a little making it very uncomfortable. Also, sitting down in a chair with arms could be a problem since the gun would hang up on the arms at times. Plus, there is always a bulge on your side under the shirt. I was wearing shirts one size larger than I needed to compensate for this. The SmartCarry rig eliminates all those problems. I am really impressed with this method of carry. Some of you guys may already be familiar with this rig, but it was new to me. If you want more info. here's the web site: http://www.smartcarry.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First impressions of the SmartCarry holster rig

Post by The Annoyed Man »

When you draw the gun, you don't have to say "EXCUSE me, while I whip this out," do you? "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

USA1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by USA1 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:When you draw the gun, you don't have to say "EXCUSE me, while I whip this out," do you? "rlol"
:shock: ................ "rlol" :smilelol5: :woohoo :evil2:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

joe817
Posts in topic: 3

Post by joe817 »

:shock: no comment
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
YabuUS

Post by YabuUS »

The Annoyed Man wrote:When you draw the gun, you don't have to say "EXCUSE me, while I whip this out," do you? "rlol"
Ha, I knew this was coming. :lol: But I guarantee you the giggles will stop when they see that .45 in my hand. :mrgreen:

USA1

Post by USA1 »

YabuUS wrote:
Ha, I knew this was coming. :lol: But I guarantee you the giggles will stop when they see that .45 in my hand. :mrgreen:
:shock: that's true . the last thing i want to look at is that huge dark hole at the end of a .45

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

No, you don't have to say "Excuse me while I whip this out."

Anyone you have to draw upon is by nature ignorant of the niceties
of personal comportment.

:-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Wlw! That's what I call a closeup! I think I can see the lands and grooves in that thing! :shock:
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

USA1

Post by USA1 »

joe817 wrote:Wlw! That's what I call a closeup! I think I can see the lands and grooves in that thing! :shock:
if you look deep enough , you can see a JHP in there . :cool:

joe817

Post by joe817 »

USA1 wrote:
joe817 wrote:Wlw! That's what I call a closeup! I think I can see the lands and grooves in that thing! :shock:
if you look deep enough , you can see a JHP in there . :cool:
Uhhhhh....no thank you. :nono: :totap: :grumble
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I was skeptical when a friend told about his smartcarry. After I saw him draw I changed my mind. It conceals well and can be worn with shorts and shirts can be tucked in and it can be used on multiple weapons. It was definately worh the oney for me.

snorri

Post by snorri »

"You'll shoot your eye out, kid."
minatur innocentibus qui parcit nocentibus

RED FLAG LAWS ARE HATE CRIMES

Otto N. Sure

Post by Otto N. Sure »

Those of us who are a "bit older" make very regular trips to the men's room. Does the Smart Carry become a problem when nature calls?
Otto

Life Member: NRA; Single Action Shooting Society. Forum Moderator: CZForum.com

Topic author
YabuUS

Post by YabuUS »

Otto N. Sure wrote:Those of us who are a "bit older" make very regular trips to the men's room. Does the Smart Carry become a problem when nature calls?
No, not really. There's a whole section in the instructions that covers this situation. You can simply pull the holster to one side a bit to facilitate doing your business at the urinal. I haven't personally done this yet, but it sounds pretty simple and obvious. If you go to the web site and click on the Instruction Sheet link on the left side of the page it has a paragraph dealing with this.

mr.72
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mr.72 »

I just sold my SmartCarry to another forum member. Hopefully it is working for him. I found a narrow range of usability for me, and could in no way use it for every day carry. It was very uncomfortable and cumbersome to me. I wear jeans 90% of the time, the other 10% cargo shorts or cargo pants. None of my clothing would work with the SmartCarry. So it's highly clothing-dependent, and IMHO, also highly body-type dependent.

IMHO the big benefit to a SmartCarry (and the only time I used it) is when you are carrying with clothing that does not have a waist band that will support a traditional holster. I have found that for me, a LCP with a belt clip accomplishes that goal most of the time.
non-conformist CHL holder

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”