There I was, surrounded by State Troopers.....

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
john L
Posts in topic: 1

There I was, surrounded by State Troopers.....

Post by john L »

My wife had a minor medical procedure done today in Shreveport and we had to be at the hospital at 5:30 this morning. At around 7:30 they came and took her away for her procedure and I moved into the surgical waiting room for the duration.

I decided I needed to sample some of the waiting room coffee from a small breakfast bar they had set up at the middle of the room. So I'm right in the middle of filling my cup when I hear a large group of guys come up behind me. As I finish filling my cup, I say "Morning guys" as I slowly turn around from the coffee pot and realize I was addressing six Louisiana State Troopers.

We made some small talk as they got coffee and I find out they had a member of their troop having surgery this morning and they all came by to wish him well before he went in. After a minute or two, I suddenly remembered that I was carrying and thought to my self, "I hope none of these guys freak out if they notice".

Even though I'm licensed and the hospital is not posted, some officers have been known to treat you like a bank robber, when they notice you carrying, until they ID you as a good guy. I was even thinking how bad the coffee was going to burn if I got taken to the floor.

Since the last thing I needed was to be spread eagle in the middle of the waiting room while the wife was in surgery, I decided to retreat to my little corner of the waiting room and limit my contact with my new coffee buddies. Luckily, either my supertuck holster is paying for it's self or these guys figured with my military hair cut and charm, I was a good guy.

Of course the wife is doing fine and will be coming home in the morning.........

C-dub

Re: There I was, surrounded by State Troopers.....

Post by C-dub »

Very good. From some of the things we've heard about some Louisiana police it sounds like the supertuck has earned it's keep.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Oh gads! I got a queasy feeling in my stomach when I started reading your post johnl. Phew. Yup. I'd say the holster paid for itself. Glad that turned out ok, and I pray your wife is recovering comfortably. :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

A few weekends ago the wifey and I did the San Antonio, New Braunfels, Gruene, San Marcos, Austin tour thing...on the way home we stopped by the Capitol and did a quick tour, DPS officers all around, chatted with a few of them about various things in the Capitol...no notice/mention of anything unusual on me (Don Hume/Kimber at 3 o'clock)...they were very friendly, courteous folks.

nils

Post by nils »

That's a sticky situation...reminds me of the story from Reservoir Dogs. It's good to keep your cool, even when you are the good guy....because other good guys aren't always the smartest....good job. :clapping:
Sent Packet 7/27
DPS Received 8/11
Plastic in Hand 11/07/2008!!!!

Nils F.
Colt Defender
Springfield Armory Operator-Full Rail
Galco IWB Holster

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”